Furious 8 - April 14, 2017Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 187 comments
Can't wait to see it. Sure the movies are far fetched with mediocre acting and questionable plot lines, but I don't care. They are great for mindless entertainment and rather enjoyable.

Pretty much sums up my attitude towards the franchise. If I watch any of the movies, there's no way I'm looking for some deep, thought-provoking plot/storyline. Cool cars, steadily bigger name actors getting involved, escalating levels of bad guys (the big bad of one movie that's treated as a big deal is miles below the paygrade of the big bad four movies later) and a sense of "what sort of crazy logic-defying stunts have they cooked up this time?" Everyone's got their entertainment "junk food", and this franchise happens to be my favorite regardless of how cheesey or eye-rolling it can be.

Saw The Fate of the Furious today. It feels apparent that they threw together some drama for the sake of drama, but eh, anything to serve as an excuse for antics in high buck cars. I think from every movie since the sixth one, I've always said to myself "remember when the worst thing they did was hijack trucks with DVD players?"

The big bad in this movie definitely succeeded in the whole, "you shouldn't like this person" set-up with me. Other bad guys made me think, "yeah, this guy is a bastard" but watching this movie, I remember just thinking "I want something painful and messy to happen to this chick."

Supposedly there's two more films left, and lord knows what more they can do with this. Halfway expecting aliens to show up in the last installment with how much they like escalating the series.

Supposedly there's two more films left, and lord knows what more they can do with this. Halfway expecting aliens to show up in the last installment with how much they like escalating the series.
Nah, I think Dom will finally make a Dodge with enough torque, to actually turn the earth.

...in reverse. After hopping between skyscrapers and onto an airport runway that spans the entire continent of Europe. While towing a massive vault. In the middle of the night with no headlights, finishing with a drift, running off of a ramp and landing on a yacht, all on one tank of NOS. Which totals the Charger.

Speaking of, it kinda begs the question who has totalled more Dodge Chargers: Dom or two hillbillies from Hazzard county.

...in reverse. After hopping between skyscrapers and onto an airport runway that spans the entire continent of Europe. While towing a massive vault. In the middle of the night with no headlights, finishing with a drift, running off of a ramp and landing on a yacht, all on one tank of NOS. Which totals the Charger.

Speaking of, it kinda begs the question who has totalled more Dodge Chargers: Dom or two hillbillies from Hazzard county.
Seeing as Dom drove a a few Challengers, I'd say the Duke boys.

Back