Furious 8 - April 14, 2017Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 187 comments
Guys, help me... I think I'm going to give up to temptation :nervous: A part of me wants to see this crap :lol:
Well. If you do see this crap write a pretty honest review about it. Every time on YouTube the commercial starts up every time for me. lol

Came back from seeing this, was so much fun. Much better than 7 which I hated.

Charlize was sadly a big miss, really hated when she was on screen, bored the crap out of me.

But be prepared for really cheesy lines (they re-use almost every line in the franchise 7 times in the movie). Also the Rock and Vin are superheroes.

Came back from seeing this, was so much fun. Much better than 7 which I hated.

Charlize was sadly a big miss, really hated when she was on screen, bored the crap out of me.

But be prepared for really cheesy lines (they re-use almost every line in the franchise 7 times in the movie). Also the Rock and Vin are superheroes.

What about Shaw? Did they put on capes?

What about Shaw? Did they put on capes?

Shaw was great by the end, typical Jason Statham kick ass-ery. Won't go much into spoilers but he has some great scenes. Him and the rock exchanging insults looks really stupid (both look like they'll burst out laughing any second) but sometimes it is really funny.

I would like to say that the script is one of the worst and best I've ever witnessed.

I'm going to see this tonight but I'm not too excited. The length of the movie is what's bumming me out the most, there's only so many times you can listen to the word 'family' without losing your mind.

I'm going to see this tonight but I'm not too excited. The length of the movie is what's bumming me out the most, there's only so many times you can listen to the word 'family' without losing your mind.

Since you have reported back I assume you are still watching :lol:

I just heard this.
The following of all movies is.

First 2 were good, rest I just kinda stopped.

I actually liked it a lot. There were a lot of moments where you have to shut off your brains common sense about physics and how a transmission works, but if you do that it was a very enjoyable movie. If you take it too seriously though it won't be fun.

I liked the movie also. Scott Eastwood gave me a sense of Paul Walker thanks to his car selection. He drives Subarus for the rest of the movie and that reminds me of Paul.

The use of reverse gears in this movie pissed me off.
I actually liked it a lot. There were a lot of moments where you have to shut off your brains common sense about physics and how a transmission works, but if you do that it was a very enjoyable movie. If you take it too seriously though it won't be fun.

Why? If you watch the video on it, it actually explain a legit reason which for FF is quite amazing. I'd think more people would be pissed off with the remote control full size zombie cars, being controlled by a kindle/ipad

Anyways the way they set up the car to go in reverse like that and full speed is actually real, can be done, it's not fake or nearly as tricked as a regal t-type in the guise of a GN with the body flipped around

Watched the movie as well last week with my nephew and brother, I gotta say it, it was good, but the three all were agreed it was just too much "action" going on :lol:. Wasn't expecting another villain-to-hero twist (Good check of the movie), 2by1 now, specially with such a villains like the Shaw brothers. And I didn't know you could survive falling of a plane on B1 and close to the ground :confused:...

Anyway, Charlize wasn't bad either, but come on girl, Aeon Flux is still your best role and that's 2005 stuff (and you looked hotter with Aeon's haircut as well)! :embarrassed:. The new guy (Scott Eastwood), he was good too for being his movie debut (at least for me), he will never replace Brian/Paul obviously, but he proved to be a nice option to fill Brian's spot! He got even good car choices as well, the white Ice racer WRX was one of the hottest cars of the movie, same for the BRZ, but he has to understand there's more JDM brands as well, not only Subaru lol. Badly, another character will run forever free now... enough said.

And for the scenes, my favorite of all has to be the beggining scene at Cuba, since it still shows the multicultural love the movie has, and this time it's historical since it's an american feature film being made in the actual island in over half a century (AFAIK since Bad Boys II was made at Puerto Rico and not on Cuba as shown on the movie, and the Top gear USA's episode can count too, but come on, which one will be more viewed lol), and my more cringeworthy one has to be the new york car hacking, because didn't know a huge number of cars (including crown vics and some 03-07 cars) had auto pilot :lol:. Anyway, in the overall, the movie was a great starting point for some actors, and the plot-twists made it interesting as well, if Owen Shaw survived falling from a B1 running plane, wonder if this means Gal Gadot could return after her Wonder Woman contract ends since there will be more FF movies, even if Han's dead, unprobbably, but who knows, needless to say how the cars were because that's always an awesome check, even if cars aren't the main point of the movie anymore ;), but again, "action" was just too much. :lol:

Result: 6.5/10
IGN

Last edited:
Why? If you watch the video on it, it actually explain a legit reason which for FF is quite amazing. I'd think more people would be pissed off with the remote control full size zombie cars, being controlled by a kindle/ipad

Anyways the way they set up the car to go in reverse like that and full speed is actually real, can be done, it's not fake or nearly as tricked as a regal t-type in the guise of a GN with the body flipped around
probably should make this clearer, i meant that everytime a reverse gear is used, somehow they think it's effective to also use NOS to help them go reverse faster.

I liked the movie also. Scott Eastwood gave me a sense of Paul Walker thanks to his car selection. He drives Subarus for the rest of the movie and that reminds me of Paul.

what i like is that regardless of his car choice, he doesn't seem to be a Brian replacement.

by the way, Scott Eastwood also stars in a car heist movie "Overdrive", feels weird after seeing him in FF then watch him in other car related movie driving an M3 sedan :lol:

Which reminds me, the WRX in the film looks like the one we have in GT Sport. The WRX Gr.B.

Too bad the BRZ got wrecked quickly during their chase on Dom.

I can't keep up with this stuff.
FB_IMG_1493271961169.jpg

On a Furious 9 FB page:

#FASTFURIOUS9 NEWS!!!
Looks like Jordana Brewster is all set to return to the Fast & Furious series in Furious 9 as Mia. Tonight Vin Diesel posted a picture on instagram wishing Jordana a Happy Birthday along with the words "Excited for the return of Mia! All love."
Are you excited to have Mia back? I am sure we all are, who knows how this will fit in without Paul Walker but it will be wonderful to see the return of Jordana!
Happy Birthday Jordana.
Like / Share / Tag your friends :)

How can Mia return without involving Brian?
Babysitter? Fast forward 16years and he's running with the fam?
It was Mia and Dom before Brian ruined everyone's life. I mean, Jessie was done. Noone could have helped him and Vince was on a slippery slope any old way.

Mia wasn't that innocent to start with. She can handle the heat.

If we all pay the cost of ticket price, for no movie will they stop? Like it will net them the same amount of money, but they'll never have to make a movie of it. Then this stupid gutting of what was a once fun franchise will end.

Babysitter? Fast forward 16years and he's running with the fam?
It was Mia and Dom before Brian ruined everyone's life. I mean, Jessie was done. Noone could have helped him and Vince was on a slippery slope any old way.

Mia wasn't that innocent to start with. She can handle the heat.

Babysitter screams "cameo" more than an appearance. I don't mind at all having Mia back (was just having this discussion with someone) but I'm interested in how they will handle it.

Back