G-Force - Team Thread - Recruiting

• Thread starter Rickysl95
  • 358 comments
If you guys need anything recorded with a capture car djust let me know, DVC100 isnt the best quality but its not a camera ;)

Not been much drifting online tonight, just been sorting cars, some b-spec and posting on the forum!

Will Join yout tomorrow dan, anyone for a last hour's drifting tonight?

:) yeah i think im going to stick with controller for drifting now as its soo much easier, i should be able to get close to you guys if i take some power out to slow me down a bit. only thing i need is better Internet :(

True, how about I try hosting tomorrow? My Connection is mint so should be able to run highest voice and race quality with the 6 of us or whatever.

I haven't tried the controller yet and i really don't want to...

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :) what Internet speed's you running?

if you can use the wheel never go to control wheel gives you more control smoother drifts and can make you faster with more angle, know this from experience in forza :D

This thread is not a chat-room, none of the threads on GT Planet are chat rooms.

As such keep this on topic or find it locked for good and infractions handed out.

You want to talk about the weather, we have a weather thread (give the search tool a go), you want to chat about stuff in general then use the chat room tool, which you will see a link to at the top right of your page (with all your details, My GT Planet, etc).

Please be aware this is not a request, its an instruction. Off topic chat is not permitted in any thread.

A number of you also need to brush up on the AUP, good basic grammar is what you all agreed to use when you joined. That means using capital letters at the start of sentences, for nouns and single 'I's. It also means not using text-speak at all.

Please ensure all posts follow the AUP.

Scaff

This thread is not a chat-room, none of the threads on GT Planet are chat rooms.

As such keep this on topic or find it locked for good and infractions handed out.

You want to talk about the weather, we have a weather thread (give the search tool a go), you want to chat about stuff in general then use the chat room tool, which you will see a link to at the top right of your page (with all your details, My GT Planet, etc).

Please be aware this is not a request, its an instruction. Off topic chat is not permitted in any thread.

A number of you also need to brush up on the AUP, good basic grammar is what you all agreed to use when you joined. That means using capital letters at the start of sentences, for nouns and single 'I's. It also means not using text-speak at all.

Please ensure all posts follow the AUP.

Scaff

Maybe, I need to brush up on it as well.

wait so we cant even talk like a team in a team thread thats kinda what its for oh and as for the grammar there are people in this world with dyslexia and spelling problems and i happen to be one of them

Hi guys, would like to try out for the team:

PSN Name: balang_479
TimeZone: GMT
Do You Drift RWD: Of course, Lexus ISF speciality
Drift Skill Out Of 10: 7, im decent, getting pretty good at backwards entries

Hi guys. I'd like to tryout next time you guys are having tryouts. I got ricky on my PSN friends list from last week. Hope to see you on the track.

PSN Name: crazynutt
TimeZone: EST
Do You Drift RWD: I do. Working on 3 cars at the moment.
Drift Skill Out Of 10: I'd say around 4 or 5. Trying to work on my angle. Still learning. :)

This is a G-FORCE Thread!!!! This thread is really usefull for me and others because we can discuss things about the team, and if people aren't interested in the team then they won't look in this thread!! I really don't see the issue.

ANYWAY: My TVR i've set up scouting some beautiful pearlecent paint. I suggest this for a team theme if we're going for one.

ooops....
I thought we'd be able to chat about stuff, surely it is our thread?

This is a G-FORCE Thread!!!! This thread is really usefull for me and others because we can discuss things about the team, and if people aren't interested in the team then they won't look in this thread!! I really don't see the issue.

wait so we cant even talk like a team in a team thread thats kinda what its for oh and as for the grammar there are people in this world with dyslexia and spelling problems and i happen to be one of them

The thread (which is not 'yours' its the site owners, the person that pays for the server and bandwidth, etc) is public, and as such discussing the activity of your team is fine. What is not acceptable is general chats about the weather, school, etc.

Set up a group if you want to chat about anything or use the chat function (the location of which I have already pointed out), but do not do it in a public thread. Continue to do so and the thread will be locked (and any you replace it with will suffer the same fate) and action taken against those that ignore the AUP.

As for the grammar element of the AUP I would be very, very careful Rickysl95 about your claims.

Your posting style shows zero signs of dyslexia (traits do exist and you show none of them and be aware I have the ability to have this checked by someone who deals with this professionally). What is does show signs of is a desire to push back at the AUP.

I will make this clear, you all agreed to follow the AUP when you joined, its doesn't have options on it, you follow it all or you do not remain as members.

I will not be reminding you of this again, any further issues and I will lock this thread for good.

Scaff

Last edited:
can i just say the reason my spelling tends to be good in forums is because i have a google tool bar with a spell check but no grammar checker

also what is this group thing you mentioned?

can i just say the reason my spelling tends to be good in forums is because i have a google tool bar with a spell check but no grammar checker
Word to the wise. Dyslexia and spellcheckers don't get on, people with dyslexia tend to find them almost useless as they just present another list of jumbled letters. That aside I made no mention of your spelling and dyslexia does not always link to poor grammar.

I have quite clearly already laid out what is needed, Capital letters at the start of sentences, for nouns and single 'I's.

So your post should look like this...

Can I just say the reason my spelling tends to be good in forums is because I have a google tool bar with a spell check but no grammar checker

...see not a great deal to ask, but it does make a big difference.

also what is this group thing you mentioned?

Here you go

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php

Scaff

Ricky, your thread has been exterminated. I can't believe such a forum would ask people to use correct punctuation, grammar and spelling it's ridiculous. Not only that, but I didn't see it mentioned in the Terms of Service.

Unless I've went blind, which I'm clearly not, then since when has spelling, grammar & punctuation ever been a necessity on a public forum?

BkS
Ricky, your thread has been exterminated. I can't believe such a forum would ask people to use correct punctuation, grammar and spelling it's ridiculous. Not only that, but I didn't see it mentioned in the Terms of Service.

Unless I've went blind, which I'm clearly not, then since when has spelling, grammar & punctuation ever been a necessity on a public forum?

By using these forums, you agree to the following:

* You will post all messages in English.
* You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup

I'm doing yet another update and as you can imagine that takes some time with my connection. :(

Got like 20 minutes left i think haven't looked in a while.

Ricky, you said that the tryouts were held at 8 p.m. on Sundays for the most part right? 8 p.m. your time? If so what time zone you in?

Hello every one in the G-Force thread.

Oh... where do I regoginse you all form. By that I mean Ricky and Roors

Last edited by a moderator:
Back