G29 Settings Thread

• Thread starter Sisco360
  • 241 comments
So I picked up PC2 today on discount, mostly to have something to play when I don't like weekly tracks, but also to try G29 even there.
What a difference, oh boy, it's worse than I thought..

So I picked up PC2 today on discount, mostly to have something to play when I don't like weekly tracks, but also to try G29 even there.
What a difference, oh boy, it's worse than I thought..
You should try F1 2017, the FFB in that is quite a bit better than even PC2!

Hey guy's try left foot braking when using your G29 👍, and my wheel settings are 7/4/2.​

Last edited:
After 30 years of driving, I thought...

View attachment 743777

Driving with a wheel is a doddle. Driving on the limit, or even close to it most definitely isn't.:crazy:

If you've never used one before, I'd say the hardest part is the pedals. How much brake and accelerator to use and trying to modulate them for nice smooth lines. Your right foot will be writing a lot of cheques your steering inputs can't cash at the beginning so take your time and slowly build up your speed. As your muscle memory and confidence grows, so will your speed.

Watching my first Nordschleife lap, I noticed how I went from being quite timid on inputs in the 208 up to Karussel and then after that, the downhill section passed Hohe Acht was me leaning on the car, tipping it in, getting it to change attitude. It felt good whilst driving and really satisfying to see in the replay.

How do i test if ffb is working or not?

So far i haven't felt anything different.

Also what is that red circular button. What does it do?

Last edited:
How do i test if ffb is working or not?

So far i haven't felt anything different.

yea the FFB isn't very good in GT Sport if im being honest.. Try Project Cars 2 if you want to feel the wheel working.

The red wheel is for changing things like brake balance or fuel mixture. spin it to make the values go up or down.

use the up and down arrows on the left hand side of the wheel to select the function.. ie Brake Balance then use the red wheel to set your option.

I really have noticed the added FFB since 1.23 (at least I think its since then).

You can really feel the car slide out now, I cant speak for PC2 as I havent played it (still in its original wrapping at home lol) but F1 has much better FFB than GTS for the G29, hopefully F1 2018 will follow suit

Been using G29 for about a month now and I really like it compared to the Ps3 Driving Force and Cronus Max I was using before (btw, anyone want to buy a CronusMax? ;)).

I've seen varying opinions on switching out the rubber brake bumper for a graduated spring. Any of you done it? I don't really have a problem with it stock but I have found myself pushing the pedal holder back in my Playseat Challenge once or twice when trying to really slam on the brakes.

What about mapping the brake to the clutch pedal? I find that the brake and gas are really close to each other and if I'm not barefoot or wearing the right shoes I end up mashing the wrong pedal. I have no intention of using a shifter so has anyone remapped? How is it?

The red wheel is for changing things like brake balance or fuel mixture. spin it to make the values go up or down.

use the up and down arrows on the left hand side of the wheel to select the function.. ie Brake Balance then use the red wheel to set your option.

I would suggest remapping these functions as the red wheel can be finicky change during a race. Sometimes it doesn't want to change unless the steering wheel is pointing straight. It costs me a win once as I was doing a Race C and couldn't get the fuel map to change and ran out in the last corner. I've since changed the scroll function to R3 and the up/down buttons to change the value. Haven't had an issue since. You can change these options in the steering wheel options in game.

I wish the red circle worked properly. I had it remapped for a while but it's still more convenient to wait for a straight and use it imo.

I avoid using it during race conditions unless absolutely necessary.

I had reported in the Undocumented Changes thread that the dial was fixed. And it was. It used to never work anywhere with the wheel turned. After the update it did. Until I did the first FIA race, that is. It seems that they fixed it when not racing with others in Sport Mode. In time trial and FIA free practice it does indeed work even with the wheel turned but once in a race with others it doesn't work with the wheel turned.

Was sceptical about the 4/10 (torque/sensitivity) settings when I read it cause I liked the heavier feeling of the steering wheel but I wasn't familiar with this "clipping" thing. I changed it from 10/7 to 4/10 and...wow! It's so much better. I barely miss the heavier feeling but it feels a lot more precise.

Thank you, GT Planet Community :gtpflag:

Was sceptical about the 4/10 (torque/sensitivity) settings when I read it cause I liked the heavier feeling of the steering wheel but I wasn't familiar with this "clipping" thing. I changed it from 10/7 to 4/10 and...wow! It's so much better. I barely miss the heavier feeling but it feels a lot more precise.

Thank you, GT Planet Community :gtpflag:

I still can't feel the difference between 1 and 10 on the FFB Sensitivity. What am I supposed to be feeling for? The in-game description doesn't make a lot of sense, and people's assumptions of it are clearly totally wrong.

I can feel the weight shift better on 10 sensitivity but it could be down to the new physics emphasising it better. Either way, 3 (longer races) or 4 torque with 10 sensitivity works for me and feels good. My magic, instantly quicker settings quest is finally over. It's me that's slow, not the wheel.:lol:

One thing I wondered, does clipping happen on more powerful wheels? I know direct drive has way more power than you need but what about other consumer grade wheels?

I personally still don't know if I like the steering to be as heavy as it is. I hustle a Mercedes Sprinter box van just fine down country roads with barely a sense of weight in the steering. Force Feedback doesn't really feel natural to me at all.

Hey guy's try left foot braking when using your G29 👍, and my wheel settings are 7/4/2.​
It's alien to me that the left foot braking is a valid comment. I've never not used my left foot to brake on a sim. I do it often now in my actual cars too, It actually helped me!

VXR
I personally still don't know if I like the steering to be as heavy as it is.
What are you using for FFB max torque? Have you tried dialling it all the way down to 1?

I hustle a Mercedes Sprinter box van just fine down country roads with barely a sense of weight in the steering. Force Feedback doesn't really feel natural to me at all.
Yeah, I'm also puzzled why a lot of people seem to want it to be super-heavy. :confused:

I still can't feel the difference between 1 and 10 on the FFB Sensitivity. What am I supposed to be feeling for? The in-game description doesn't make a lot of sense, and people's assumptions of it are clearly totally wrong.
The kerbs and bumps in the road will feel different. You want to be able to clearly distinguish between different road conditions. If you crank it too high they all feel the same, too low and you feel nothing.

What are you using for FFB max torque? Have you tried dialling it all the way down to 1?

Yeah, I'm also puzzled why a lot of people seem to want it to be super-heavy. :confused:

Think I'm on 4. I'll try it more once my stand comes, as my current solution is too rickety to give a thorough appraisal of the wheel.

Back