Game screenshot translations and some misc. screenshots (cars and misc.)

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 479 comments
Great work on the translations.

Why not making a .pdf file with the screens, like a translated manual.

I'm expecting my GT4 by the second week of January (a friend will send it to me), but i don't think i'll have too much time to play with all the work i'll probably have.

:indiff:

http://z-o-g.org/imgs/gt4/tr/race-menu.jpg
so the only part adjustments you can make from this screen in arcade is the "quicktune" BS?

Looking at the regular tuning pages, I am disapointed. I didn't think they could make it WORSE from GT3...

once again, I see you have no data (such as tire temps) to base any tuning on... what are we supposed to adjust camber with, whatever looks good?

Is it true that the Chinese version contains more English than the Japanese version?

If so, anyone got any comparison shots between the two versions to proove this?

I'm wondering what the Family cup is, maybe a race on that track against a grid of AI using the same car as you, can 1twojay or Maskrider say what it is?

Greyout
Looking at the regular tuning pages, I am disapointed. I didn't think they could make it WORSE from GT3...

You're right... the best tuning screens so far are the GT1 ones. Detailed power/torque chart, excellent gear graph, stylish yet easy to read menu and background design... And you could adjust boost too (but in GT4 you can adjust N2O)!

Anyway, we have yet to see the screens where you set up your installed parts.

maskrider
I don't think 100% is needed, I think may be your credits but I'm not sure.
I had completed GT3 but my 6yr old son deleted it :ill:
I'm back up tp 82%, but I've lost interest with GT4 on its way. As over here we start with 10,000 credits the bonus will be 100,000.

live4speed
I'm wondering what the Family cup is, maybe a race on that track against a grid of AI using the same car as you, can 1twojay or Maskrider say what it is?

They might be the same as the Manufacturer Races in GT2?

Other than that, a few things that got me interested:

http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/gt4tr/car_select --> These favorites, are those cars you would like to buy later in the game?
http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/gt4tr/arcade_settings_penalty --> How do you get these penalties?

So if you want to set laptimes with your tuned/setup car you have to go into freerun in A-spec mode - you can't go into arcade?

Thats much better if free run is located in "sim" mode. I hate having to go to arcade every time I want to do a hotlap. With the free run in sim mode, you have your garage right there for you.

The Callaway Corvette is dead sexy? Yes she is. Isn't this "sex on wheels" as some GTPlanteteers said? If Callaway made a car based on the C6, it would have to look much better and more exotic than the C6. Another thing is that I didn't know was that Callaway was American. I thought they were British.

The menus in GT4 look more polished and more professional. You can still have some childish fun with this game, but this game (at least in terms of menus) look more polished and professional. You know, it's like a handsome young man in an Armani suit. More like a belle (a beautiful young woman) in a Vera Wang dress or having something of Carolina Herrera's. On presentation alone, this should be a nice package based on what we've seen so far.

John you have a very vivid mind :), I agree with your point, GT4 does seem a lot more tidy in presentation.

Just curious, but is this the picture of the 1990 NSX?
Image_used-pre-90-02.jpg

Thanks for your efforts in bringing us the translated menus, maskrider. They will come in very handy for future reference!

McLaren F1GTR
Thank you! Is it available right from the start? Or will I need to use my GT3 save, or earn more cash?

Right from the start in the Used cars for me, but I am not really sure the next time I start from scratch it will be there again as they seem to come and when I play more and more.

Just 1 more question. Are there any types of "handle" type spoilers? Ones like the Ferrari F40? Instead of ones where the spoiler's supports arte in the middle of the back?

McLaren F1GTR
Just 1 more question. Are there any types of "handle" type spoilers? Ones like the Ferrari F40? Instead of ones where the spoiler's supports arte in the middle of the back?

For my Evo8, there is no handle type spoiler.

Oh. Except for the stock one?

Oh well, I was hoping there'd be some. I know the RX-7 looks really good with a few spoilers like those.

McLaren F1GTR
Oh. Except for the stock one?

Oh well, I was hoping there'd be some. I know the RX-7 looks really good with a few spoilers like those.

Yes, except the stock one, the ones in GT Auto are all not handle type.

http://z-o-g.org/imgs/gt4/tr/parts-tune-weight.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, the ability to add a ballast weight, proper racer stuff, I recall from GT3 that when you apply all three weight reductions to the NSX, most of the weight felt as though it came from the front and it made the car understeer like a pig, now it can be reballasted for the effect of that weight reduction - what an awesome new toy! Go KY go KY! :D

maskrider: Can you see any difference in the weight of the car, when you add new wheels? I mean, are the alloy wheels lighter than the stock ones? After all the reality of alloy wheels are for lightweight, not asthetic reasons...

Back