Game screenshot translations and some misc. screenshots (cars and misc.)

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 479 comments
A controller question. When I change gear in GT3 I do it manually, R2 for up the gears and R1 for down. Is this still possible with GT4? my reason for asking is that it wasn't possible with GT4P.

Toyota 7 must be fast: 800 ps and weight could not be too much.

There isn't every car in car pictures, right? you must unlock them? Are those car pictures from GT mode or arcade mode?

People, let's not clog up this excellent thread with a lot of crap posts like some of the other threads have gotten. Maskrider has put in a huge amount of work for us, when he could have been playing GT4. I've removed a bunch of way-off-topic posts.

Maskrider, thank you for all your hard work, no matter what that lazy complainer Stinky Chicken whines about.

Thanks guys for your compliment.

26 more cars added to the used cars gallery, I had redone the early pictures and now ALL specs are pasted to the images for easy reference.

Maskrider - Is there any chance you could put all of the car images into one large Zip file for us to download, instead of having to view each one in turn and right click save as. I'm on a 56k conenction at the moment, and I'd like to view all the cars offline. If it's too much trouble don't worry about it.

robin2223
http://z-o-g.org/imgs/gt4/tr/courses-towns.jpg

You have to PAY even to practice or take a picture!!?? :confused:

If what JohnBM01 says about PD reading this site and others for ideas is even slightly true. Then I'm to blame for that one. I suggested that if you want to drive your car on one of the tracks, then you should pay. Just like you would do in real life :lol:

On another note, I wonder if this site gets a mention in the creadits??

Cheers

Jamie

Ah! Hooray! The Lotus Carlton finally surfaces! I have to wonder why they used a Carlton rather than an Omega, though - perhaps because it's RHD?

Excellent work, maskrider! Keep 'em coming.

Edit: Are you just really good at taking pictures of the cars in the same position, or do they not rotate anymore? I've never liked the constant rotation, and would prefer to control the rotation with the analog stick, but constant is better than none...

Heep
Ah! Hooray! The Lotus Carlton finally surfaces! I have to wonder why they used a Carlton rather than an Omega, though - perhaps because it's RHD?

Excellent work, maskrider! Keep 'em coming.

Edit: Are you just really good at taking pictures of the cars in the same position, or do they not rotate anymore? I've never liked the constant rotation, and would prefer to control the rotation with the analog stick, but constant is better than none...

Tried my best to take at the same position, but some moved a bit more some a bit less, ha ha!

AdrenalineSRX

Wheel of the day has some used ones from the available car manufacturers.

maskrider
Wheel of the day has some used ones from the available car manufacturers.

A-ha! So that's how they got certain OEM rims on different cars in some of the screenshots, like the Chevelle rims on that Suzuki.

*Crossing fingers that used steelies will show up* :D

Maskrider,

What is the Hot Car option on the manufacturers screen? Would you be able to look at the RUF hot car please and let me know. many thanks

If this has been talked about already please point me in the right direction.

Jay

Heep

QUOTE]Why do you want it to be the German name as opposed to the British one?

Hot car is just the new car lot. So, 2 RUFs:3400S and RGT.

Maskrider, how do you get the normal tires (N1, N2, N3)? I went to the parts shop and these three tires are unbuyable?

Maskrider, are there finally reverse lights? Or is laziness again of PD to not include something that actually is in real life?

I can't believe you have the cheek to call PD lazy after the time and effort thats been put into GT4. Do you have any idea how hard your worked in the games industry, especially dealing with a big product like Gran Turismo. If reverse lights are in sodding great, if not big deal, it's hardly high on the priority list.

Yeah, let's see...I played GT4 for 5 hours today and didn't notice if there were reverse lights or not. You know why? I NEVER PUT MY CAR IN REVERSE! I WAS RACING! Give me a break already. That's some insane nitpicking.

That's still laziness. I appreciate the work they did, but to leave out a simple deal that's in a car is still laziness. You may never use it, but its there. BTW, aren't there some license test that REQUIRE you to go backwards in them?

Its a simple deal. Its part of car. You rarely need to use the Handbrake, but its still there, right? Well, you'll rarely see a reverse light, but guess what? It's still there.

Only once, it's 10,000,000 for the Japanese version and 10,000 for other regions.

McLaren F1GTR
That's still laziness. I appreciate the work they did, but to leave out a simple deal that's in a car is still laziness. You may never use it, but its there. BTW, aren't there some license test that REQUIRE you to go backwards in them?

Its a simple deal. Its part of car. You rarely need to use the Handbrake, but its still there, right? Well, you'll rarely see a reverse light, but guess what? It's still there.
Actually in the rally events the handbrake can become very useful, I don't see any need whatsoever for time to be spent on reverse lights though, sure if one of the teams had some free hours to do it fine but if that times not free I'd much rather them do other things instead.

live4speed
Actually in the rally events the handbrake can become very useful, I don't see any need whatsoever for time to be spent on reverse lights though, sure if one of the teams had some free hours to do it fine but if that times not free I'd much rather them do other things instead.

Ok, yeah, but aren't reverse lights part of a real car?
Exactly. Yeah, they may not much use at all in GT4, but hey, who said there aren't already things in GT4 don't have much use anyways?

Were just going to have to agree to dissagree on this one mate :). I don't see it as being of any importance for them to be in GT4.

Yes. I guess PD really didn't see the need of putting the lights in, although it would add just a smidge of realsim. Oh well, at least they've always had the main idea of reversing.

Oh well,m I guess its just like there's no flashers or turn signals. You'll really never need them nor see them.

One thing I would like is realtime lighting from your headlights, add that to being able to race the ring at night and youve got driving nirvana.

8400RPM Hot car is just the new car lot. So, 2 RUFs:3400S and RGT.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought there might have been a nice surprise like an RUF LM racing car or something.

Cheers
Jay

I wonder why they stuck with the 3400S and didn't use the 3600S.

Back