Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
I dont know if you guys have heard but there is a V8Supercar mod being worked on for this game:

SRA_HOLDING%20COMMANDO.jpg

SRA_NINJA%20ATTITUDE.jpg

Here is a link to the article:
http://thesimpit.com/en/news/comments/V8-Supercars-coming-to-Stock-Car-Extreme-in-5-Flavors

They are also running a crowd-funding page on indiegogo which they have already achieved:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ozv8-supercars-for-gsc-extreme

So, I've had a go at this today.

TBH, I'm annoyed by the physics. I've only tried Formula Reiza and Formula V12, but once you hit 200km/h, the car just refuses to turn and you're left for dead in the high speed corners.

DK
So, I've had a go at this today.

TBH, I'm annoyed by the physics. I've only tried Formula Reiza and Formula V12, but once you hit 200km/h, the car just refuses to turn and you're left for dead in the high speed corners.

I agree...

Is it really that bad? I was tempted to buy GCSE because I heard good things about it. Geuss I'm sticking with GTR2.

It turns out I had the steering lock set too low. @TheKitten, try maxing out steering lock but make sure you set brake bias forwards.

For those having issues with the 'handling', give this a try:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-steering-wheel-for-stock-car-extreme.100889/

Direct from Reiza on how to set up your wheel in-game & in your profiler, and how to do so per chosen car (street cars vs. formula cars, for example.)

If it feels wrong, as long you set it up correctly, it most likely isn't, you just need to adjust to the game, I've played around with iRacing - and it, Assetto Corsa & rFactor aren't all that different imo (especially with rF depending how you look at it), different brand of pizza - but still pizza, if that analogy makes sense for ya'. Take a break for a few days, then come back, you might find you like it after a refresh.

And if you still aren't all that pleased with it, know that the Formula V12 is one of the hardest cars in all of sim-racing to drive atm, I struggle with it, even 'aliens' admit its difficult, but it might also be worth giving other cars (like the Formula Vee) a try, as well as trying the following setup.

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/06/20/the-perfect-r3e-baseline-setup-is-here/
(read the bottom line, it'll work for gMotor based games too)

Then on the GSCE news-front, Reiza Studios will be opening a crowd-funding campaign tomorrow, revealed in a interview with RaceDepartment at the link below:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/interview-reiza-studios-unveils-its-crowdfunding-plans.107722/

@Terronium-12 - Perhaps this is worth a mention in the Community Spotlight ?, there's a brief mention of their 'Senna Project', along with continuing support of GSCE & Formula Truck, as well with confirming the rights to the ISI Motor source code, which with the sim-community's support, paints a bright future for Reiza Studios. 👍

I'm all for this news to be put on the main page. Reiza is a top notch developer that deserves all the support they can get. We need more people like them in this business 👍

Link to funding page with all other info and perks:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/story

Some of the contents they are planning include V8 Supercars (+ Ute look alike), F1 V10, Rallycross and Trophy Trucks :drool: shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Last edited:
I sorted out my problems by decreasing the speed sensitivity from 100% to 50% (0% felt a bit too twitchy). The game feels almost infinitely better now.

Reiza Studios have posted an update to their Indiegogo page, announcing the confirmation of the following content additions for (Game) Stock Car Extreme.

SuperV8 (for GSCE)

Mitsubishi Lancer Cup (for GSCE)

Montreal modern (for GSCE & FTruck)

Velo Cittá (for GSCE & FTruck)

This coming after funding reached 36% in 9 days. 👍

More video 'updates' from Reiza Studios, which can be found here on Indiegogo as well.

'SuperV8' in-action:

Formula V10 sound-teaser:

And according to Reiza Studios themselves over at Racedepartment, a fundraising total of $50K should see it confirmed for a future release, and we're already at $43K 👍

That V10 sounds amazing :drool: They are the best F1 cars in my opinion (even if the racing was mostly processional).

The funding is currently sitting at 56% with 9 days to go. I'm hoping it will reach 100% (I want those Trophy Trucks badly), but it doesn't look like it at the moment :(

Funding has gone up quite a bit over the last few days :D It's 81% currently with 4 days left. Keep pushing my fellow sim brothers :D :gtpflag:

Also Reiza's latest update:

Update 8 - Final week round-up!
Thanks to all the backers who have already contributed, the funding level so far allowed us to confirm several new developments to our sims.
With a few more days to go, there is still time for an extra push!
What is CONFIRMED with funding level achieved so far:
Cars:
SuperV8: [I cut out the video to save bandwith lol]
Lancer Cup: :drool::drool:
jx5fzahuxmjkxg6fotia.png

Lancer Evo Rallycross

Tracks:
Montreal Modern;
pvjrdbgdctsuzpbijrjn.png

Velo Cittá:
liyrb1zbb14hhmhboxwt.png

Foz dirt track:
weh4sfrtwvpjkhwbdttz.png

Features / Improvements: Support for long distance races; Automatic steering ratio adjustment + Increased maximum controller inputs from 3 to 6; various fixes to existing issues & minor improvements to physics, AI, rules.

V1.37 beta (including Modern Montreal & SuperV8) is being uploaded as we speak and will be made available to backers from level 2 upwards shortly. The devforum is also being set up for all backers - information regarding both will be submitted to backers´ emails shortly.

The official rooms for public multiplayer racing are also live now, and are the base for the structure we intend to develop - more info about it here.

The above thus is what is already CONFIRMED as upcoming additions.
Below is the cumulative breakdown of what can still be added to this list, according to the funding level achieved when the campaign wraps up:

if we hit 70%: (REACHED)
Cars:
Formula V10, Supertrucks; :bowdown:
Tracks: Additional & longer Foz layouts, Supertruck layouts for existing tracks;
Features / Improvements: New UI & HUD system, drivetrain physics development to demand more realistic gear-shifting;

if we hit 80%: (REACHED)
Cars:
Copa Montana, Renault Fluence (Marcas);
Tracks: Interlagos update to 2015 version;
Features / Improvements: VR support (including Rift DK2); tire damage & dirt pickup; dynamic track conditions (rubber build up on the racing line & marbles offline based on vehicle interaction);

If we hit 90%:
Bonus car & track
(as chosen via voting by backers)
Features / Improvements: Custom offline championship tool; art pass + additional shader development to boost graphics;

If we hit 100%:
Cars:
Honda Civic (Marcas), New Formula 3 Brasil models;
Tracks: Extra layouts to existing tracks;
Features / Improvements: To be confirmed.
Keep in mind the breakdown above is an estimation, rather than a plan set in stone - it will remain subject to tweaks according to further feedback from backers and other circumstances.
Also important to remember that all backers from Level 2 & upwards will receive early beta access to these developments before they are included in the official releases.

Not only have they reached their target, they are now at 112% with over a day left :eek: So happy for the Reiza guys, their hardwork and dedication have finally payed off. Truly well deserved 👍

Fingers crossed we get some extra goodies from the extra funding :D

EDIT: Despite the official crowdfunding ending, you can still contribute. They have this "in demand" feature thingy. They are over $100k now :bowdown:

Last edited:
Simply Incredible 👍, shows that years of free support & improvements, as well as true interaction with the fanbase, ultimately pays dividends.

Now if only PD would wake-up, or SMS/WMD swallow their pride :sly:

I just had the most fun race online in awhile. Marcas cars around Interlagos, against Bruno Senna of all people and 4 other very fast guys, nose to tail the whole race with lots of respect given and minimal contact.. I was running 3rd and ran out of gas (not enough :( ) Man that was fun!

How different is GSCE from rF as demanding hardware from the computer? I know physics wise is said to be two different ball games.

How different is GSCE from rF as demanding hardware from the computer? I know physics wise is said to be two different ball games.

I have a dinosaur laptop from 2008 running Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce 9300M (512 MB) and I can run GSCE smoothly on low graphics. Races can get a bit laggy though. rFactor on low settings even when playing solo can get laggy on some high quality mod tracks, so I'd say if you can run rF you can run GSCE no problem 👍

Back