Gen 5 Dodge Viper

• Thread starter Chikane_GTR
  • 1,519 comments
:( I always loved the Viper from the first time I laid eyes on the radical looking & raw RT/10, and even more when I rode in it as a kid. It was a true contemporary 'exotic muscle car' that was crude, stripped down and would beat the **** out of you and show no mercy. My favorite was the gen 2 GTS (blue with white stripes).

I absolutely love the gen 5's as they resurrected the gen 2 look, refined the car yet still kick ass on the track. Viper will always have a place in my heart.

Last edited:
Sad to here :( and with this my interest in cars has died as well :(

Guess you did get the last laugh corvette fans
:crazy:

Last edited:
I think the ACR may get the last laugh before the Corvette boys wave it goodbye.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...s-undisputed-track-record-king-300171797.html
  • Ultimate street-legal race car sets new high-performance benchmark with more track records than any production car in the world
  • Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) has certified lap records at 13 road courses, including world-famous Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta and Virginia International Raceway
  • With 645 horsepower and more torque than any naturally aspirated engine in a production car, the ACR is purpose built for weekend club racers who want the most extreme, but street-legal, track car available
  • Significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades, new Carbon Ceramic brakes with six-piston calipers from Brembo and high-performance Kumho tires, specifically designed for the new 2016 ACR, set this Viper apart on any road course
"The result: Pobst ran the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR at Laguna to a new track record of 1:28:65. That record-setting time is 5.27 seconds faster than the previous-generation ACR's track record at Laguna and 1.24 seconds faster than his previous Laguna track record in the Porsche 918 Spyder (1:28:65 vs 1:29.89). That's the equivalent of 11 car lengths after just one lap at Laguna Seca."

ACR Laguna, VIR, Chelsea, Road ATL & Willow record runs

fem78x.gif

Last edited:
That Grattan lap was incredible. Flying up the hill like that had my buttcheeks clenched a bit. Man, what I'd have given to know they were up here doing that a few weeks ago.

Can't look down on an ad with undertray shots. The front view there made the headlights look pretty good too. I'm hoping the ACR might spark sales and at least keep production going a little longer. We'll see.

Saw of few of these up close yesterday while at the Bondurant driving school. They've started to make their switch from Chevrolet products to Chrysler products which will be completed by February 1st. Hellcat's everywhere. One interesting tid-bit I learned about why they are making the switch: right now they get discounts on the Chevy stuff, but Chrysler is giving them the cars they need for FREE.

Saw of few of these up close yesterday while at the Bondurant driving school. They've started to make their switch from Chevrolet products to Chrysler products which will be completed by February 1st. Hellcat's everywhere. One interesting tid-bit I learned about why they are making the switch: right now they get discounts on the Chevy stuff, but Chrysler is giving them the cars they need for FREE.

Well, its foolish not to accept an offer that good :lol:

Unsurprising outcome was unsurprising. This thing is a beast. I don't care how bad it is on the street, I need one.

Here's an idea for the Dodge/SRT brass; screw the Hellcat, how about an ACR Challenger? With, you know, the basic recipe the Viper has (wide sticky rubber, actual downforce, lighter materials and whatnot) to actually take the fight against the Z28 and GT350R.

They did build a Challenger ACR concept some years back for SEMA that had a massive suspenion overhaul with a stripped out interior. I think car served more of a purpose for Mopar's parts catalog than something Dodge actually considered building.

The Corvette on a Track:
B-and-J-Half-Baked-840x840.jpg

Its sad that they said every Z06 they tested something just was wrong with the car. never heard anyone say that a corvette is controllable only in a strait line until this video lol

The ACR is insane. Wish the Z06 had a track focused version (lighter, stripped down, maybe even N/A, more efficient aero w/ less drag [the rear spoiler on the Z07 acts like a permanent airbrake]) instead of the wasted Z06.R edition "sticker package". That being said I had no doubt the ACR would beat the Z06 as its an out of the box track weapon with a huge GT3 wing and aero bits, but still gotta give the Z props, it beat the Porsche GT3RS and Viper TA (the Z06 equivalent) at Laguna.

All in all the ACR is incredible, absolutely love it. Makes me even more sad to see the Viper go.

Last edited:
Back