General Drifting Chat {Today's topic: Your most wanted Premuim car/track for DLC}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Powellx235
  • 419 comments
  • 22,511 views
Hahaha its good that he adds some amusement but keep talking about the subject.

Im online if anyone wants to join.... then join xD.
 
Haha!
But seriously, stay on topic or this thread will actually get locked.
I'll try and come up with a better topic ASAP.

I reckon everyone should post a picture of their favorite helmet design. Not GT5 related but it will fill a boredom hole and we get to see lots of cool helmets.
 
Duman079
Hahaha its good that he adds some amusement but keep talking about the subject.

Im online if anyone wants to join.... then join xD.

Yeah, Google must be exhausted because of Deenie. :lol:

Sorry Mate, I'm in Bed. Tomorrow maybe. I could end up in Hospital though haha.

DriifterzZ
I reckon everyone should post a picture of their favorite helmet design. Not GT5 related but it will fill a boredom hole and we get to see lots of cool helmets.

But it has nothing to do with Drifting though, thats why I created this Thread.
 
I doubt it will get locked because mods don't really look on here and if they do we'll do a virtual riot. I must warn you I get nasty in a riot as seen below in Manchester.



:lol:
 
I'll be on in about half an hour. You up for madrid tandem practice?
 
If I can stay awake lol.
 
I'll be on in about half an hour. You up for madrid tandem practice?

It's 1am man ^^ I'm just surfing a bit but I'm about to go to bed sry.
 
Im still here but You don't see Me trying to get away haha.
 
can people add me?
I need drifting friends...
 
Sure go ahead and add me.
 
Any one online now, wanna meet up
 
yo hey guys hows the teams going?
 
Burst is good, active and doing well in VDC :)
 
Random drift question , RB26 or 2JZ ?
 
RB26 for me! Sticking with Nissan's till I die.
 
2JZ for me , best sound EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
 
2jz here, cant beat toyota's reliability!

Edit: Thanks, thats the new topic.
 
2JZ obbbbviously.
 
I wanted to go so bad but had to go to my parents friends wedding :( , defo going next year :D
 
looks like i'll go for 2012.. definately looks awesome.. switch the oddie to RWD and go drifting haha..
 
Id love to aim to own drift car in 2012 , its possible but it would be trailored everywhere as insurance is stupidly expensive :(
 
yeah your a bit young lol.. What am I saying so am I! Just go FWD drifting in the golf!
 
drop an Rb26 in it
 
Nahh ls1 v8 ;) , finally found the carb on the golf and i have also found you can upgrade it to a twin carb unit :)
 
The reason i dont like the v8's is because their overkill! You see them everywhere in drifting. It takes the skill out of drifting in real life. All you have to do id press the throttle and coultersteer.
You know the way when you hear the purr of a 6 cylinder engine going by, you allways think "i wish i could have that".
You listen to mad mikes 4-rotor and you think "thats my dream, to own mad mikes 4-rotor rx7.
With v8's, you ruin the essence out of drifting. Lets say you have a nissan silvia, and an sr20 in it. People like power, you then you think "how will i get 600hp out of a 4-cylinder? I'll just drop a V8 in it and that will solve all my problems"
Look at formula drift now. You look at it and the amount of v8's in it would make you sick. When you think of v8's you think "grr, ive the biggest engine so if i put my foot down i'll win."

Drifting is supposed to be an art. look at saito's chaser, and you just cant tell me you dont want that.
You look at tyler mquarrie's v8 350z, and you tell me you dont want that. And you can.
Ive seen videos of japan against america at drifting. Kazama was against (i forget his name, the guy that used to have a pontiac gto and does pikes peak).
The were given a stock 160hp mazda mx5.
Kazama did a little flick, and went sideways around every corner with god angle.
The other guy, (forget his name), got in the car, brought it out on the track, went into the corner and couldnt get it around. When he came back to the pits, they asked him what was wrong. You know what his answer was? " theres not enough power to get it sideways. He obviously had less skill.

It just showed why he had less skill. It was because he had a big v8 to do the work for him.
I dont like v8's. And actually some of you guys know of DMAC and dean karney, (drives the vleds viper), i was talking to them, and i asked why does everybody put big v8's in their car? The both answered similarly, "because their an ease to drive".
Then i asked dmac why he put a v8 in his saturn sky. His reply was "cause if i didnt i wouldnt stand a chance."
 
I agree that the V8 take over ruins it and the 'if I didn't have a V8 I wouldn't stand a chance' comment is so true as I was watching FD livestream the other week and the guy using an Sr20'd S13 was pitied by the commentator because he knew he was fcuked.
On the other hand, 3 best sounding engines are 3-4 rotor, V8 and supercharged V6 in that order.
This is why I love V8's, the pure terror you can unleash on the elderly.

 
Back