General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
Haven't really contributed much to this thread apart from fighting game news but I found something that is very relevant: Mastercup 8

Official Kombat Pack 2 gameplay trailer

And interestingly enough, a "Apocalypse" skin pack can be seen.

Last edited:
I learned of a past PC fighting game a few nights ago. While most PC fighting game types know of and love "One Must Fall! 2097" best, I learned of a different game called "Pray for Death." "Pray for Death" seems to try to merge Mortal Kombat with Killer Instinct. Only thing is that this game doesn't let you deliver unrealistic combos like in Killer Instinct. Really, it's more along the lines of Mortal Kombat than Killer Instinct. Look it up online.

In my recent tournament, I placed 5th. I lost to mainly lost to a Liu Kang and a Jax player...I am not really salty bout it but I have some good fights with the tourney winner.

Havent played the SfV betas but preordered the collectors edition of sfv how is the game comming along. Also does anyone play ufc games a new one is out soon

I wonder if there is a PS4 package with SFV and the stick.

If there ends up being a bundle, I imagine that stick is likely gonna come from madcatz looking how much they are pushing theirs (even having one of their people commentatinf at Mastercup 8).

nope, that will not happen,.. sony has no official sony sticks,..

I wouldn't rule that out yet:

upload_2016-2-10_11-6-42.png

I'm not saying that is it, I'm just saying that there is still a chance a SFV PS4 bundle with stick could happen seeing how much SFV is being advertised as well as how hard Madcatz have been pushing their fight sticks.

sony does not have products from other companies in their ps4 sets, so thats not gonna happen,...-..
a madcatz product is not coming in a sony box.

retailers can combine them if they want, but as long as i remember, sony does not include other brands in their sets.

i am glad sf5 will support ps3 sticks,... its ridiculous how much madcatz is asking for their sticks this time around,...

Earlier tonight, I bought and downloaded the PC fighting game engine called EF-12. Those of you familiar with MUGEN (not the MUGEN associated with Honda) may find some familiarity with EF-12 because it is a fully customizable fighting game engine. Some even think of it as the 3D successor to MUGEN. From what I played, it's pretty cool. The fighting style is very like Virtua Fighter but with the pace of Tekken. Anyone looking to make 3D models and rig them and program them to make fighters for this game, you should be suited quite well.

EF-12 is pretty cool from what I've been able to play.

sony does not have products from other companies in their ps4 sets, so thats not gonna happen,...-..
a madcatz product is not coming in a sony box.

retailers can combine them if they want, but as long as i remember, sony does not include other brands in their sets.

Not so sure about that. There is both a Star Wars Battlefront Bundle and Uncharted bundle, both of which included a non-Sony made dock for the DS4.

upload_2016-2-11_13-1-45.png

upload_2016-2-11_13-4-23.png

Managed to see these at multiple retailers (Kmart, QVC, Amazon etc) so that doesn't appear to be retailer specific.

Another example: Batman Arkham Knight/ Last Of Us "Super Bundle"

upload_2016-2-11_13-13-39.png

Featuring again, some non-Sony branded hardware.

The one thing I still can't freaking believe is that this series has lasted so long and with this many sequels. Heck, this makes even MegaMan/RockMan (which I am a HUGE fan of) look jaded as far as sequels are concerned. The action here looks great. It's pretty much SNK telling Capcom, "hey, Street Fighter... we ain't done yet! We ain't dead!" It looks great.

Random fun fact about me: to my knowledge, I've NEVER played any of the King of Fighters games, but I almost wanted to get one of the KOF games for the PlayStation 2. My only real SNK fighter experience is with the SNES version of "Fatal Fury" and arcade experience with "The Last Blade." So if I had a PS4 and played KOF XIV, it would be my first KOF game.

Back