General Photomode thread!

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 2,622 comments
How do you take a picture in a replay with multiple cars? I can set it to the photo-replay mode, but from there, I don't know how to make more cars appear on the track besides mine.

bedheadben
How do you take a picture in a replay with multiple cars? I can set it to the photo-replay mode, but from there, I don't know how to make more cars appear on the track besides mine.
Just save any replay, and when you go and play it again it will be just like photomode on single player.

Cool, but I have also found it difficult to time my pushing of the SELECT button exactly where I want it. When you save the replay and are viewing it, can you pause it, rewind, play slow mode, skip to the next frame, etc.?

Well you can just slow down with the group of AI if you want the race for looks and not to win. 'S too bad the AI is so slow.

no, but i mean, I want to get a pic of my DeLorean backfiring while cornering, and I can get it to backfire, but I can't time the pushing of the SELECT button perfectly enough to catch it. So can anyone awnser the question I asked in the post that is the second one above this one?

Oh. That just takes practice. Even if you can't see the rear when you approach a corner. Just keep pressing select and looking at an angle showing the back untill you see the backfire.

You could press the SELECT button 10 times before even entering the apex of the corner. So press it less then a second after pressing select again to disengage photomode. If that made any sense.

Does anyone look at this thread?

Testing the Drag Trueno.

At the track, ready to go.

Leaping off the line!

Say goodbye!

Did i win?

You're damn right i did!

Best time of the day! (lol, im such a cheater!)

Resting between races.

speedy_2
I do. :) Nice pics. 👍 You may want to brighten them up a little.

Yeah, its definitely good advice, im just soo lazy!!!
(i posted them at like 5 in the morning or something!)
Thank you very much though!

My next ones i will brighten.

Just wanted to show off some of my best photo travel stuff.

RX-7parked.jpg

Integra.jpg

GinettaG4.jpg

EspritV8GTrear.jpg

GalantTurboVR-4.jpg

This last shot of the Galant gets me every time, I just love it for some reason!

-General

I like them a lot also, I always enjoy setting up the shot to take in the environment as well as the car. This makes me want to get back into photomode till Nov. :D
Btw, your avatar is killer, that MR2 looks awesome ripping down the tarmac!

-G

The wrx, the galant and the cougar shots are my top 3.

I too like the lights and just the modeling in general on the galant. In real life they are pretty nice too. The blur and sense of speed and action are nice in the wrx shot and you dont loos too much detail. The composition in the cougar shot is very nice but it could use a little more blur like you're getting in the wrx shot. Just manual focus on the front of the cougar and drop that aperture/f stop and/or lower the shutter speed on that bad boy.

Since its an old car you could also start messing with some color filters a little maybe.

In the other shots, be careful not to take the same type of shot (at least in the same update). Like the FD and the DC2 integra - its the same composition and orientation but a different scene. Try to mix it up a little.

A good tid bit of advice that i like to give people. When looking at your replays for pictures, if youre running your car solo (and even when youre not) watch them in "drive" view (or whatever its called). The perspectives seen there can be pretty unique and it can sometimes give you shots without you having to make them up all of the time.

Good work

I like them a lot also, I always enjoy setting up the shot to take in the environment as well as the car. This makes me want to get back into photomode till Nov. :D
Btw, your avatar is killer, that MR2 looks awesome ripping down the tarmac!

-G

Ya photomode is fun just because there are endless possibilities in what you can do, car and background wise.

Thanks! i really like the MR2 in GT4 because it goes really low lol. The wheels arent super sunk or anything either, like some of the other gt4 cars.

If my shot doesn't pop up or there is something wrong with it (not the the picture but size, or something like that) please don't growl, I'm new to the site and if I stuff up can someone tell me how to please, any way, this is my shot

In order to post up a picture, you need to upload it to a image hosting site. If you want to post a picture like the Photo competitions, then you need to save two, one full size and another "Preview" like picture that is 400x300 (400 by the longest side).

In order to do that, see here for instructions Hope this helps.

Latest Posts

Back