Pros: Reduced lift off/power oversteer

Cons: Reduced lift off/power oversteer

Rear toe out (- Slider to the left)

Pros: increased lift off/power oversteer

Cons: increased lift off/power oversteer
:confused: :drool: Shouldn't these criss-cross somehow? :sly:

:confused: :drool: Shouldn't these criss-cross somehow? :sly:
Criss-Cross how?

The effects can be both positive and negative depending on what you are trying to do, I haven't gone into too much detail so as not to overcomplicate things.

Firstly. Apologies for sticking my big nose in earlier. Clear the air time...

I read this thread to try and learn something new and I misunderstood your post. You see, an observation to me would be something like...

So I asked you two questions. Did I not?

Thank you for answering them so well.

Not exactly helpful but fair enough. And the other?...

Ah, now I see what you mean. And yeah, that actually sounds about right.

Thanks for your analysis, by the "likes" you received in your post it's quite curious that some people prefer an analysis of behaviour from others than useful data, which is the important thing here.
I'm pretty sure you won't agree with me, but that's not friendship, that's group dynamics.

Thanks for your analysis, by the "likes" you received in your post it's quite curious that some people prefer an analysis of behaviour from others than useful data, which is the important thing here.
I'm pretty sure you won't agree with me, but that's not friendship, that's group dynamics.

We all want useful data and accurate theory. However most of us also want RESPECTFUL and CONSTRUCTIVE conversations. I have held back until now and not commented before as it appeared that the tone of the conversation was improving, but based on this last response maybe that's not the case.

While your points are valid, and your data is valuable and appreciated, your interpersonal skills (at least what we have seen here) in my opinion leave much to be desired. I am sure that you could have found a more helpful and less confrontational way to present your points. I was also quite offended by your initial post, and this isn't even my thread.

Just something to think about.........

Ok guys, this is not the place to argue on whether someone is offended by the way someone else stated something, how about we all be gentalmen and walk away from this before it blows up.

Hi back again !! I am struggling with a set up for a Civic type R (ek) touring car, 259bhp,900kg, 450pp, race hard horrible thing under steers and is generally unresponsive to adjustments I am doing.
Sorry to be cheeky but do you have one for a Tuscan t/car 355bhp,race hard,1000kg.

Hi back again !! I am struggling with a set up for a Civic type R (ek) touring car, 259bhp,900kg, 450pp, race hard horrible thing under steers and is generally unresponsive to adjustments I am doing.
Sorry to be cheeky but do you have one for a Tuscan t/car 355bhp,race hard,1000kg.
I will give them a look when I get a chance 👍

Funny thing happens on my 24 minutes of Sarthe with race softs on the pug fap 2010.

I kept spinning out till i set the springs all high and all soft, dampers 1 and 1 bound and 2 and 2 rebound. Lsd 14 18 20. To and camber zero.

Manual on gt force wheel.

I pulled a 3.30 lap on that setup.

Short shifting out of corners since i had all aids off.

There is room for improvement if you care to find it .. ;)

Ah .. gear box set to 255 mph.

Took me many hours to tune and win.

Just thought I'd let you know, I've started testing the Suspension Emulator, tried it with your Focus and my Clio, both worked well on a Honda Civic '97, there's still a lot of work to do, I'd like it to emulate the different volume/weight of cars and also have a function that will retune the suspension springs according to the tires you choose. As for dampers ARB, and camber that will wait until I have tested them and recorded their changes according to weight. Spent about 14 hours so far, a few of them were for correcting my mistakes, and a big amount were for entering the car data, I've entered your three cars + a few from @Ridox2JZGTE, + few that I've tried and liked. Have you retried your stratos:scared:, if my memory is not deficient :dopey: I think it was pretty good, one of those difficult cars might be good to put to the test. Only have 18 more formulas to hatch and a long "if" formula (+ a ratio tire to tire chart) for the tire compensation, and you'll be able to test it yourself, your still insured right :lol: ? :cheers:

Just thought I'd let you know, I've started testing the Suspension Emulator, tried it with your Focus and my Clio, both worked well on a Honda Civic '97, there's still a lot of work to do, I'd like it to emulate the different volume/weight of cars and also have a function that will retune the suspension springs according to the tires you choose. As for dampers ARB, and camber that will wait until I have tested them and recorded their changes according to weight. Spent about 14 hours so far, a few of them were for correcting my mistakes, and a big amount were for entering the car data, I've entered your three cars + a few from @Ridox2JZGTE, + few that I've tried and liked. Have you retried your stratos:scared:, if my memory is not deficient :dopey: I think it was pretty good, one of those difficult cars might be good to put to the test. Only have 18 more formulas to hatch and a long "if" formula (+ a ratio tire to tire chart) for the tire compensation, and you'll be able to test it yourself, your still insured right :lol: ? :cheers:
Ahh the Stratotractor! The car that grew me a mustache :lol:
I haven't taken her for a spin in a while, might have to blow the cobwebs out. She's not running any camber or odd settings so she might still work fine, the only minor concern would be the rear weight distribution as those effects changed with 1.09, probably fine though.
I retuned the Elise very slightly just after I posted it, I accidentally put my "experimental" settings up and the car was slightly faster but more of a handful. With the updated settings shes an absolute pussycat, definitely my best MR.

I've heard of this idea being mentioned before but I've never seen it put into action so i'll be interested in seeing the results. The one thing you might want to look into is PD "specials", there's a few cars that have hidden values that make them comparatively much faster than their PP/Spec would suggest. 👍

Ahh the Stratotractor! The car that grew me a mustache :lol:
I haven't taken her for a spin in a while, might have to blow the cobwebs out. She's not running any camber or odd settings so she might still work fine, the only minor concern would be the rear weight distribution as those effects changed with 1.09, probably fine though.
I retuned the Elise very slightly just after I posted it, I accidentally put my "experimental" settings up and the car was slightly faster but more of a handful. With the updated settings shes an absolute pussycat, definitely my best MR.

I've heard of this idea being mentioned before but I've never seen it put into action so i'll be interested in seeing the results. The one thing you might want to look into is PD "specials", there's a few cars that have hidden values that make them comparatively much faster than their PP/Spec would suggest. 👍
I'll go check out the Elise as soon as time permits, but I did like it as it was and didn't find it a handful. Probably from being use to my tunes, go try the Gran Turismo S I put on the "Car of the month" thread, that should easily make you believe your Elise is very stable. I've heard of those PD specials, do you know if anybody has a made a list of them? As I was eating supper I came up with the idea to be able to enter a custom ratio number, since basically that's what it all comes down to; (front, back)/(weight,volume, surface, weight distribution, spring rates, ride height), it all comes down to finding the right ratio, so why not use the ones that work instead of punching in one number at a time for the rest of our lives, hence the idea of this project.:cheers: (For a guy who takes about the equivalent of one beer every three years, I sure use the cheers quite a bit:lol:.)

I'll go check out the Elise as soon as time permits, but I did like it as it was and didn't find it a handful. Probably from being use to my tunes, go try the Gran Turismo S I put on the "Car of the month" thread, that should easily make you believe your Elise is very stable. I've heard of those PD specials, do you know if anybody has a made a list of them? As I was eating supper I came up with the idea to be able to enter a custom ratio number, since basically that's what it all comes down to; (front, back)/(weight,volume, surface, weight distribution, spring rates, ride height), it all comes down to finding the right ratio, so why not use the ones that work instead of punching in one number at a time for the rest of our lives, hence the idea of this project.:cheers: (For a guy who takes about the equivalent of one beer every three years, I sure use the cheers quite a bit:lol:.)
I will try to do a review of your Maserati once I'm done with this first round of FITT entries, been a while since I've done one for that thread 👍

I've not seen a specific list of the cars, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Suzuki GSXR, Honda NSX-R LM Roadcar, Mazda RX7 (FD3), Mazda RX500, Mazda RX8 LM, Chevrolet Camaro '10, LCC Rocket, Elise 111R

Algorithm tune aren't really my sort of thing as I enjoy the tuning process but if they help someone out there then I don't mind helping out :cheers: (My drinking days are also over but we can still clink our mugs :lol:)

The Stratos is rather unique, as a street car it has stock rear tires, which is skinny in comparison to rally car or track use version IRL. I have 2 version of Stratos on my garage, and both are still edgy to drive. I have built a replica of Gr4 Rally car that I will post soon, but it still does have the slippery rear nature as it uses real life weight distribution ( not helping at all :lol: ) Most MR react well to closer ratio spring rate ( front and rear in close value range, lower rear rate often yields better balance / less oversteer ) - a good example of this would be Proto Motors Oullim Spirra 500PP tune that I posted for difficult car thread, it share some of spring rate reaction to NSX. Talk about NSX, I still have a NA2 NSX-R replica that I will post as well, it's amazingly quick at Willow Springs on comfort medium, beating my C5 Z06 Andy Pilgrim ( CM ) by more than a second, while still having less PP :eek: NSX-R NA2 is one of the MR car IRL that uses lower rear spring rate, it showed that when Honda engineers aiming for ultimate track performance, a stiffer springs are a must and less rate at the rear helped a lot with stability.

The Stratos is rather unique, as a street car it has stock rear tires, which is skinny in comparison to rally car or track use version IRL. I have 2 version of Stratos on my garage, and both are still edgy to drive. I have built a replica of Gr4 Rally car that I will post soon, but it still does have the slippery rear nature as it uses real life weight distribution ( not helping at all :lol: ) Most MR react well to closer ratio spring rate ( front and rear in close value range, lower rear rate often yields better balance / less oversteer ) - a good example of this would be Proto Motors Oullim Spirra 500PP tune that I posted for difficult car thread, it share some of spring rate reaction to NSX. Talk about NSX, I still have a NA2 NSX-R replica that I will post as well, it's amazingly quick at Willow Springs on comfort medium, beating my C5 Z06 Andy Pilgrim ( CM ) by more than a second, while still having less PP :eek: NSX-R NA2 is one of the MR car IRL that uses lower rear spring rate, it showed that when Honda engineers aiming for ultimate track performance, a stiffer springs are a must and less rate at the rear helped a lot with stability.
I remember that Spirra of yours, absolutely fantastic example of the breed. Showed what you can do when you're not building from someone elses sheet and I think you should show that more often 👍

I just have a small question so I don't want to start a new thread. For dampers (compression), does moving the number up increase stiffness or decrease stiffness? For dampers (extension), does moving the number up increase weight transfer or decrease weight transfer? Thanks in advance.

I just have a small question so I don't want to start a new thread. For dampers (compression), does moving the number up increase stiffness or decrease stiffness? For dampers (extension), does moving the number up increase weight transfer or decrease weight transfer? Thanks in advance.
Moving the number up will increase the resistance (during compression stroke the damper will slow down compression rate/during extension stroke the damper will slow down extension rate).

Using stiffer dampers increase the speed of weight transfer but will reduce the amount of weight transferred. This means that the car will respond faster to input but reduced load on the tyre means reduced grip

Moving the number up will increase the resistance (during compression stroke the damper will slow down compression rate/during extension stroke the damper will slow down extension rate).

Using stiffer dampers increase the speed of weight transfer but will reduce the amount of weight transferred. This means that the car will respond faster to input but reduced load on the tyre means reduced grip
Thank you very much!

Your camber section is wrong. First paragraph is right, but then you say that negative camber is better for accel and braking. That's not right

Last edited:
Your chamber section is wrong. First paragraph is right, but then you say that negative chamber is better for accel and braking. That's not right
Its being worked on

(doesn't really matter as camber is still not really working in game)

View attachment 129253

Camber Settings -

Used to describe the vertical angle of the wheel in relation to the ground. Negative (-) camber means that the bottom of the wheel sticks out further than the top which generally provides more grip when cornering as it puts the wheel at a better angle to the road. Positive (+) camber is generally only used on agricultural and off-road vehicles and doesn't provide any advantages to a race set-up.

View attachment 177805

Camber is quite complicated in the way it works but the basic idea is that running a wheel at an angle to the road will change the way the tyre contacts the road and affects how much stress it can sustain in any particular direction.

View attachment 177806

Here we see a wheel at 0.0 degrees of camber, the contact patch is wider than it is long which means it can handle more lateral (sideways) forces but less linear (accelerating/braking) forces. This makes it ideal for cornering.

View attachment 177807

Here we see a wheel with heavy negative camber. The contact patch is now longer than it is wide which makes it better at handling linear (accelerating/braking) forces but worse at handling lateral (sideways) forces. This makes it ideal for accelerating and braking.

Right, but think of the poor kiddos who will read that and have a misunderstanding of chamber.
I know and I'm trying to find to some time to do some more research and amend the post, These things take a fair bit of time to write up and explain properly and I am unfortunately short of free time in which to do this at the moment

Back