Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I couldn't help but notice that Honda is now okay with putting their cars back into illegal street racing themed games. Admittedly I haven't been keeping up with news in that regard so not sure what made them change their minds (also Ferrari for that matter), but I wonder if this bodes well for a potential TXR. I certainly wouldn't mind if Dreamy Ghost and Speed Box made a return to the highways. :)

Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Porsche, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda are all in NFS. So we have all the major players okay with their cars being in a street racing game. Thats all they need to tell any TXR/Wangan Midnight story.
I wouldn't care though if they didn't use any licensed cars like they did in the first TXR game you just have to put the names in yourself but all the cars are still there.

Does anyone know where to get the android APK for the mobile TXR game? or is it even possible to get/play because the game is shut down/japan only/both?

wow... cant wait for new txr hehehe.. now im playing txr2 on s4 using reicast .. which is the hard txr games to conqurer all rival u need to play 3times .. as usual wanderer problem hmm.. dc version the ai corner like a wind fast no mistakes except for draw game easily to get draw games..

image.png

In the process of making Unknown's sticker on Forza 6. I'm shaping the logo using lines since I already figured that 3000 layers *Dayum son* is already good enough for me to not worry about hitting the layer limit around this point.

Plus cant you make some really complex thing and then condense all the layers into one.
Yeah you can. This livery editor is like 100 times better than MCLA's. You can make some photorealistic liveries out of this.

Right now im currently working on this and a Disturbed livery for my R34. :cool:

Yeah you can. This livery editor is like 100 times better than MCLA's. You can make some photorealistic liveries out of this.

Right now im currently working on this and a Disturbed livery for my R34. :cool:
I need to get an xbox one... I have played tons of forza 1-4. Now there are two new ones I haven't even touched yet! Forza is my only regret for getting a PS4 instead of an X1. Well not my only regret I think there are probably a few other good reasons to get one but I also really love my PS4, I just wish there were a GT style game. Project cars and drive club are cool and all but they aren't anything like GT/Forza.

you'll be happy to know gran turismo sport is coming out for the ps4 in 2016 it's just around the corner being followed by gran turismo 7 along with assetto corsa
http://games.gamepressure.com/game.asp?ID=17698&GID=29586

is it me or does anybody find the steering in tokyo xtreme racer 3 to be too sensitive?
well see about gt sport. assetto corsa seems like one of those racing games that has no carrot.

It sure is but thats kind of how they all are I think. I found that TXR3 played really well with a wheel.

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I checked on Genki's Twitter... But I found some valuable info!

Basically, that main tweet translates to something along the lines of the guy Genki tagged prefering a C1GP remake over a new TXR game, and in the comments, there is Genki replying to someone suggesting a merge of C1GP and TXR.

There is another post which suggests they might be creating a game right now too. I found it translated to Genki replying with something along the lines of they'll try their best... I think.

It's probably just hype talk, but that's what I think of it anyway. :cheers: Maybe a better translator can shed some light on the thread?

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I checked on Genki's Twitter... But I found some valuable info!

Basically, that main tweet translates to something along the lines of the guy Genki tagged prefering a C1GP remake over a new TXR game, and in the comments, there is Genki replying to someone suggesting a merge of C1GP and TXR.

There is another post which suggests they might be creating a game right now too. I found it translated to Genki replying with something along the lines of they'll try their best... I think.

It's probably just hype talk, but that's what I think of it anyway. :cheers: Maybe a better translator can shed some light on the thread?

I prefer a new Shutokou Battle than another sim racer though, we already have GT, Forza, Asseto Corsa, PCars and Drive Club.

I prefer a new Shutokou Battle than another sim racer though, we already have GT, Forza, Asseto Corsa, PCars and Drive Club.
Hope that it gets released worldwide despite the original C1GP being a Japan exclusive.

Also great job finding that @KazaMR2.

Last edited:
to me it reads like a guy said that he wanted a new C1GP and genki was shocked that someone liked that over TXR.

I hope they will take a chance and do PS4 releases of their PS2 games. but after all these years they still haven't done PS2 classics on PS3 not even in japan.

why dont they release ps2 classics?

I wouldnt mind buying a txr3 or d2 upgrade with online support

They have hinted that it would likely be prohibitive to renew all the manufacturer licenses for a re-release in a different format.

They have hinted that it would likely be prohibitive to renew all the manufacturer licenses for a re-release in a different format.

in that case, they could atleast do pre txr3 games, where they never had liscense. unless actual car companies really didn't like the idea of copycats with fake names

I was disappointed that they didn't release Import Tuner Challenge for the Ps3. I'd be happy with just a remastered Txr zero.

in that case, they could atleast do pre txr3 games, where they never had liscense. unless actual car companies really didn't like the idea of copycats with fake names

I would guess the attitude towards fakes has gotten worse in the last 15 years--among both the manufacturers who license every little thing now, and gamers who are accustomed to real cars rather than sort-of real.

I would guess the attitude towards fakes has gotten worse in the last 15 years--among both the manufacturers who license every little thing now, and gamers who are accustomed to real cars rather than sort-of real.
Would be even worse if Genki ever decided to not use licensed cars in the new installment much like the app which was the last TXR game.

Also I wouldn't think the whole issue with the fake cars is the reason for Genki not being able to re-release TXR1, 2, and Zero. Maybe they don't have enough cash to do it but I could be wrong.

Would be even worse if Genki ever decided to not use licensed cars in the new installment much like the app which was the last TXR game.

Also I wouldn't think the whole issue with the fake cars is the reason for Genki not being able to re-release TXR1, 2, and Zero. Maybe they don't have enough cash to do it but I could be wrong.
I believe not enough cash for licensing purpose isn't the reason, if TXR 1 has been re-released while 2 and Zero aren't, then you might have a point. But since TXR 1 wasn't re-released even though it had the second smallest car list compared the others, then there should be another reason.

I believe not enough cash for licensing purpose isn't the reason, if TXR 1 has been re-released while 2 and Zero aren't, then you might have a point. But since TXR 1 wasn't re-released even though it had the second smallest car list compared the others, then there should be another reason.
But that was only one game that was re-released. *Also when did they ever re-released the first TXR game?* If non licensed cars weren't an issue, TXR 2 would have seen a re-released to.

I think ITC may have the smallest car list out of all the TXR games because they were all licensed and Genki didn't had enough money to add more. I have never played TXR 1 because I never owned a Sega dreamcast so keep that in mind.

But that was only one game that was re-released. *Also when did they ever re-released the first TXR game?* If non licensed cars weren't an issue, TXR 2 would have seen a re-released to.

I think ITC may have the smallest car list out of all the TXR games because they were all licensed and Genki didn't had enough money to add more. I have never played TXR 1 because I never owned a Sega dreamcast so keep that in mind.

ITC had a small car list because they tried to go ForzaVista on them all and ran out of time/money. TXR3 had a much bigger car list and they were all licensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back