Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Purple Meteor's profile in Street Supremacy, it's said that he's a mentor to Jintei.

Also, you said the Devils were present in TXR2? If so, what name did Melancholy Angel went by in TXR2?
Speed Angel. They've taken some liberty with some of their names throughout the series. One of the worst ones has to be Blood Hound in TXR2 being named "Hot Dog". :lol:

Purple Meteor being associated with Jintei is something I've heard before. His TXR0 profile says that he beat the top 8 racers of the highway. That most likely means the 4 Devas and 4 Devils of TXR1, which means he's had to have beaten Zero and Unknown, so yea he's pretty legit.

To correct myself, Unknown was originally the fastest in TXR1, then eventually the new racers took his title away.

Speed Angel. They've taken some liberty with some of their names throughout the series. One of the worst ones has to be Blood Hound in TXR2 being named "Hot Dog". :lol:

Purple Meteor being associated with Jintei is something I've heard before. His TXR0 profile says that he beat the top 8 racers of the highway. That most likely means the 4 Devas and 4 Devils of TXR1, which means he's had to have beaten Zero and Unknown, so yea he's pretty legit.

To correct myself, Unknown was originally the fastest in TXR1, then eventually the new racers took his title away.

So maybe we've been playing as Purple Meteor the whole time in TXR1?:eek:

Since that's the only TXR with the 4 Devas and the 4 Devils.

Not all are keen on having to download a game when some prefer getting a physical copy for themselves (and save themselves the trouble of entering a debit/credit card information or buying set amount PSN cards at a store).

I am one of those that still prefer the physical copies (because I can still sell it and get some of the money spent back... some). But... downloadable games are possibly gonna have to do for this game.

I have no problem with digital sales as long as they follow ITC sales and have the new TXR on Microsoft and PSN and continue to have online play (I believe they can afford that).

I hate digital games, so I'm not advocating for it in any way. Not being able to sell my games is the major reason I don't really do PC gaming (steam). But... If digital only increases the chances of getting more TXR games, I'm all for it. It's got to be significantly cheaper (and less risk) for them to do digital vs producing a physical copy and it potentially not doing well because these games never seem to get particularly favorable reviews (outside of their fanbase).

Thanks, I would but I like to have vinyls that are uncommon. I feel like this vinyl set is gonna spread all over people's cars. I'm thinking of making ITC vinyl version of King Speed. Already made the TXR0 and TXR3 versions...

Come on man, I would love to use those vinyl in FH2!

Come on man, I would love to use those vinyl in FH2!

I'll think on Golden wisdom, but I'll make a request if you have one. Like mad murdoc, dirty fox, midnight Cinderella, King sandstorm, etc. I know you're a fan of dejected angel. I don't think you would want the ITC version, melancholy angel...

I'll think on Golden wisdom, but I'll make a request if you have one. Like mad murdoc, dirty fox, midnight Cinderella, King sandstorm, etc. I know you're a fan of dejected angel. I don't think you would want the ITC version, melancholy angel...

Actually... yes I do.

I had to get this out of my chest. While on the topic of a new TXR, I hope it's driving physics are anything but the POS that is TXRD2's physic.

TXRD2 sucked, HARD. All the cars handle like **** and you can barely drift at any corners at all.

There's only two speeds in this game, slow as ****, and fast as ****. And both are just as bad. Slow? Good luck trying to overtake your opponent unless they're driving a mini truck. Fast? Good luck trying to turn because no matter what speed you tried to drift, you'll always slam into the guardrails. They should've called it Tokyo Xtreme Racer Crash instead, because that's all you bloody do in this sorry excuse of a drifting game.

And don't try defending this POS by saying its a simulator. None of the previous TXR were simulators so why should this be? And even if it is a simulator, it failed hard since I don't remember FF cars being able to drift the same way as FR cars. And I certainly don't remember spinning out when turning at 90kmh in Gran Turismo or Forza.

Go play Battle Gear 3 instead, it's a way better TXR and it's not even made by Genki.

To me, TXRD2 is the worst in the series.

Last edited:
I had to get this out of my chest. While on the topic of a new TXR, I hope it's driving physics are anything but the POS that is TXRD2's physic.

TXRD2 sucked, HARD. All the cars handle like **** and you can barely drift at any corners at all.

There's only two speeds in this game, slow as ****, and fast as ****. And both are just as bad. Slow? Good luck trying to overtake your opponent unless they're driving a mini truck. Fast? Good luck trying to turn because no matter what speed you tried to drift, you'll always slam into the guardrails. They should've called it Tokyo Xtreme Racer Crash instead, because that's all you bloody do in this sorry excuse of a drifting game.

And don't try defending this POS by saying its a simulator. None of the previous TXR were simulators so why should this be? And even if it is a simulator, it failed hard since I don't remember FF cars being able to drift the same way as FR cars. And I certainly don't remember spinning out when turning at 90kmh in Gran Turismo or Forza.

Go play Battle Gear 3 instead, it's a way better TXR and it's not even made by Genki.

Oh well, TXRD2 is my second favorite in the series. I didn't find the handle that bad, I got used to it after a long time of playing it. :dopey:

Drop the "2" and then I'll agree with you.

My list from best to worst:

TXR3
TXRD2
TXR0
ITC
TXR1
TXR2
TXRD

The "..." shows the gap of just how much I abhor TXRD, and it mainly has to do with the AI. TXRD was the most recent one I've beaten and it left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I have no motivation to play my copy of KB2 even though I've heard that this is an improvement over TXRD.

Really hope the new TXR finds a good balance of challenge with the AI. Thinking somewhere around TXR0 and TXR3.

Really hope the new TXR finds a good balance of challenge with the AI. Thinking somewhere around TXR0 and TXR3.

Yeah me too, although I'd just say... TXR3 with slight adjustments since I thought it was a great balance, bar some teams being a strugle because of challange after challange from them, such as D3 & Darts.

Just finished import tuner challenge, and while I definitely enjoyed it overall, I do feel a little bit disappointed. The biggest standout for me is that the list of cars sucked. I'm all about the jza70 since I own an mk3 IRL, but it felt like every damn opponent was the same car. There was a while where I kept thinking, "seriously, another damn RX8?" They definitely need to bring back the full fleet of cars from the previous games.

The lack of areas to drive in was also kind of a drag. When I unlocked the 3rd wave of guys on the same areas, I started to think "ok, come on now.."

As you guys were discussing, they really need to find a good balance with the AI. In some of the previous games I felt like the AI was so damn fast that I had to race dirty (especially the straight highway battles). In this game I was kicking everyone's ass pretty easily. They were fast as **** on the straights, but more than made up for it by being snail slow in corners.

**** time attack battles. I like them, but not for 7 miles. Those races were by far the easiest to win, and where I would put the most gap between me and the AI. Got boring real fast.

On the topic of the drift games, I wound up hating them both. Lots of potential, but the AI made me want to throw my controller through the screen.

Hey guys I may have found even more interesting tweets from Genki possibly regarding the TXR franchise but I don't have enough time to post them because I have to go to school. But I have time to share a little bit of info about the tweets. When I went to translate one of the tweets to English, it mentions something about Metropolitan Battle 4, however in Japanese, it says Shutoken Batoru 4. I don't understand Japanese that much but the title already sounds very similar enough to Shutokou Battle. Are they referring to ITC or is this the new TXR game? :confused:

We already know that GRP has possibly been revived recently, this could well be either a confirmation or a misunderstanding.

Hey guys I may have found even more interesting tweets from Genki possibly regarding the TXR franchise but I don't have enough time to post them because I have to go to school. But I have time to share a little bit of info about the tweets. When I went to translate one of the tweets to English, it mentions something about Metropolitan Battle 4, however in Japanese, it says Shutoken Batoru 4. I don't understand Japanese that much but the title already sounds very similar enough to Shutokou Battle. Are they referring to ITC or is this the new TXR game? :confused:

We already know that GRP has possibly been revived recently, this could well be either a confirmation or a misunderstanding.

Well, if Genki don't count Import tuner challange as the 'TXR4' then it might just be confirmed... Or they could be on about the football thing they do. :lol:

One cause that eventually closed the entire TXR series was frequent launch of titles under different names and with recycled content. Complicated menus and controversial handling physics further caused trembling among the crowd.

Those are factors they need to improve promptly. If they manage to do it, success is inevitable; concept of a highway racing game is still quite genuine, not to mention very addictive, as already verified in TXR0 and TXR3.

I'm finally back from my first day of school. Yippe, now it's time to share that tweet I was talking about.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok so we've already seen a lot of pictures of mascots and stuff from Genki's twitter page. However you may notice that they've held some sort of contest using the TXR games to promote this football team or whatever. However I have a theory to this. From what I've understand so far, Genki is not a real big company. Knowing that their income or whatever isn't really that good, seeing a new TXR game being released would take forever for that to happen. A few months ago or according to this thread, we know the fact that Genki said if they can gather enough retweets, they will began development for the new TXR game. So now what? They've probably gotten enough retweets right? Yes but not enough money. So if I'm right, they're working with this football team to help fund raise for the next TXR game. This could mean we could see a improvement over ITC meaning more licensed cars, better physics, and the sequel could unleash it's full potential. This is just the beginning. Unfortunately for the tweet that I posted, I can't understand it. It may sound like they are ready for the development for TXR4. In other news, I have a ton and tons and tons of tweets with the mention of Metropolitan Battle 4 all translated to English.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Same screenshot. Posted it again so you can see the top better.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't know why but this picture reminds me of the ALS Ice Bucket challenge.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

That is all the tweets I could gather. Explain all of these if you can. Just thinking about this makes me want to believe they are in the making of TXR4 but also makes me want to have my own animal mascot costume. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
I'm finally back from my first day of school. Yippe, now it's time to share that tweet I was talking about.
View attachment 436190
View attachment 436191
View attachment 436192
Ok so we've already seen a lot of pictures of mascots and stuff from Genki's twitter page. However you may notice that they've held some sort of contest using the TXR games to promote this football team or whatever. However I have a theory to this. From what I've understand so far, Genki is not a real big company. Knowing that their income or whatever isn't really that good, seeing a new TXR game being released would take forever for that to happen. A few months ago or according to this thread, we know the fact that Genki said if they can gather enough retweets, they will began development for the new TXR game. So now what? They've probably gotten enough retweets right? Yes but not enough money. So if I'm right, they're working with this football team to help fund raise for the next TXR game. This could mean we could see a improvement over ITC meaning more licensed cars, better physics, and the sequel could unleash it's full potential. This is just the beginning. Unfortunately for the tweet that I posted, I can't understand it. It may sound like they are ready for the development for TXR4. In other news, I have a ton and tons and tons of tweets with the mention of Metropolitan Battle 4 all translated to English.
View attachment 436199
View attachment 436200
View attachment 436202
Same screenshot. Posted it again so you can see the top better.
View attachment 436205 View attachment 436206
I don't know why but this picture reminds me of the ALS Ice Bucket challenge.
View attachment 436207
View attachment 436208
View attachment 436213 View attachment 436215
That is all the tweets I could gather. Explain all of these if you can. Just thinking about this makes me want to believe they are in the making of TXR4 but also makes me want to have my own animal mascot costume. :lol:

Yeah, as I thought, and still think, it's probability just talk about the football again. :lol:

Oh yeah, just for the occasion as well. I've recreated Dejected Angel's avatar as well as Bloodhound's
Those look amazing. Mind if I use Bloodhound's avatar for my avatar on GTP?

*EDIT* Also I was wondering if you could recreate Unknown's avatar if it hasn't been done yet.

Those look amazing. Mind if I use Bloodhound's avatar for my avatar on GTP?

*EDIT* Also I was wondering if you could recreate Unknown's avatar if it hasn't been done yet.
Sure no problem!

As for Unknown's avatar, I don't know...I need to find a reference picture that isn't a pixellated mess for me to work on.

Oh yeah, just for the occasion as well. I've recreated Dejected Angel's avatar as well as Bloodhound's

Ooooh... By any chance could you do this for a few other TXR drivers?..

Death driver 1.jpg

I'd like to create a few more with S-tuner, and use well done logos, since I had to get Death Driver's logo from a youtube video print screen.

Yeah sure! I'm planning to recreate Midnight Cinderella and Midnight Rose's next.
Thats cool. Speaking about the unknown avatar, I was wondering if maybe drawing out his logo by taking a picture of his in-game logo on TXR0 from my IPod and draw it out might help.

Yeah sure! I'm planning to recreate Midnight Cinderella and Midnight Rose's next.

Could you recreate Steal heart's battle sticker from the txr series? So I can have a reference to vinyl from. I'm going to recreate the txr3 and maybe the TXR0 version on FH2. I would do midnight rose and dying star but FH2 doesn't have the Mitsubishi gto. Someone tell me any suggestions they have, need more txr cars.

Could you recreate Steal heart's battle sticker from the txr series? So I can have a reference to vinyl from. I'm going to recreate the txr3 and maybe the TXR0 version on FH2. I would do midnight rose and dying star but FH2 doesn't have the Mitsubishi gto. Someone tell me any suggestions they have, need more txr cars.
I'll see what I can do, currently I'm working on MC's and MR's sticker with someone requesting ZERO's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back