Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake Eyes Finished. Made it as close as possible. Couldn't make out what some of the heavy vinyls even said so it's not completely identical. Even tuned the gear ratios indentically to snake eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 148
I, meanwhile, ages ago, found this: Shutokou Battle A, for Japanese market Android phones. From my research, it seems that it contains primarily original cars, but there's the R35 GT-R. Doesn't seem interesting, but could it mean something big for the future?

💡

I, meanwhile, ages ago, found this: Shutokou Battle A, for Japanese market Android phones. From my research, it seems that it contains primarily original cars, but there's the R35 GT-R. Doesn't seem interesting, but could it mean something big for the future?

💡

Not really; that app I think has been around for a while. No English speaking users seem to have it, so if that site will allow us to get the APK we need to A.S.A.P!

Not really; that app I think has been around for a while. No English speaking users seem to have it, so if that site will allow us to get the APK we need to A.S.A.P!

It is from a carrier-specific app store (KDDI au). If anyone living in Japan here has a phone/tablet using KDDI au, please tell about the game's experience. :)

I am aware it is an old stuff, since around 2011 I think.

I already know that snakes eyes body kit is from Japan Charge speed works. But does anyone know the name body kit style of King speed from ITC? I've been wondering if it was just another anime reference like Crimson devil. If anyone knows, please tell me the name of the body kit or where it's from.

Nothing interesting has yet to show up from Genki's twitter page regarding the Tokyo Xtreme Racer franchise. :rolleyes:

Oh my dear lord guys, I may have found the most interesting tweet from Genki. Get ready because it's a big one!

Apparently Genki, the developers of TXR as you know it were at TGS2015 Aka Tokyo Game Show 2015 recently according to this tweet.
image.jpg

English translation.
image.jpg

Are we at the point for the official announcement for the next TXR game? :scared: HYPE TRAIN INBOUND!!!!
image.jpg

Oh my dear lord guys, I may have found the most interesting tweet from Genki. Get ready because it's a big one!

Apparently Genki, the developers of TXR as you know it were at TGS2015 Aka Tokyo Game Show 2015 recently according to this tweet.
View attachment 447891
English translation.
View attachment 447892
Are we at the point for the official announcement for the next TXR game? :scared: HYPE TRAIN INBOUND!!!!
View attachment 447893

The hype is real! :lol:

This sure is interesting, I wonder what is next to come... :mischievous:

Yeah, they've been talking a fair bit about a "Metropolitan Battle 4" recently.

shutoken_logo.png

Unfortunately being that Google translate is not sufficient you'll find something relating to a soccer competition. It's a collaboration but since I can not properly read it I have no idea what's going on so I'm not going to assume anything.

I hate too be that guy, but I think you guys are reaching. To begin, there was never officially a SB3, there were lots of sequels, but, none after 2 have stuck with the numerical progression. As such, and considering there are far more than just 3 games in the collection of the series, actually calling the game Shutokou Battle 4 doesn't follow logically. That picture pokemon posted, by the looks, I would say they got an invite to a convention and were posting pics before some presentation started.
Dont get me wrong here, I would love to see another round of this game come around. I've been a fan since playing the first US iteration on the Dreamcast. I even have TXR SS in my psp ATM for my third play through. I just don't think the people at Genki are so covert they wouldn't show any form of media, be it a screenshot, very conclusive title splash or something, yet post about SB4? And that only while in reference to a football team? Sadly, i feel it is safe to assume that SB4 is indeed a football tournament that the team the support was playing at. If/when Genki decides to make another TXR, I do not not think we will be speculating at obscure posts.

I hate too be that guy, but I think you guys are reaching. To begin, there was never officially a SB3, there were lots of sequels, but, none after 2 have stuck with the numerical progression. As such, and considering there are far more than just 3 games in the collection of the series, actually calling the game Shutokou Battle 4 doesn't follow logically. That picture pokemon posted, by the looks, I would say they got an invite to a convention and were posting pics before some presentation started.
Dont get me wrong here, I would love to see another round of this game come around. I've been a fan since playing the first US iteration on the Dreamcast. I even have TXR SS in my psp ATM for my third play through. I just don't think the people at Genki are so covert they wouldn't show any form of media, be it a screenshot, very conclusive title splash or something, yet post about SB4? And that only while in reference to a football team? Sadly, i feel it is safe to assume that SB4 is indeed a football tournament that the team the support was playing at. If/when Genki decides to make another TXR, I do not not think we will be speculating at obscure posts.
It's a collaboration TXR made with. Like I said in earlier posts, they are probably fund raising for the next TXR game.

After I'm done with New York, I'm planning on giving C1 Grand Prix a spin. You can get the game used pretty cheap on Amazon in good conditions from what I've seen.

But it doesn't explain the tweet where they said they're interested in making a new TXR if the tweet reached a considerable amount of favorite.

Well great, this is just A f-ing great.

It seems we might have been on the wrong track. I was looking for more info about the Shutokou Battle series using Google Translate when I saw this:

2015 time J2 League was a member of the Tokyo Verdy - Yokohama FC - JEF United Ichihara Chiba , Omiya Ardijafour teams of up a joint project called "Strikes Back - in the metropolitan area Battle 4 to not a 4" When you raise, "names resembling" was the same planning and collaboration from the connection of [13] [3] .Note According to the company, that this collaboration was "something like got accident" [3] .

From what I understand, the football tournament's name and its similarity to the Shuokou Battle name is just a coincidence.

But all is not lost yet. Remember the tweet from Genki about its plan to revive Shutokou Battle? I'm guessing that we just looked in the wrong place for info.

holy crap, i havent been here for like a month and this is what happened? damn, i should stop practicing with the damn FD in Haruna. on another side, im gonna say this and a few (or most) of the people will disagree: the poorer receptions because of IGN, Metacritic and Gamespot's way to "get chained" to succesful and bigger companies (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Bethesda...). of course, TXR0 had a few cons so as TXR3, Street Supremacy and TXRD2. but the way they scored it...i think its just BS to make NFS look greater for the masses. TXR3 vs NFSU? NFSU. Street Supremacy vs NFSU Rivals? NFSU Rivals. TXRD2 vs NFS Pro Street? Pro Street. you see? and besides, guess who decided to put a 7.8 on a Pokemon just for a few bugs and "too much water" and guess who keeps high scoring COD with "small failures"...

I would lose my mind if they announced a new TXR game. One of my alt psn names is Rolling_Guy

same here i've been waiting fo this for years,i still have my dreamcast and ps2 playing the txr games.txr is exactly what i always wanted out of a racing game,plus the soundtrack is amazing

same here i've been waiting fo this for years,i still have my dreamcast and ps2 playing the txr games.txr is exactly what i always wanted out of a racing game,plus the soundtrack is amazing
I have a real craving to play some TXR but all my old consoles are in storage. All I have is my ps4. Which is hurting for good racing games.

I have a real craving to play some TXR but all my old consoles are in storage. All I have is my ps4. Which is hurting for good racing games.

Theres always a ps2 emulater if you dont feel like going thruogh your storage to scratch the itch :D

I want a new TXR game to be real so badly! Didn't Genki basically shift to making educational kids games? Assuming that they are actually profiting from that, maybe they could really be thinking about making a new racing game.
Theres always a ps2 emulater if you dont feel like going thruogh your storage to scratch the itch :D
I got Need For Speed and it kinda helps but its like switching from heroin to caffeine. At least i get to roll around in a sick ass Z. And I really want to make a blackbird in that game too.

I want a new TXR game to be real so badly! Didn't Genki basically shift to making educational kids games? Assuming that they are actually profiting from that, maybe they could really be thinking about making a new racing game.

I got Need For Speed and it kinda helps but its like switching from heroin to caffeine. At least i get to roll around in a sick ass Z. And I really want to make a blackbird in that game too.
Since when did Genki ever did that? :odd:

I know for a fact that Genki was working with some soccer team earlier this year possibly to help fund raise for the next TXR game but I don't even remember Genki moving on to making educational games.

then what is this? Cause between 2007 and now all they have done is stuff that looks like this. Is it tax software or something? But yeah mostly stuff that google translate comes out to something something training something I guess some of it is related to business etiquette. and obvious kids games for DS.
163651_back.jpg

Last edited:
No.

If there was anything they ever made recently, it was a mobage version of their Shutokou Battle series.
Between 2007 and now Genki have put out roughly 20 games that aren't racing related. But its been japan only game and non game software for DS/3DS and one or two things for IOS.
I guess you guys haven't been paying as much attention to Genki as I have for the last several years since ITC and Wangan Midnight came out.

I guess you guys haven't been paying as much attention to Genki as I have for the last several years since ITC and Wangan Midnight came out.
I knew that they were focused on making mobile games. The only thing that caught my attention from those was that specific game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back