Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed as in credits rolled or 100%? Credits rolled many times (stopped keeping track), never 100%, only that 1 last guy, but no point in doing everything multiple times. Takes too long.

Yeah, as in 100%. For some reason I haven't unlocked the Short Circuit Kirigamine and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. The only requirement for unlocking it that GameFAQs says is I have to beat Yeti Fang, which I have done twice now (holy crap, he's fast though), and I'll get some mail from the first person from Kirigamine, but I haven't. I've beaten rivals 001-319, 333-340, and 353-356 btw

You need to look into any daytime TA/CA/etc that you have not completed. Getting trophies and medals are essential for progressing.

Yeah, as in 100%. For some reason I haven't unlocked the Short Circuit Kirigamine and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. The only requirement for unlocking it that GameFAQs says is I have to beat Yeti Fang, which I have done twice now (holy crap, he's fast though), and I'll get some mail from the first person from Kirigamine, but I haven't. I've beaten rivals 001-319, 333-340, and 353-356 btw

Oh, I got 100% first time aha, my second was a continuation of that game on new game plus. :lol:

As Downhill Dino says, you'll need to go do daytime challenges to earn the trophies and medals as some are requirements for certain rivals if I remember correctly.

Wow.

I honestly thought these guys were dead. I just pulled out TRX0 and started a new file. Still the same old hard-as-nails CaRPG I loved. Can't wait till I get back to the Wangan with my 800hp Fairlady!

The physics are still annoying as hell though, it's like oversteer doesn't exist, and every car understeers like mad (while your opponents make it through corners easily). A game with the depth, car list, and longetivity of TRX0 but with better physics...I'd pay 60 bucks for that in a heartbeat.

Genki's games are super-rough around the edges but the core gameplay is always addicting. They have a truly Japanese flair as well. I love the cheesy anime atmosphere of the TRX series, with the funny character profiles and over-the-top boss racers.

Wow.

I honestly thought these guys were dead. I just pulled out TRX0 and started a new file. Still the same old hard-as-nails CaRPG I loved. Can't wait till I get back to the Wangan with my 800hp Fairlady!

The physics are still annoying as hell though, it's like oversteer doesn't exist, and every car understeers like mad (while your opponents make it through corners easily). A game with the depth, car list, and longetivity of TRX0 but with better physics...I'd pay 60 bucks for that in a heartbeat.

Genki's games are super-rough around the edges but the core gameplay is always addicting. They have a truly Japanese flair as well. I love the cheesy anime atmosphere of the TRX series, with the funny character profiles and over-the-top boss racers.

Yeah Zero is a little rough at first, but gets better as you progress and upgrade (And it is the only one where you can get an eclipse as a proper car so all is forgiven in my mind)

Meh, I remember the cars always swaying like boats when dodging traffic and the incomprehensible behavior around any lower-speed corners.

I started off with one of the older Silvia's (don't remember which one exactly). I found that after getting the level 2 suspension, lowering the ride height, and stiffening the shocks it definitely handles better (and goes faster for some reason), but the understeer and complete inability to drift still drives me crazy

I am embarrassed to say that I never beat Drift 2. I played numerous run throughs but never finished. I always beat Reign Supreme and Absolute Summit but quit at Hokkaido. For me, it's the journey that keeps my attention. Once I reach near "God Mode" status I am like "meh".

I am embarrassed to say that I never beat Drift 2. I played numerous run throughs but never finished. I always beat Reign Supreme and Absolute Summit but quit at Hokkaido. For me, it's the journey that keeps my attention. Once I reach near "God Mode" status I am like "meh".
Thing is that the last few racers are difficult to the point of being gods themselves, especially Hokkaido. I had to be a bit of a cheater just to win; so don't think it's easy to get to "God Mode".

I ragequit at least 40 times on the last team (final 3 bosses) alone from how hard they were. They made the rest of the final bosses look like a cakewalk in terms of difficulty, and they all were pretty tough as is themselves. I still need to go and get another disc to try to beat the second save that I was going for a perfect win ratio with since hoping TXRD2 will get ported to PS4 is not going to happen realistically.

I think that on the second play through if I get a disc they will be challenged with either a 205, a GTR of some sorts, or a Speedster. At least one of those should be easier to race them with than an Evo VIII.

I ragequit at least 40 times on the last team (final 3 bosses) alone from how hard they were. They made the rest of the final bosses look like a cakewalk in terms of difficulty, and they all were pretty tough as is themselves. I still need to go and get another disc to try to beat the second save that I was going for a perfect win ratio with since hoping TXRD2 will get ported to PS4 is not going to happen realistically.

I think that on the second play through if I get a disc they will be challenged with either a 205, a GTR of some sorts, or a Speedster. At least one of those should be easier to race them with than an Evo VIII.
I think I used an Impreza on them. The hawk eyed one. Tuned up it can have 711 PS.
Or the GC8 Impreza. While mine is tuned to 550 PS or so, I had them in the corners and managed to finished halfway through the track. A GT-R can reach at least 800 PS, the R34 capping it at 1100+ PS. But remember, you have corners. This ain't Amurica.

Thing is that the last few racers are difficult to the point of being gods themselves, especially Hokkaido. I had to be a bit of a cheater just to win; so don't think it's easy to get to "God Mode".
The last two bosses aren't too hard. You just got to get use to the track which the best car to use for Hokkaido would be the Evo since this is a rally track after all and Evos are really good when it comes to off road courses.

Speaking of TXRD2, I find it disappointing that the secret last boss isn't an insanely fast white AE86 you can only challenge at Mt Haruna.

I mean, in the Shutokou Battle series, the secret last boss (with the exception of 01), the secret last boss is a blue 240Z which is a references to Wangan Midnight, a huge inspiration for the game itself.

There's even references to Initial D in the Shutokou Battle series in the form of R.R.'s leader and his Brother. (Platinum Prince and Cornering Artist).

Heck, even in the intro video for Eternal Wanderer, the Slasher for Haruna. You can see a green S13 in a garage of a gas station, a white Trueno outside a tofu store and a yellow FD and white FC parked near a diner. So obviously Genki knew about Initial D.

Which brings the question, why the heck is Ground Zero the secret lass boss instead of a super fast white AE86 on Haruna?

So I just started playing Zero recently, the 180SX is such a great car I recommend it. I have a 100,000 credits and I am considering getting an Skyline or a Supra for Stage 3.

The game is getting pretty challenging for me, and I am currently trying to have a boss race with Blood Hound's D2 Merc GS300.

Can someone tell me how to prevent the front tires from gripping unnecessarily during a drift in TXRD2? Every time I counter steer during a drift the car goes into the other wall due to the front tires gripping.

Can someone tell me how to prevent the front tires from gripping unnecessarily during a drift in TXRD2? Every time I counter steer during a drift the car goes into the other wall due to the front tires gripping.

Aren't you a Boss? If we told you how to do that, then we would never get past you and never have a chance to play the rest of the game.

But seriously, try to make your front suspension a little harder. Keep increasing the hardness until you start to loss grip at the desired speed (I am not sure if you can have a different front/back tire setup like in TXR 3 and up, but if you can, that should make a difference)

I have a question, was there a rival in TXRD or TXRD2 named NOB and what does he drive? Haven't played TXRD for months now.

His Silvia is in there and is purchasable but he himself isn't. It is in fact the same one he had in 3.

Last edited:
I'm kinda wondering if Genki implemented their own D1 drifter to the game since they happen to have one plus he also drives the S15 IRL.

I'm kinda wondering if Genki implemented their own D1 drifter to the game since they happen to have one plus he also drives the S15 IRL.

The Re Ameniya RX-7 is like this in TXRD2, but the Oriodo Supra is my favorite out of the special cars.

The Re Ameniya RX-7 is like this in TXRD2, but the Oriodo Supra is my favorite out of the special cars.
So there's 3 D1 cars in the game.

N.O.B S15- Genki S15 (N. Taniguchi)
Re Amemiya RX-7- (M. Suenaga)
Ridox/Orido Supra- (M. Orido)

Is there anymore D1 cars in the game?

If my memory serves well,in TXRD2 there's the HKS Altezza and the Project u AE86 as well.
HKS Altezza- N. Taniguchi

So can anyone give me a in game photo of the Project u AE86? Is there also a Blitz Skyline?

All D1 cars.

901.jpg

967.jpg

887.jpg

817.jpg

856.jpg

890.jpg

985.jpg

Google is a magical thing.

All D1 cars.

901.jpg

967.jpg

887.jpg

817.jpg

856.jpg

890.jpg

985.jpg

Google is a magical thing.
Ah thanks. Didn't think about searching. I was just confirming my suspicions about TXRD using D1 cars in game. So let's see what we have here:

Genki S15- Obviously N. Taniguchi drives that during his debut up until 2006 (Irwindale 1st round) where he switched for a Altezza.
DRFT RX-7- I can remember that being used up until '06 season of D1GP where the driver switched for a S13.
ORC 350Z- Ah yes, R. Miki's car. He was the '04 D1 champion and that time he drove the Top Secret S15 but sadly when he changed his car to the Z33, he did not have a lot of success with the Z33 and he finished below Top 10.
RS*R S15- This along with the RS*R S2000 and Supra did not deliver any victories to its drivers during the '06 season.
Project U AE86- One of my favorite D1 cars. It's also more of an underdog D1 car during the '06 season. Placed 3rd overall.

*Man I gotta stop asking a lot of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back