Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my PS3's laser deep sixed again, going to start another run on Drift 2. Might try to finish this time.:)

I have been planning on doing a full game walk through, since I want to avoid confusion with the rivals with Prizes as a goal. It would be a heck of a grind to complete it fully.

I may finish it 2 years later, due to my upload speed is quite slow.

Edit:

So, I am playing TXRD2 currently, and I found a way to get more C-EXP! (Yay!:lol:

In order to do this you must be at C-EXP Level 4 and do the Turbo Festa at Hiroshima, then after once you get to Level 8 try the FR Challenge in Ura Rokko, you will need a Second Stage Licence to race there, but it is easy to beat Mr. Mitsu and Dominator. Then you should be at Level 15 or 17 to try to do the Master Events and more Advanced Events throughout the game.

Best tip that comes to mind so far, hopefully it helps a lot.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where King speeds (ITC) bodykit came from?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    163 KB · Views: 60
  • image.png
    image.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know where King speeds (ITC) bodykit came from?

And White Charisma's (ITC) bodykit too for that matter.

Not sure on Speed King's bodykit... I'd just say it's a one off made for the game.

White Charisma's bodykit closely resembles an RE Amemiya kit. [I think it's the widebody front bumper, with the standard rear and side kit.]

rx7fd3swidebody1.jpg

I figured it would be amemiya but it seems too... Custom.. To be... That. The split aero wing and the overbearing fenders (especially the front, they bore over the hood) are some things I've never seen before. Unless they just did that to the already existing bodykit to make it look more custom, like King speed.

I just recently got into the craze of Tokyo Xtreme Racer, and I wish there will be a new release (whether or not Genki will be responsible, as long as it is good!)

I just recently got into the craze of Tokyo Xtreme Racer, and I wish there will be a new release (whether or not Genki will be responsible, as long as it is good!)

I'm into my Drift 2 phase; I don't know why, but it feels like I am having fun with this than GT. I am compiling helpful tips that should work.

EDIT: Just 100% the game again.. The third time, it did take awhile, but this time a month. I found the best sponsors and such on my profile with pretty OP cars in the game. It is easy to pull off, too bad Speed King got beat pretty easily than Kaido President. Ground Zero though was hard to get away from with his evil GT-R.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will do anything cool with the tokyo freeway course they're putting in GTS. GT6 had a fictional wangan like course but not much was done with it. But if they're going though the trouble to recreate the real thing maybe they will actually use it in an interesting way.

I wonder if they will do anything cool with the tokyo freeway course they're putting in GTS. GT6 had a fictional wangan like course but not much was done with it. But if they're going though the trouble to recreate the real thing maybe they will actually use it in an interesting way.

It looks like Route C1 was going to be included, but who knows if it will get scrapped until GT7 gets a release. You know PD, they like to cut interesting stuff in their own games.

It looks like Route C1 was going to be included, but who knows if it will get scrapped until GT7 gets a release. You know PD, they like to cut interesting stuff in their own games.
I remember Seattle being featured in a trailer for the new NSX model back in GT5. Would be cool seeing that track come back for GT Sport.

It's not exact C1 layout (you can see the track map from 3:15 onwards). A bit disappointing IMO, but better than nothing I suppose.

On another note, the C1 in Assetto Corsa has recently been updated so you can drive the inner loop (previously only the outer loop was completed). Just need night and traffic and it's perfect :D

Last edited:
I rather have a somewhat fictional Tokyo Highway track than not having anything at all.

Besides, this gets me actually interested in GTS.

I can imagine, if this will be in GT7, I'll be cruising along the expressway in my Kanjo Civic Type R or, hoping it will be there, a blue S30 Fairlady Z!

In comparison to the video, the course on GT Sport is actually a lot more shorter than the real C1 layout. [And I don't over exaggerate a "lot"]

I made a video of a tuned Celsior on ITC as a test earlier, in comparison, it takes a Celsior just over 4:40 minutes to get around the outer loop, compared to an MX5 doing the GTS version in 1:3X minutes.

Currently making a rivals car save for the NTSC version of Kaido Racer 2. It is my signature, but I am far from done still got ways to go on this project.

Just 20 more rivals left in Drift 2. I might actually complete it! Go Yaris Go!!
It might be time to retire that Yaris. There is NO way you can beat the final bosses with it. FWD + only around 300PS + dirt will not turn out well. I couldn't even do it in a 500PS Subaru Legacy.

Last edited:
It might be time to retire that Yaris. There is NO way you can beat the final bosses with it. FWD + only around 300hp + dirt will not turn out well. I couldn't even do it in a 500hp Subaru Legacy.
I was pushing a GC8 Impreza with 560 PS and I could barely beat Ground Zero- in fact, I barely had a gap at the end. I was taking corners as cleanly as I could.
Just 20 more rivals left in Drift 2. I might actually complete it! Go Yaris Go!!
Winters Noble, I'm just gonna warn you now

you're gonna need more power and more flexibility. You can push the Yaris for more power, but it probably will not handle worth a damn. If you hope to beat Emotional King/Kaido President, you NEED more power. He will leave you in the dust if you don't- I barely managed to beat him in a GD(the hawk eyed version) Impreza with 711 PS... 711PS! He was on me for the most part except for the jumps which throws the AI off for some reason. The last team's leader (the S30 driver) have a lot more power than you think it should.

You need to make do with at least 500 PS.

Looking for GT Sport C1 videos found this.

First I thought it was from a beta but its not.

Huh? So we could see another TXR or Shutdoku Battle next year possibly? It looks kinda like a alpha product, unless Genki is through with the developement phase already.

Looking for GT Sport C1 videos found this.

First I thought it was from a beta but its not.

From the video description:

C1 loop ride on a monster supra.
C1 track model belongs to GENKI.
This is not a commercial game and will not ever be released due to not owning the track asset.
If you whant to play C1 loop Gran Turismo Sport features C1 loop.
Enjoy.

Basically some dude ripped the C1 from TXR and put it in his own game (scroll to last post here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12775&start=120). It's not going to get released because he doesn't officially have the rights to use the track.

The track model looks similar to the one in AC though, so it's not a big loss.

If only there's a way to rip track models from Maximum Tune games. I'd love to see all these highways in AC (http://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5/en/system/course/index.html).

I know up to WMMT3 the games are loaded from a GD-ROM. The data should be accessible; ROM images of the early WMMT games are already available online.

Probably should change the title to "Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle) General Thread" or something, the present thread title has been depressingly false since before it was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back