Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably should change the title to "Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle) General Thread" or something, the present thread title has been depressingly false since before it was created.

I've been meaning to say this for ages. Maybe @daan can change the title or substitute the OP for one of the more active members here?

Title change doesn't bother me one way or the other, but the truth is that its essentially been a TXR general thread for a while now.

Title change doesn't bother me one way or the other, but the truth is that its essentially been a TXR general thread for a while now.

Well that's the problem. Whenever I see this thread gets new posts I wonder if there is actual news about a new TXR game, only to find it's just slowchatting about past TXR games. I don't mind people talking about past games but it's annoying when you hope for something new and it's not. Changing the thread title to "General TXR Games Discussion Thread" is going to avoid that. IF there's actual news of a resurrection in the future then the title can get changed again. That way people will know and not get misled.

Has anyone tried TXRD2 on a wheel? The physics seem like they'd be perfect for a wheel to me.

I used to play TXRD2 with a G27 wheel. It was quite fun. RWD cars were a bit difficult to master, but I really enjoyed the game with a wheel.

How about a title change to Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Discussions and the Dirt?

Not related, but, I started another run in Zero. I just beat Speed King and now on the 2nd half. Of course I am now rich, but wondering if anyone suggests some cars for me to use? No OP cars please, (Gtr's, 911, Viper, rival cars). Currently kicking A** is my GDA.

still amazes me how ffb still feels better than anything else I tried
My only only only issue with a g27 and TXRD2 is the amount of play in the center of the steering wheel. It feels like 5 miles of play, then immediate hard turn. The dead zone is so wide that it can fit my disappointment of The Crew and TDU2 together. However with the Logitech software and the right plugins, you can make it a hell of a lot better than just plugging it in to the PS2

I haven't posted here in a while, since there isn't too much news. But I stumbled on something quite amazing sounding!

So, on Genki's Twitter, they had a link to their Facebook account for the GRP [Genki Racing Project].

On there they posted about 15 mins ago:

" intends to obtain the selection I was triggered
Car game is famous because he was the company."
So new this year which came! Grp restarts for!!
‪#‎Genki‬ ‪#‎grp‬ ‪#‎genkiracingproject‬

It's from a new employee they've hired, but it could be that they are in fact going through with the new TXR. If GRP is re-starting, I'd say it's likely we'll be hearing more news sooner or later on this now... :D [Too much hype from me I know haha]

13407045_794531047343789_2086136074768471732_n.jpg

This guy doesn't seem too pleased with his new job. :P

In other news, who owns that Peugeot 106?

Last edited:
This is my first post!

The Genki official twitter is quite active right now, and even posted what looks to be a snapshot of a TXR game being displayed on a projector. It doesn't look very familiar to me though!

Cn8vI54UEAExcBN.jpg:large

オープンワールド!一度は考えてみてそっとあきらめるパターンの企画ってやつです。(隣の元企画スタッフ談) @orangemet2 "今でも遊んでます! オープンワールドで是非! これを超えるゲームはまだありません "

Translation - "Open world! He is the planning pattern give up gently, think again. (Next to the original planning staff story) @orangemet2"play now! Come in the open world! Yet beyond this game ""

Not too sure what this means exactly, but I'm getting hyped!

In other news, who owns that Peugeot 108?
You mean 106? :D

It actually seems to be Genki's machine for endurance racing. According to translation from that page, they established Genki Carol Racing team and are going to compete at Motegi 12H enduro.

By the way, making a racing circuit from C1 route in C1 Grand Prix game is really a great idea, how come PD never thought of that?

オープンワールド!一度は考えてみてそっとあきらめるパターンの企画ってやつです。(隣の元企画スタッフ談) @orangemet2 "今でも遊んでます! オープンワールドで是非! これを超えるゲームはまだありません "

Translation - "Open world! He is the planning pattern give up gently, think again. (Next to the original planning staff story) @orangemet2"play now! Come in the open world! Yet beyond this game ""

HYPE
You mean 106? :D
YOU SAW NOTHING.

I wouldn't have your hopes up too high, I don't think a new title would be running such a low aspect ratio.

This is my first post!

The Genki official twitter is quite active right now, and even posted what looks to be a snapshot of a TXR game being displayed on a projector. It doesn't look very familiar to me though!

I don't know....The HUD, map, and graphics remind me of TXR3.

I don't know....The HUD, map, and graphics remind me of TXR3.

They are at the top part of starting route in Nagoya (the middle area) in TXR3. It is the only one in the series to have it. With 100 on the odo, if this was there only car so far, then they most likely started here. They have 46.8 on Trip so this probably means that this is the second night. I cant quite tell which car it is

Last edited:
They are at the top part of starting route in Nagoya (the middle area) in TXR3. It is the only one in the series to have it. With 100 on the odo, if this was there only car so far, then they most likely started here. They have 46.8 on Trip so this probably means that this is the second night. I cant quite tell which car it is
The car is just probably an 180SX.

Great to see GRP back. I can't wait to see the day when Tokyo Xtreme Racer makes a comeback on the new generation of consoles. Now with all the hype surrounding GRP's resurrection, it looks like it's time to go back to hunting for more information on their Twitter page.

Great to see GRP back. I can't wait to see the day when Tokyo Xtreme Racer makes a comeback on the new generation of consoles. Now with all the hype surrounding GRP's resurrection, it looks like it's time to go back to hunting for more information on their Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/Genki_official

Looks like that made a bunch of hires, still maybe looking for a 3d modeler and a motion capture. It also has been hinting of something (maybe new project?) for 2017

That orangemet2 seems to be Nissan supporter and is happy that his favourite car is in TXR3. He is getting addicted to the game.

Or not. :P It is hard to deduce anything properly from that post.

It is great to see new people getting hired, this could lead to something big. I still wonder how profitable are they anyway.

That orangemet2 seems to be Nissan supporter and is happy that his favourite car is in TXR3. He is getting addicted to the game.

Or not. :P It is hard to deduce anything properly from that post.

It is great to see new people getting hired, this could lead to something big. I still wonder how profitable are they anyway.

I would have to imagine they are doing something right if they are adding staff and officially "restart" a retired project. I am not sure if the two are 100% related, but I can dream

Awesome news Kaza! Well it is time for me to get a PS4 soon. I'm saving up for this game to be released hopefully, it may be better than GT Sport. I want drivetrain & engine swaps (from TXR3 or Shutoku Battle 01) and a bit more real life body parts.

I guess I can dream though, I always loved the TXR series, but I'm hoping for a nice restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back