Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
But how exactly fast was the Devil Z in TXR? If you say it's only a reference to Wangan Midnight then I'm pretty sure you mean it's not as fast as it was in the manga. I have never personally read any of the mangas especially since I don't fully understand Japanese but I do know about the Devil Z and the Blackbird which I actually did replicas of those two on GT6 once and I'm definitely planning on making the Blackbird on NFS 2015 since they got the 930 Turbo in it and got the right body modifications for the car to do the Blackbird. Right now, I'm hoping they add the right wheels. I also recently did a replica of the Blackbird on 3D Tuning but will show the car later.

I did saw some vids of the Devil Z on TXR but I can't really tell if it's as fast as it was on Wangan Midnight.

If I were to say, it would actually be faster than the anime/manga version as in 0, & Import tuner challange. it was a final boss car named '???' with the logo being a skull with flames. It could accelerate so fast in both of them! But the max speed I never found out. The Blackbird (Zero) however is more accurate to that of the true blackbird.

I also made a version of Blackbird through S-tuner. I used a custom imported file to make this however.

Blackbird 12.jpg

If I were to say, it would actually be faster than the anime/manga version as in 0, & Import tuner challange. it was a final boss car named '???' with the logo being a skull with flames. It could accelerate so fast in both of them! But the max speed I never found out. The Blackbird (Zero) however is more accurate to that of the true blackbird.

I also made a version of Blackbird through S-tuner. I used a custom imported file to make this however.

View attachment 391602
My lord, that thing looks better than the one I did on 3D Tuning. Screw it, I'm already going to throw in my Blackbird.
image.jpg

View attachment 391602
The maximum speed that could be reached in Zero was 250 MPH.

250 MPH is the top speed of ???.

Wow...no wonder it's called Devil Z, thing must be powered by demons to reach those speeds back when the game was released...I never did hang around to test its top speed, I took my bright orange Chaser and body blocked his can until I won...it took me quite a few tries to accomplish that mind you.

it would be cool to have another TXR game, but please don't kill me as i hope there is a kaido battle as well. Just preference, i like the touge stuff more than the wangan

Man I would love for this game to be released, love Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune as is and getting a game like this on next gen would probably make me go for a PS4 :lol:

Few years ago I (obsessively) searched info for that Shutokou Mobile game from 2011 and ended up coming across a ton of art. Here's a few that I saved:

Bloody Mary, Raspberry Kiss, Sorrow Six Star
sbm7.jpg

Rolling Guy (No.1?)
sbmsb8.jpg

Street Gambler
sbm2.jpg

I really like the idea of finally giving at least some of the more notable rivals a "face" and I hope these character designs will make it in the new game.

Few years ago I (obsessively) searched info for that Shutokou Mobile game from 2011 and ended up coming across a ton of art. Here's a few that I saved:

Bloody Mary, Raspberry Kiss, Sorrow Six Star
sbm7.jpg

Rolling Guy (No.1?)
sbmsb8.jpg

Street Gambler
sbm2.jpg

I really like the idea of finally giving at least some of the more notable rivals a "face" and I hope these character designs will make it in the new game.
Since when did Rolling Guys drive Mustangs? Don't they only use Truenos in TXR?

Here's another tweet from Genki. Don't have time for more because I need to go somewhere but this one sounds very interesting.
image.jpg

And the English translation...
image.jpg

Are they talking about hiring voice actors for the next Tokyo Xtreme Racer? Or is this something else? I don't remember TXR having voice actors especially for dialogue.

Last edited:
Since when did Rolling Guys drive Mustangs? Don't they only use Truenos in TXR?

It looks to be a modified AE111 if not anything else. :lol: But I get your point.

This artwork is a good find, thank you @TilDawn :cheers: . I'd never of thought of what the actual drivers look like, it's strange. I always though of the rolling guys to be a bunch of old guys in their 40's or 50's. :lol:

It looks to be a modified AE111 if not anything else. :lol: But I get your point.

This artwork is a good find, thank you @TilDawn :cheers: . I'd never of thought of what the actual drivers look like, it's strange. I always though of the rolling guys to be a bunch of old guys in their 40's or 50's. :lol:
Who knows but it look a lot more like a 2000 Mustang to me. Maybe barely is it even a AE111.
image.jpg

Also more tweets yay!
image.jpg

Look at the TV. Does that look any familiar to you?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The tweet with the soccer field was not posted by Genki and rather someone else who posted it on Genki's twitter page. The image you're seeing on the TV screen in the soccer field was taken directly off the TXR3 intro. IMO it's nowhere close to being a sign that TXR5 is going to get a trailer soon since it wasn't from Genki. Shockingly after translating that tweet in English, the user did not mention it being from TXR3. Not a lot of interesting stuff here. The one above talks about Initial D.

Also the tweet talking about voice actors is unfortunately something else. I'm assuming they are hiring voice actors to a sequel for some JRPG game but could you imagine what if it was for the TXR reboot instead? Imagine TXR with voice acted dialogue. That would be pretty sweet and would love to see Genki pull this off as well as character art for some rivals as stated earlier.

Anyways, that's it for today.

Last edited:
Wow...no wonder it's called Devil Z, thing must be powered by demons to reach those speeds back when the game was released...I never did hang around to test its top speed, I took my bright orange Chaser and body blocked his can until I won...it took me quite a few tries to accomplish that mind you.
And now we have the Tomahawk X and the Redbull X1, the Devil Z is no longer a thing. *Sorry for going off topic*

Also I'm now at Hokkaido on TXRD2. Is it true that I need to win all trophies in order to race Emotional King? Also how do I unlock the 240z in this game?

Can you unlock other stock cars in Import Tuner Challenge? I've seen the Datsun and of course the Trueno, but I can't buy them and don't feel like rolling with the Rolling Guys livery.

Yeah, they used AE86s. I wouldn't worry about their car choice from the mobile game since, well judging from the pics I saved, the other drivers used different cars as well.

Another example is Pursuit Tailgunner. Doesn't appear to be the FC3S he normally drives does it? :lol:

sbm1.jpg

Is there any chance you have all or more of the pictures from this game? I'm interested on what the mobile one was like. :cheers:

Yeah, they used AE86s. I wouldn't worry about their car choice from the mobile game since, well judging from the pics I saved, the other drivers used different cars as well.

Another example is Pursuit Tailgunner. Doesn't appear to be the FC3S he normally drives does it? :lol:

sbm1.jpg
Looks like a Mitsubishi GTO in my eyes although I have absolutely no clue on what that thing is.

With the recent death of my PS2 (may it rest in peace), would I be able to play TXR0 and or 3 on my slim PS3?

If Genki does make a new Xtreme Racer for the current generation, it would be an instant buy for me (assuming it's similar to Zero and 3).

With the recent death of my PS2 (may it rest in peace), would I be able to play TXR0 and or 3 on my slim PS3?

If Genki does make a new Xtreme Racer for the current generation, it would be an instant buy for me (assuming it's similar to Zero and 3).
If it isn't a old fat PS3 with backwards compatibility, it won't work.

If it isn't a old fat PS3 with backwards compatibility, it won't work.
This is what I don't get with the later PS3 models. You can still play PS1 games but then they take away the backwards compatibility for the PS2 games. Was this due to hardware limitations or something? Or was someone on drugs at Sony thought it would be a great idea taking away the PS2 compatibility for the PS3 but leave the PS1 compatibility?

This is what I don't get with the later PS3 models. You can still play PS1 games but then they take away the backwards compatibility for the PS2 games. Was this due to hardware limitations or something? Or was someone on drugs at Sony thought it would be a great idea taking away the PS2 compatibility for the PS3 but leave the PS1 compatibility?
I'm not sure about the PS1 compatibility, but they took out the PS2 compatibility when they slimmed down the PS3. However, you can buy certain PS2 games in the PSN store so... I don't know.

They took it out well before the Slim had released. It consumed a fair chunk of space in the console so it was better to have it removed.

I just went back to Genki's twitter page and I saw one tweet where they were actually talking about Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
image.jpg

English translation:
"Once we are playing to try, if we have the sound to read the Giger Giger PS2 from the neighbor of the booth ... # Shutokou 01 final battle # own 遊空 between jiqoo.jp/news/archives/... pic.twitter.com / WcURYQ4kMZ"
image.jpg

This is starting to remind me of how EA was building up to NFS 2015 where they were making posts about the older and more popular NFS games like NFS Underground and Carbon. The more I think about this, the more I think we're getting closer to a teaser for the next TXR game. Also is there really any TXR / Shutokuo Battle game called Shutokuo 01 Final Battle? I forgot. Also this tweet sounds like they're almost ready to announce the next TXR game.

I just went back to Genki's twitter page and I saw one tweet where they were actually talking about Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
View attachment 418476
English translation:
"Once we are playing to try, if we have the sound to read the Giger Giger PS2 from the neighbor of the booth ... # Shutokou 01 final battle # own 遊空 between jiqoo.jp/news/archives/... pic.twitter.com / WcURYQ4kMZ"
View attachment 418477

This is starting to remind me of how EA was building up to NFS 2015 where they were making posts about the older and more popular NFS games like NFS Underground and Carbon. The more I think about this, the more I think we're getting closer to a teaser for the next TXR game. Also is there really any TXR / Shutokuo Battle game called Shutokuo 01 Final Battle? I forgot. Also this tweet sounds like they're almost ready to announce the next TXR game.

The image is from TXR3, which in Japan is called Shutokou battle 01. :cheers:

Also, I was reading through the most recent posts earlier and I think that they were asking if an online would be best for TXR? (Still, I'm not a very good translator)

Last edited:
Speaking of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, just started playing again since I have access to a PS2 for a few days... What a ****ing grind. Just started and picked the S14 and Osaka.

Terrible idea. It's basically a top speed battle and engine- hell any upgrade is expensive. Especially when your making 700cp a race.

+edit Started a new game at Osaka with the FTO... The course is even smaller. Tokyo seems like it would have been the best choice after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back