Give us better sounds - PLEASE !!

• Thread starter steamcat
  • 4,667 comments
Want to hear some serious backward logic?! So I just heard the Clio RS in GT 6 and it has the most generic GT sound of them all. Like the default sound pd use when they don't have a real sound.

But! All premium cars have newer sounds... So here comes the reverse logic, perhaps the update really will have sounds as they didn't even bother to try and update this car.

I've driven this car on the Nurburgring and it's very loud for a hot hatch, quite unique almost like a mini AMG. So this car of all would be a hard one to overlook.

Want to hear some serious backward logic?! So I just heard the Clio RS in GT 6 and it has the most generic GT sound of them all. Like the default sound pd use when they don't have a real sound.

But! All premium cars have newer sounds... So here comes the reverse logic, perhaps the update really will have sounds as they didn't even bother to try and update this car.

I've driven this car on the Nurburgring and it's very loud for a hot hatch, quite unique almost like a mini AMG. So this car of all would be a hard one to overlook.
Yeah, unfortunately we have to put our hopes on future updates.
Really disappointing if we have to swallow shifter vacuum cleaners once again.

@Lawndart
That's exactly the kind of reasoning (after a bit of poking around in the game with my ears) that led me to suspect that PD were working on generating sounds in an entirely new way.
Of course, we've not heard them yet; and PD could make a liar out of me yet!

Thumbs up for reverse logic

GTplanet should start writing up reviews for the game. We need actual unbiased fans to play, play some more, and then analyze the games to extents that big video game sites don't reach. And then it should be posted on the news blog.

I heard the Clio, too, and it sounds so bad.

Last edited:
Oh my god this is unacceptable. That Huayra sounds just like a Gallardo with some classic PD vacuum mix in it. I wonder if the Supra still sounds the same. We can only hope that they can give us better sound in a massive update soon.

Look PD need to get two guys at random named John and Hank, these lowly misfits will know sounds like no other and shall trek the world over to sample cars for GT here on out. They will do so in the name of the fans and for the memories and we'll be given hero status. These ruffed up men will have sound engineering degrees unknown to the rest of the world, and will look like vagabonds of the wisest pedigree.

Too bad this will never happen

Well, we're starting to get direct feed stuff now and it's obvious that very little has changed.

I guess we're still hanging out for this sound update, although I don't see what they're going to be able to do in the next 12 months that they haven't been able to do in the past 8 years.

I HIGHLY doubt of this, but the day 1 patch still hasnt been released. Maybe there will be some improvements then. Like I said, highly doubtful though, but still a chance. At this point though, all I can say is oh well.

Unsurprisingly, it's those carburettors that define the onboard sound of the real car. PD don't have samples (in the old / "placeholder" format) to cover that, because they don't have intake sounds at all. They do record it (now), they just haven't been converting those recordings into the old format, only the new one.

Without the intake sound to balance it, the exhaust sound of any car can become a bit anaemic (without resorting to excess rasp etc.). But I don't think GT6's 365 (nice typo in the video title :P) has an accurate exhaust sound either.

Still we wait.

Unsurprisingly, it's those carburettors that define the onboard sound of the real car. PD don't have samples (in the old / "placeholder" format) to cover that, because they don't have intake sounds at all. They do record it (now), they just haven't been converting those recordings into the old format, only the new one.

Without the intake sound to balance it, the exhaust sound of any car can become a bit anaemic (without resorting to excess rasp etc.). But I don't think GT6's 365 (nice typo in the video title :P) has an accurate exhaust sound either.

Still we wait.
They should urgently get their act together.

C'mon that's pure exaggeration. It's this kind of hyperbole and inaccuracy that really :censored:People off. Everyone knows it's the "chop ice" setting that PD uses:lol:

Sorry sorry, I obviously have my blender settings backwards. Thanks Johnny for setting me straight. 👍

They should urgently get their act together.

You mean the same act they've been trying to get together for the past 10-15 years?

In that GT6 Ferrari vid, i tried to figure out which sample the diablo got....could not make it out though. Clearly the soundupgrade Kaz mentioned "might not be there day one" didn't make it.

Well, still adding the V10 enginesounds to the V12 cars is just poor from PD. (they could at least take the V12 sample from their Mclaren F1 or VW nardo W12, hell even the cinzeta got a V12 sample)

Just checked in another GT6 video....the aventador also still is V10 sampled. 👎

Last edited:
I really don´t care about tuning, livery editor or standarts. But i do care about horrible AI, idiotic rabbit chasing (or in PD´s therms, racing) and of course about sounds. And my god are they BAD. It really hurts me to hear that they have done absolutely NOTHING to improve them. I really hope that they will be bitten right in the ass from all major site reviewers for not adressing any of theese issues since GT5!

*goes to drive Imprezza around Bathurst in NFS Shift 2, because he just can´t use it in GT5 because of the sound*

Based on what I've heard/seen so far, and I admit its a tiny sample, I'm pretty sure I haven't heard a new sound sample on any new car. If someone has a sample of a new car that actually sounds close to it's real life counterpart let's see it. You can change the sound engine all you want and maybe that's coming in a future update or maybe it's GT7 or maybe Kaz is sitting in his boardroom or his GT-R saying, "Wow, I can't believe these guys put up with these crappy sounds for 15 years and actually believe it when I say it's coming soon:lol:", but if you aren't even doing sound recording on new models what's the point of a new sound engine?

You mean the same act they've been trying to get together for the past 10-15 years?
The very same.
or maybe it's GT7 or maybe Kaz is sitting in his boardroom or his GT-R saying, "Wow, I can't believe these guys put up with these crappy sounds for 15 years and actually believe it when I say it's coming soon:lol:"
I fear this will be the case, but meanwhile he got a lot of us like these fellas below again with the "maybe-patch":

wagging_tails.jpg

Latest Posts

Back