Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Another option if you have the money is to buy the car, and use it in arcade mode, time trial, so at least then it does not re-set when you make a mistake, so you can get more used to the car and all of the track, not just turn 1/2 ;)
use it on some small tracks also to get used to the speed, and handling.

3 miliseconds. 31.997, with DS3 (if I remember correctly, 32 seconds was for gold). Also, it was the first time I succesfully completed it, after many many tries. With some aids on.

29 something with DS3 and apparent room for improvement. I just had to turn race sound effects off and run auto, the car sounds horrible. Focus on completing it cleanly not quickly, then gradually increase your speed with each successive run.

29 something with DS3 and apparent room for improvement. I just had to turn race sound effects off and run auto, the car sounds horrible. Focus on completing it cleanly not quickly, then gradually increase your speed with each successive run.

The sound was horrible? lol, that RedBull is the only car in GT6 that have a real sound of a car... go figure out.

The sound was horrible? lol, that RedBull is the only car in GT6 that have a real sound of a car... go figure out.

I said it sounds horrible, not unrealistic. But since you bring up realistic car sounds, what car does it sound like? I know it doesn't sound like the real version of it because there is none. This isn't a rhetorical question either. People constantly complain about cars not sounding right but then choose not to cite examples; or if they do, they post a YouTube video of someone capturing a Top Gear rerun on their smartphone. Stop using TV speakers and get a decent soundsystem, and then use stock exhaust to make comparisons.

But hey, this is a discussion about the difficulty of the task and not the 3411th thread covering vehicle sound inaccuracies. The only reason I brought up sound was due to the fact that it made the TASK more DIFFICULT for me, but you took it out of context so that you could voice a complaint that you have undoubtedly beaten to death already in other threads. How about we keep this discussion about what it is and not what we want it to be?

Oh yeah, no textspeak.

I said it sounds horrible, not unrealistic. But since you bring up realistic car sounds, what car does it sound like? I know it doesn't sound like the real version of it because there is none. This isn't a rhetorical question either. People constantly complain about cars not sounding right but then choose not to cite examples; or if they do, they post a YouTube video of someone capturing a Top Gear rerun on their smartphone. Stop using TV speakers and get a decent soundsystem, and then use stock exhaust to make comparisons.

But hey, this is a discussion about the difficulty of the task and not the 3411th thread covering vehicle sound inaccuracies. The only reason I brought up sound was due to the fact that it made the TASK more DIFFICULT for me, but you took it out of context so that you could voice a complaint that you have undoubtedly beaten to death already in other threads. How about we keep this discussion about what it is and not what we want it to be?

Oh yeah, no textspeak.

You're the only one complaining about the sound of the RedBull X1 (lol x2)

You're still not getting it. I only stated it as a reason for one of my tactics for completing the task. I see that you still choose to not back your claims, though, and textspeak still isn't allowed. You can reply to this if you like, but I've given the advice that I have and have absolutely no intention whatsoever of returning to this thread; I'll ask you kindly to not message me.

You're still not getting it. I only stated it as a reason for one of my tactics for completing the task. I see that you still choose to not back your claims, though, and textspeak still isn't allowed. You can reply to this if you like, but I've given the advice that I have and have absolutely no intention whatsoever of returning to this thread; I'll ask you kindly to not message me.

So your tactic consisted in muting the RedBull X1 for the goodwood event to achieve gold? Are u okay?

So your tactic consisted in muting the RedBull X1 for the goodwood event to achieve gold? Are u okay?
Actually I did that as well. I love the X cars but thought I might concentrate more if I left the sound off and after a few tries it worked.

Did it in about one hundred thousand attempts.

All aids on, default sensitivity, tv volume muted.

Make sure to get a time on the board no matter how slow so you have something to race against.

Just put ABS on 10, switch ASM on and TC at 5. That's what I had I think. Think this was also the advice for the X2010 challenges in GT5, to put the ABS on 10. Seems to still be working. :) I had steering sensitivity on 6 I think.

Using the DS3 after 30-45 minutes I managed to get gold with 2 seconds to spare, no assists, except ABS 1, steering input on -2. It was also the first time I was able to set on the event. PD really eased up the tests comparing to GT5, I wasnt expecting gold.

The car is really hard to drive on the DS3, you need a delicate and precise steering inputs, you will be able to go faster if you manage to be more accurate with the steering. The hardest thing for me was not hitting the wall on the tight parts.

I use a 360 Wired controller for Windows and a USB adaptor. Gold, all driving aids off. Took a while (20-30 min,) LOTS of swearing. It was definitely the hardest of the bunch. I'll probably never do it again as it just wasn't enjoyable. Many of the other cars though were a lot of fun at Goodwood.

Sark

I use a DFGT wheel and I got gold after 5-6 tries. I didn't think it was too bad after I got used to the handling. I imagine using a controller makes it a thousand times more difficult. I'm not a great driver, but I got gold in every Goodwood event with just a few tries. I still can't handle the Jr in the Red Bull Challenge, but I can control the X1 :D

I hate this car with a vengeance! :grumpy: Just can't drive it - with a DS3 or my G27 - can barely get around the first corner let alone finish the run. :dunce: Can gold everything else easily - this car just has me psyched out! :lol:
I'm sure if I took the time to adjust me driving style I could do it - but I just can't be bothered for now.

when i did it, i couldn't even get through a run without hitting a barrier. i had the first sector down to a fine art.
but the first time i finished a run, i got gold by .02 of a second. that'll do.

i agree with everybody when they say the wanted to rage quit. :lol:

I can't do it on DS3, drives me mad !

I am being denied a full house of golds by a made up car in "The Real Driving Simulator"

It just takes a soft touch. I golded it with the controller. I took a few tries but it wasn't more than 20 minutes or so.

Did it in about five tries. G27, no abs, no tcs, etc, and got 29 seconds-ish. The thing is crazy.

Me too, only it took me 15 tries. I was afraid I had shot myself in the foot when I missed the Gold time by .007 seconds, but I kept trying and got Gold by .5 seconds I think. People overestimate the difficulty of that challenge but I used the X2011 a LOT in GT5 A-spec to get cheap wins so I think I knew ahead of time how the car handles and how much downforce it has.

I found the 4th and 5th rounds of Goodwood to be surprisingly easy compared to the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It helped a lot that round 5 used high-downforce race cars. I only needed a single try to Gold 5-2 with no aids.

The good thing is that the gold time is relatively forgiving, so you can make slight mistakes and still finish under the target time.

I know I grazed barriers a few times that I thought would have DQ'd me, but they didn't. It still takes away valuable time, but On the last big left I always bump the barriers and I still got gold.

I was no good with this car in GT5 and nothing has changed for number 6! But I wasn't going to let it put me off, DS3 or not! I deliberatley started very slowly and I honestly don't mind admiting I used all what the game had to offer me - active steering mild, TC on 1, SRF on, ASM on, ABS 3, sensitivity -2. By going slowly it got me used to the reactions of it on such a narrow track. Unfortunatley there's no other track in the game that offers such a narrow run to get you used to it plus you really need to referance your braking points - the 'Ring or any other track can't do that for you because in this car every braking point you did in the other tests is thrown out the window! Then little by little I started using more speed on the straights and after a run or 2 bronze appeared. I knew I could better it so using the same technique and the ghost line gradualy my corner speed increased and along came silver. Then finaly after another half hour the gold came - but literaly only by a couple of tenths of a second!

Back