Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Seriously 🤬 this bull:censored: challenge. It took 200+ attempts and almost made me throw my controller out the window. However I did manage to get an impressive 29.265 time!

guess OP didn't use this car much in GT5 lol. i got it first try by over 2secs on gold. but then again im using a wheel, can only imagine how retarded it must be with controller.

i was more disappointed in the sound. heard a bunch of people saying they updated the sound for this but mine still sounded terrible :(

Wow glad to see I wasn't the only one. Also great to see I'm actually faster than any video posted so far up until turn 4 where I slow down to avoid hitting the barriers :D

guess OP didn't use this car much in GT5 lol. i got it first try by over 2secs on gold. but then again im using a wheel, can only imagine how retarded it must be with controller.
I bronze'd all 3 challenges within 2 hours with the DS3 and called it a day. I didn't want to drive it a lot because it hurts my driving when I jump into another car. Driving a 430 Scuderia after the X10 felt like driving a truck.

Finally managed it. Pure evil thing, 30.286 was my time. DS3, had to leave traction control on cuase i frikkin hate the X cars

Took about 20-30 attempts to actually cross the line, can't remember the time but it was a silver. So another 20 goes later and I get about the same. Mostly I'm either running off at the second corner, or at the tight left hander, or, it's barrier collision at the right left jink next to the wall. So I'm having to be too conservative.

Using a DS3 and bumper cam, what camera are you guys using?
external camera view, with controller. I had the steering sensitivity all the way to 7, took me what seemed like a million tries but ended up with a 29 second time

Its not... difficult on the controller.
You just have to understand the car produces boats loads of down force compared to anything else. Making the turning ultra precise and very unstable when in contact with the grass.

In all honesty, playing Ace Combat and flying planes in Battlefield and GTA is what I thank for passing it on the controller. I hate the car in general but wanted the R8 Race Car next level.

I needed a few tries to get the first few corners, and the 4th corner, the right over the crest into the left going up hill was the hardest trying to keep the car on the track. But once that was sorted I took another few tries to reach the top (Walls where like buildings and mountains in fighter pilot mode ;) lol) and I missed out in under a second going easy enough.
So add it all together and know being in front of my ghost at all would win me the challenge and after another 3, Boom. Gold and a nice shiny Citreon to sell :)

Already got gold on this one. It's way easier than the X2010 challenge in GT5, but it still took some time to get used to the power again. I used all aids off except ABS at 1 and steering sensitivity at 7. And by the way, I used the D-pad on the DS3 for this one.

Anyone else struggle more with the Lancia Stratos hill climb? The 🤬 thing just wants to slide round every corner backwards.

Anyone else struggle more with the Lancia Stratos hill climb? The 🤬 thing just wants to slide round every corner backwards.

Na I struggled with the Alfa the most haha

Was dreading this but actually done it in about 5 attempts (on a wheel) so not bad overall.

No aids and or racing line for me, but I'll have to try it again tonight starting in 2nd gear and see if it does any better! :)
I start in 3rd gear, seems fastest and easiest way to get good start. I used also no aids apart from SRF which is forced on.

Here is my video of my fastest lap (23.905) at this event with multiple views in glorious 480p:

Gave up after 3 tries with DS3. In GT5 I did the Vettel challenge Gold 6 times using a wheel, 5 times were for friends who gave up. At the end I could do all three tracks gold in under 45 minutes.

A couple gold Super Licenses left to do with DS3 in GT6, so the wheel has not been needed up to now.

Guess I have to dig out the old wheel.

This is like double speed. I could barely get the challenges on normal speed so this is quite difficult.

EDIT: First time across the line I got 31.057

currently crying

EDIT: Just got 30.986

still crying

Also I was using DS3. There is still hope

Last edited:
Took about 20-30 attempts to actually cross the line, can't remember the time but it was a silver. So another 20 goes later and I get about the same. Mostly I'm either running off at the second corner, or at the tight left hander, or, it's barrier collision at the right left jink next to the wall. So I'm having to be too conservative.

Using a DS3 and bumper cam, what camera are you guys using?

I am a DS3 and bumper cam user and got 27.x (probably high 27). I don't think that's the limiting factor (though controller definitely is one), it's about driver style - first time I crossed the line was after an hour (so I guess about 100+ attempts) and was that 28- sec time. I had the exact same collision points as you, so that's probably a good sign if you are willing to keep at it.

I am a DS3 and bumper cam user and got 27.x (probably high 27). I don't think that's the limiting factor (though controller definitely is one), it's about driver style - first time I crossed the line was after an hour (so I guess about 100+ attempts) and was that 28- sec time. I had the exact same collision points as you, so that's probably a good sign if you are willing to keep at it.

My problem is that I simply can't turn the nose of a car in that hard, as hard as you can with the X models, without automatically counter steering, because in every other car I've driven in GT for the last 15 years, that much turn in, would lead to the back end stepping out. Consequently, I turn OUT of every bend at aboujt the time I should be apexing!!! I know I'm doing it, but I can't help it!

30.442 so far, gonna attempt to get gold tomorrow and then gold the last 2 and then I'll have finished Goodwood

I can't drive the X2010/11/14 for crap. I can never run a good lap with those. I got a 26.565 on my 2nd try and called it quits. It sounds amazing though. :drool:

This challange is not even close to the ones we had in GT5 Vettel Challange. Pretty easy...as all the other races. :S

The x2011 Goodwood challenge is very easy. I crashed and had to restart several times but when I crossed the line the first time, I got gold by 2 seconds !
It is very different from the Vettel challenges in GT5.

It is the same thing for licenses: Very easy compared to previous Gran Turismo games.

It is a bit sad. Struggling to get gold licenses was part of the discovery process of previous games.
Now that they are mandatory again im glad there easy,not all of us need to be trained how to play GT every go around,a simple skip around a track for a gold is fine with me VS constantly restarting(im always anal,I have to get gold or it bugs me : /)

29.257 with a DS3, threw the controller and threatened to kill those guys at the beginning a couple times :lol:

Back