Google says GT7 will be released in 2016. :D

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 91 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
Google says GT7 will be released in 2016, how did they get this info?

Screenshot_2015-08-24-22-15-35.png

I did, but GT7 doesn't have any official images yet. So I wrote that off for now.
And it also doesn't have an official release date, so why do you think a Google result that's obviously based off numerous click bait sites is right?

...:odd:

A definite proof that Google ♥ GTP... :P
No. The date is based off numerous reports by click bait sites, the general understanding it's being released in '16 or '17 and maybe GTPlanet. It doesn't prove that Google loves one site more than another.

How did they get the info? They crawled Wikipedia, where the GT7 article is full of speculation presented as if they were established facts.

How did they get that info? Perhaps because Kaz himself said that 2017 is too long to expect people to wait?

Nope, they got it straight from Wikipedia. There is a tag that says "Release date" and whatever is in that tag is what Google will use. Up until about five minutes ago the tag said 2016.

Edit: You'll probably notice that Google also lists Kaz as a designer, when in fact he is a producer. That's also because the Wikipedia article was incorrect, and Google just grabs the info from Wikipedia without verifying it.

Nope, they got it straight from Wikipedia. There is a tag that says "Release date" and whatever is in that tag is what Google will use. Up until about five minutes ago the tag said 2016.

I was just pointing out that this was already known about on this site so it doesn't matter what Google does or doesn't do.

I was just pointing out that this was already known about on this site so it doesn't matter what Google does or doesn't do.

A 2016 release isn't known, it's speculation. But yes, it doesn't matter what Google says in this case, because the information is based on the same speculation.

I think it's just simply following the 3 year release date cycle from GT5 to GT6; if GT6 took 3 years, then GT7 should too.

Jerome

dear PD and Sony, please consider also releasing on PC platform.

you won't lose sales, in fact, you will at least quadruple them.

no matter, I look forward to the late Dec 2016 release, just in time for the next Sony online outage that will be blamed on the Interview part to or other.

the greatest feature I look forward to, is photo realistic tracks, and a complete sound overhaul.

I'll accept the same car lineup as GT5 and GT6, only if the above can be met.

Highly doubtful. Like, Mt. Everest levels of high.

That Google result is just doing what Google tends to do: pull info from Wikipedia. It's working off no more knowledge than what we've already got here.
Haha I know, but It's interesting that it says 2016. GameStop probably says 2016 too. :)

Great... Because PD refuses to keep their fans informed about GT7, Google is now our new source for upcoming GT titles, even though there's no solid evidence of GT7 coming in 2016..... :rolleyes:

*Sighs*

I think it's just simply following the 3 year release date cycle from GT5 to GT6; if GT6 took 3 years, then GT7 should too.

Jerome

Google's knowledge graph does not try to predict the future, it just collects, selects and publishes data found elsewhere on the internet. In this case it's from Wikipedia.

Great... Because PD refuses to keep their fans informed about GT7, Google is now our new source for upcoming GT titles, even though there's no solid evidence of GT7 coming in 2016..... :rolleyes:

*Sighs*

Google isn't a source, it's just a messenger. In this case it's the fanbase feeding itself with news, kind of as if you would write down a guess you made in your diary, and then use the diary as a source to support the guess you made. It's an information short-circuit.

Google's knowledge graph does not try to predict the future, it just collects, selects and publishes data found elsewhere on the internet. In this case it's from Wikipedia.

Google isn't a source, it's just a messenger. In this case it's the fanbase feeding itself with news, kind of as if you would write down a guess you made in your diary, and then use the diary as a source to support the guess you made. It's an information short-circuit.

Yea, or that too.

Jerome

I knew what the joke was. But I was more concerned by the fact you think a result on Google is more reliable then something coming from PD themselves. And the joke wasn't funny either.

Back