Google says GT7 will be released in 2016. :D

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 91 comments
10707934_10152408174337781_338181063_n.jpg

I was in Target last week and they were selling preorder cards for FM6 and on the card it said scheduled release December 2015. Apparently Target knows something that Google and Turn 10 don't...

Great... Because PD refuses to keep their fans informed about GT7, Google is now our new source for upcoming GT titles, even though there's no solid evidence of GT7 coming in 2016..... :rolleyes:

*Sighs*
Kaz himself did say that GT7was coming out "before 2017," so unless some miracle happens, that only leaves 2016. It's the most solid info we have to go on right now.

Kaz himself did say that GT7was coming out "before 2017," so unless some miracle happens, that only leaves 2016. It's the most solid info we have to go on right now.

He has also previously said things , many things.

Like this gem for example - GT6's course creator was cutting it close to being included with the game at day one.

It is now day 630...

@Famine has said there's a very good reason for that, but he's not at liberty to say what.

True. We could also mention other unfulfilled promises and targets such as one track per month DLC, the 12 month targeted completion of the VGT project, plus the proposed spring 2015 GT6 FIA Championship alongside this also.

However, GT5 was delayed 15 or 16 times also let's not forget. It took Sonys intervention to actually get that game released if my memory serves me correctly.

Point being, what Kaz says, and how events actually transpire in reality, are more often than not 2 completely different things entirely.

I did, but GT7 doesn't have any official images yet. So I wrote that off for now.
What? And more importantly why?

Kaz has said a lot of things, like the one time he told us about the epic course maker and then said don't worry my friends it will come out in an update though, so still buy my game before then...

When asked where it was a year later, there was silence, same could be said for GT7. Hell there's an entire history of GT games and their delays would you like to open up that old wound?

Google also used to say the world was going to end in 2012. GT7 could come out in 2016 but I would not count on it unless we hear something by the end of 2015.

Kaz has said a lot of things, like the one time he told us about the epic course maker and then said don't worry my friends it will come out in an update though, so still buy my game before then...

When asked where it was a year later, there was silence, same could be said for GT7. Hell there's an entire history of GT games and their delays would you like to open up that old wound?

See my reply to TJC above.

See my reply to TJC above.

Saw it and really it's a cop out due to the justification I've already given. Until it's official that the date given is one in fact set in stone, it's the same type of posturing that has been done throughout the series. The overall take away from this thread is quite simple, just cause a person does a random google search out of curiosity and impatience doesn't mean what they find (good or bad) is true.

Also let's be clear here, that same quote has him saying that the game could possibly be released in one of the two specified years but not absolute. Those years being 2015 and 2016, with '15 undoubtedly not seeing the game, due to the fact that GT6 seems to still be a focus point with VGT and more importantly nothing was presented at any major gaming conference that would implicate GT6 this year. 2016 is similar, but when we look at past GT upcoming titles (pre-GT6) there were efforts to show the game well in advance from it's release, so while this make 2016 also seem a bit unlikely it's clearly not full proof, but neither is following an unsure time quote from the team.

Last edited:

Yeah, the Master Herald is pretty poor, it's probably the most prominent click bait site in regards to Gran Turismo 7. It either recycles news that is reported here, publishes month old news passing it off as exclusive, or vaguely changes their own 'news' reports and attempts to pass it off as a brand new thing. :lol:

Essentially the James Phelphs' of the GT7 reporting world, if we were to put it into a V8SC context. :lol:

What? And more importantly why?

What I find interesting about GT6, and therein the whole course maker debacle, is that the guys from NeoGaf looked through the root files and discovered that Sierra was actually made via GT6s course maker. And how long have we had Sierra now...

Makes me wonder what's really going on in the PD offices.

Didn't Kaz himself say that GT7 is likely to come out sooner than 2017? I don't expect an official announcement of GT7 until early next year, with a release date of late next year, similar to GT6.

Didn't Kaz himself say that GT7 is likely to come out sooner than 2017? I don't expect an official announcement of GT7 until early next year, with a release date of late next year, similar to GT6.
He didn't say it would come out by 2017, he said that fans wouldn't stand for waiting that long or words to that effect.

Unless GT7 is announced at the upcoming TGS (which i highly doubt, as afaik none of the earlier GT's have been announced there), don't count on the game being released before the end of 2017, though i think 2018 is more likely, given PD's current track record.

We may see a GT7P though in 2016 though.

Unless GT7 is announced at the upcoming TGS (which i highly doubt, as afaik none of the earlier GT's have been announced there), don't count on the game being released before the end of 2017, though i think 2018 is more likely, given PD's current track record.

We may see a GT7P though in 2016 though.
Wait so because they aren't releasing it at 1 particular event they won't release it until 2017/2018?

What if they, you know, held their own event again or just released a few trailers around the end of this year?

What I find interesting about GT6, and therein the whole course maker debacle, is that the guys from NeoGaf looked through the root files and discovered that Sierra was actually made via GT6s course maker. And how long have we had Sierra now...

Makes me wonder what's really going on in the PD offices.
Hopefully they are working their :censored:es off on GT7. Hopefully.

More realistically they are doing Nurburgring endurance races :grumpy:

Whatever source that release date comes from, I wouldn't trust it that much, especially since it shows a GT6 image there. If the game does come out in 2016, it probably wouldn't be till the end of the year. I'm betting on the game coming out in 2017, though I wouldn't rule out a late 2016 release.

Latest Posts

Back