Gordini at Gr.x is total BS.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Pururut, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Pururut

Pururut

I know its not really a street car but when Vulcan and Sfr racing concept at n class it doesnt make any sense.

Gordini should be an N class car not Gr.x.

LeGeNd-1, ZRO, Voodoovaj and 10 others like this.
  2. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

And we have a classic Mini and a 356 that I'm pretty sure are somewhat competition spec.

Voodoovaj, Loverson, Pedinhuh and 4 others like this.
  3. Pururut

Pururut

Yep. Pd logic as finest.

Castrol96, Draggon, JayRS200 and 5 others like this.
  4. kembro

kembro

Yep I can't understand it either. It should be in the same class as the 356. It is an amazing little car for its hp, along the lines of Lotus tradition.

Gordini or The Sorcerer, was a master tuner at the time, being an ex F1 driver and engineer. He teamed up with Simca to make an F1 car, before working with Renault and forming his own tuning division, now a part of Renault Sport.

Driving it for me has a bit of a feel of an old F1 car with the well balanced rear engine and great handing.

5. MIE1992

MIE1992

I wonder if it's something to do with street legality?

I've also had a hypothesis for some time that the S-FR Racing Concept and Vulcan would be put into Gr.X if they were added to the game today. But I think the two were in the N-Series at launch because PD wasn't 100% sure where to place them, and I think this is also why the Vulcan is "dumbed-down," in a sense. And this would be why the Zonda R and P1 GTR were put in Gr.X when they were added. I'm unsure if PD can retroactively change the class of a car, either. But yeah, I think the Vulcan and S-FR Racing Concept would be put into Gr.X if the category system in GTS returns in the next game.

As for the R8 Gordini, I'm not entirely sure if it was street legal, whereas I think the Porsche 356 and the Mini Cooper S may be in the N-series due to their street-legal status.

ProjectF likes this.
  6. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

I think the S-FR would fit more realistically as a Group 4.

7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It was road legal, built as a rally car.

Voodoovaj and ShiftingGears like this.
  8. Volksauto

Volksauto

It was classified as a race car in GT6 so it makes total sense why it's in Gr.X but it really shouldn't belong there.

CallawaySS likes this.
  9. Beezer215

Beezer215

The lack of common sense portrayed in the decision making for this title is beyond mind numbing.
    Who is approving these decisions? Is this all Kaz himself or is it just a cluster eff?

Draggon, JayRS200 and VBR like this.
  10. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

BuT kAz Is A pErFeCtIoNiSt

11. Sander 001

Sander 001

It would’ve taken work for PD to test and determine out all the BoP values :boggled:

12. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

The R8 Gordini is a perfectly street legal car. It's the very same sort of car as the 356 we have in game. The fact it was classified as a race car in GT6 already amde no sense. You see them driving on public roads with license plates all the time (well, not anymore, they've became quite a rare sight nowadays since they went really high up on value but I used to spot them regularly as a kid).

Yes, they were rally / race ready (there was even a monotype cup with these, which saw most of the best french drivers of the old times competing as rookies), but they're just road cars with a tuned engine and a piece of roll cage, like a modern day GT3 RS.

13. MIE1992

MIE1992

My other hypothesis was that even if it was street-legal, perhaps there was some other factor that put it into Gr.X, likely to do with balancing issues. Maybe there’s something about the R8 Gordini that makes it hard enough to balance with other N100 cars insofar that it was placed into Gr.X.

14. Volksauto

Volksauto

Maybe. But the Fiat 500F has 16 horsepower and that somehow makes it N100 even though it's literally impossible to win any races with it.

15. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

1) N classes are unbalanced by design
    2) The R8 Gordini could be a close match to the 356 without any BoP (still has to be thoroughly tested). With BoP I can even see the old Mini thrown into the mix.

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  16. snowgt

snowgt

Having the Gordini in GrX is a really bad idea. That group is for either road cars that have some quality that prevents them from being properly BoP’d, like EV’s or hybrids with a high electric capacity, or for race cars that don’t fit into one of the existing classes. The Gordini can definitely be BoP’d in N-classes, and it’s road legal, so that’s where it should be.

Actually, the same is true for a car like the 250GTO. Just saying.

ShiftingGears likes this.
  17. The Cake

The Cake

its the ai :)

Beezer215 likes this.
  18. OJT6627

OJT6627

Gordini at Gr.x is total BS.

Fixed

No, seriously. I understand why Chapparal 2X or Tomahawk X are in Gr.X. Okay, fair enough

But some cars being in Gr.X is just taking away the fun. Nissan VGT is essentially a boosted GT-R with KERS, yet i can't race it in anything else than One Make races (unless one of the 5 GT League events or Open Lobby)

There are many cars in the class that deserve a better treatment IMO

at1503, Pururut, Sage Ages and 4 others like this.
  19. eran0004

eran0004

The R8 is a rally car and the 250GTO is a race car. They don’t belong to the N class. I’m sure they could be BoP’d to fit reasonably well though.

20. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

No it's not. It's a road legal car that has been entered in rally and circuit racing. there was a R8 Gordini Cup in France, first in rally, then on circuit, which is famous for being the first racing experience of many notorious french drivers. It was popular litterally because you could literally enter with your daily driver, and tuning was actually prohibited :

Johan and Voodoovaj like this.
  21. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

I honestly wonder if we could do something about this. One of us should try reaching out to Kaz, because this has to be the most wasted potential of a car in the game. The R8 Gordini would have been absolutely phenomenal in N100.

22. eran0004

eran0004

No, it’s definitely a rally car. And rally cars are generally road legal, even group B monsters.

23. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

No, Group B cars that ran in actual rally events are not road legal, which is why they built road legal versions of them which were not used in races. Renault has sold exactly 11,607 R8 Gordini as road cars. There were not 11,607 R8 Gordini racing. You could see them all the time on public roads when they weren't worth 40k. 100% road car - unless you consider a Mégane or Clio RS as a rally car that should be put in Gr.X as well.

Also the video I posted literally has Amédée Gordini saying the cars being raced are road cars.

Johan likes this.
  24. Beezer215

Beezer215

Asinine Intelligence for sure. :crazy:

Are you seriously doing this? It's a road car that was entered into rally. Are you trying to defend putting a car in Gr. X? I've heard of playing devil's advocate but come on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_8_and_10

GT_Alex74 likes this.
  25. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I'll test the R8 later or tomorrow at Tsukuba and we'll see how it does.

GT_Alex74 likes this.
  26. daan

daan Moderator

Yes, they are. Rally cars are driven on public roads between stages and service parks. They have to be registered and road legal.

Note how all of these cars have number plates.

8-Renault-5-Rally-Car-Group-B.jpg 22_Group_B-1.jpg banned-race-cars-7a.jpg ford-rs200-group-b-wrc.jpg PFA763.jpg

And Marcus Gronholm was stopped from continuing in Rally GB one year as the police wouldn't allow his 3 wheeled car to be driven on the public roads.

27. snowgt

snowgt

What belongs or doesn't belong to the N-class is simply a matter of (arbitrary) definition. In my opinion one goal should be to give every car the best chance of being used competitively against opposition of similar speed. Of course, the N-class seems to be the road car class (I'll not go into PD's decision to put the S-FR Racing Concept in there), but you could make the argument that both the Gordini and the 250GTO were perfectly street legal and if you so wanted in the 60s, you could drive them on their own set of wheels to a race and home again. They also didn't use slicks in those days (even in races), which is reflected in the default tyres in the game (SM for the Gordini, SS for the 250GTO).

For me, that's a strong case for assigning them to N-class and not to Gr.X. It's not a matter of being right ("But, but...they were race cars!!!"), but of what's best for the game.

Johan and Beezer215 like this.
  28. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

All rally (not rallycross) cars have to be road legal because they have to be driven on road between special stages. That's what rallying is.
    Not saying that the Gordini shouldn't be N class though. It's just mad PD logic. I tried it in the French series in the campaign and it performs well stock at well below the N100 power limit. But because it's clasified as GR.X you don't get the car handicap bonus.

Edit - Beaten to it by Daan.

daan likes this.
  29. snowgt

snowgt

That all rally cars have to be road legal has already been mentioned. Just wanted to add that the reason they built road versions was in the regulations, i.e. that you had to build a certain number of cars for homologation, and it made no sense to build e.g. 250 actual rally cars. Therefore they built 250 slightly nerfed versions instead.

Rest about the Gordini is certainly true.

30. eran0004

eran0004

No, group B homologation is not because there needed to be a road legal version of the car, it’s because a certain number of cars needed to be produced.

The rally cars had to be road legal because they drove on public roads between the special stages. That’s why you see license plates on these cars.