Gran Premio de España Emirates 2018Formula 1 

I also believe the change in tyre construction is not a good thing for Ferrari, but I don't believe we can blame this result on the tyres. I'm a Ferrari fan who's been waiting for a title for years now, but I don't believe they deserve anything if they keep making calls like this. What a disaster. Throwing away a second place finish on a track where overtaking is really really hard and risking ending behind Verstappen in fourth is just... dumb :( Baku was a minor setback and I had high hopes for this season but all of that is gone now.
It’s a long season and this is only the second time the Ferrari’s looked like the second best car.

I think there is still life in them yet and I don’t think Mercedes have gotten ontop if their car quite yet. Also, Bottas is putting himself into contention for the title will help Vettel as it’ll split the Merc points

Regarding Merc/Ferrari again... Mercedes was 0,6 up on Ferrari in Q3 in AUS... struggled in other quallies, but in Bahrain and China Bottas was up there in the race, it's not like Ferrari was dominating, just Merc struggling for one lap pace. Was it the tire change that brought them one lap improvement? Maybe. But based on Australia and pre-season testing I would say that Merc got a better car and once they can unlock its potential on regular basis, they will walk the championship. Add Ferrari mistakes (China/today/sort of Baku), luck (China/kinda Baku) and Vettel's mistake in Baku and you have probably lost a championship.

It’s a long season and this is only the second time the Ferrari’s looked like the second best car.

I think there is still life in them yet and I don’t think Mercedes have gotten ontop if their car quite yet. Also, Bottas is putting himself into contention for the title will help Vettel as it’ll split the Merc points

Don't get me wrong, I still believe they built a good car. I just don't believe that having a good car alone is enough to win both titles. You need to be able to minimize the damage in races where your car is second best. Getting behind Magnussen after the first pit stop was bad enough. I haven't seen the lap times for Vettel and Magnussen before the pit stop but I think the Ferrari should be capable of coming out in front of the Haas with 1 or 2 extra laps.

We all know who was really at fault for the crash at turn 3
Marcus+Ericsson+2018+Formula+One+Season+Car+HM1-wQvBMRNl.jpg

Just thought about it, how come a driver so prone to spinning out, actually likes and wants an oversteery car? I mean c’mon, you can hardly stay on track and you push your team to set that car up to be even more tricky to drive?

If you give me your IP address and any passwords, I should be able to read it.

Link fixed... hadn't realised it had opened the doc from the download cache! :)

He lost it quite innocently, and just tried to save it wrong. It wasn't complete incompetence so I don't see that as an unfair penalty. 10 would have likely been way too much and a ban would be a complete joke

I think that in a series that's supposed to have the best drivers in the world he could reasonably be expected to know that he was off the track and what the effect of planting the throttle would be. If we came across that kind of manouevre in an online lobby we'd put it down to the antagonist being 12, an idiot, or both. There's no excuse for him to have acted the way he did after the spin and it's not overly dramatic to think that if the accident had happened with a few centimetres difference we could have seen far more serious injuries.

I suppose the positive upshot is that HALO has proved itself earlier than we thought it might.

Really disappointed with not only how much slower the Ferrari is on these tyres, but how abysmal their strategy calls were today. Twice they surrendered track position, putting them at risk to either suffer from a poor pitstop or traffic, which they experienced on both of their stops. Bottas was quicker today but there was no indication that he was quick enough to pass Vettel on track. Marcus Ericsson on old tyres couldn't even be overtaken by Sainz on new ones, that's just how Cayalunya has always been.

McLaren weren't too bad today. Alonso was always on the back foot strategy wise, but he managed to take those Super Softs over 20 laps. At another track he might have been able to clear the Sauber sooner and get a hold of Sainz. Still a few upgrades away from being 'best of the rest' and even more away from Red Bull.

Snooze-fest, but I find that to be the case with most of the European tracks (Catalunya being arguably one of the worst). Grosjean needs to go, but honestly I've been shocked he's been a driver for the past 2-3 years. He's aging out, never performs very well and is taking up a seat in a now-reasonable car.

Gosh even the CH4 highlights were boring as anything, gave up in the end and went to get some food!

ok race... happy to see Max on podium!!

but what again is wierd and has to be banned!! the vertial safety car!!

it obviously isnt fair! and its dangerous!

or,do a doubble yellow flag in a corner where is a hazzard !!
or,do a safetycar....

like this drivers will speedup,slow down without warning to others,and are confused to what speed they should keep tyres warm...at 80kmph this wont work!! again !!!!\

ferrari/vettel... hahahahahahahahhhaaaaa!!!

sorry! :D

Spy.

Last edited:
Alexander Rossi and Joseph Newgarden are busy at the ,moment.

And that's it? Aren't there any young driver programs to pick someone from? Would be nice to see a new Andretti, seeing how Liberty wants to make F1 great again in the USA.

And yet, a gearbox penalty, which doesn't take any other driver out of the race*, would have been a harsher penalty.

*in normal circumstances

Grosjean has turned back to his early Lotus self. He's going to be lucky to be racing for the whole season.

I'm curious why I was quoted?

And that's it? Aren't there any young driver programs to pick someone from? Would be nice to see a new Andretti, seeing how Liberty wants to make F1 great again in the USA.

That's a good joke, you might have "luck" looking to Indy lights but those guys aren't great.

Back