Gran Turismo 1 Videos

You are brave to put yourself on video, I could never do this! Yikes, 2+ hours! I'll watch what I can here and there.

I have been playing GT here and there but nothing video-worth lately.

You are brave to put yourself on video, I could never do this! Yikes, 2+ hours! I'll watch what I can here and there.

I have been playing GT here and there but nothing video-worth lately.
Ach I've been doing it for a few years now, I don't mind! :)

I really want to get through the game this time, proper gutted about my save file from my YouTube playthrough!

Due to issues with my old PS3 I lost my GT save & progress through the game, so today on stream I decided to start again!

I didn't watch everything but i maybe got some goosebumps watching this gameplay. Nostalgia.

Last edited:
Ach I've been doing it for a few years now, I don't mind! :)
Maybe because you are young. You are growing up with all this video technology, lots of younger folks put themselves on the internet! It's a foreign concept to me, at 55 years old.

It's the same when I was young, in a way. "Disposable cameras?" my elders would say. "What a travesty! Who takes pictures and then just throws the camera away? :lol: Anyway, I'll watch some more of your video today, as it's slow at my work, and I'm about to eat lunch.

Where the heck is Mouc? :)

I didn't watch everything but i maybe got some goosebumps watching this gameplay. Nostalgia.
That's alright, streams are long, never expect people to go back & watch them!
You're right though, the nostalgia is amazing! 😍

Maybe because you are young. You are growing up with all this video technology, lots of younger folks put themselves on the internet! It's a foreign concept to me, at 55 years old.

It's the same when I was young, in a way. "Disposable cameras?" my elders would say. "What a travesty! Who takes pictures and then just throws the camera away? :lol: Anyway, I'll watch some more of your video today, as it's slow at my work, and I'm about to eat lunch.

Where the heck is Mouc? :)
Agreed with Parnelli! I'd never dare to appear on a vid'! :D
Been a bit away from GT1 these times, don't know exactly why. Maybe I arrive to "my end" of the game. I've managed to do 95% of the challenges I could think of. Was a real pleasure to play this legendary game through adult eyes :)

For some reason I do LOVE a good old green Soarer GT-T and the "Clubman Cup Challenge", which is for me like a short Normal Car Cup: Win it with a full stock 276hp Agreement car.
Here it is, one can see that the Soarer really needs to be pushed to its limits to be fast, I like it :)

Had to use upgrade parts to get poles at qualifying sessions, then removed everything and tried to win races.

Agreed with Parnelli! I'd never dare to appear on a vid'! :D
Been a bit away from GT1 these times, don't know exactly why. Maybe I arrive to "my end" of the game. I've managed to do 95% of the challenges I could think of. Was a real pleasure to play this legendary game through adult eyes :)
It really is great to play again through Adult eyes, even if it is frustrating!

I've been lacking a lot lately with my streams, Gran Turismo especially!
So yesterday I rectified that by doing another GT Stream! Not quite made the same progress as my first one but we've made some progress none the less.
Think I need to spend a bit of cash to get some cars up to scratch for the coming events!

I was back on GT the other day with part 4 of my stream series!
Did a little bit of grinding to gather some cash before taking on the Gran Turismo Cup & the US vs Japan event!

Shoutout to @Mouc for a document you shared in another thread with some setup advice as well as just some general tips. Came in super handy!

Today I did another stream, this time tackling the Japan vs UK & UK vs USA championships.
I then took a stab at the Megaspeed championship before rounding out the stream with the International A Licenses!

Last edited:
Hey!
Glad it helped :cheers:
Nice to see the Griffith (and the Viper GTS) in racing green :)

Thanks to a Youtube chap and his comment recently, I gave another try to win the Normal Car Cup with the Celica GT-Four, but this time versus the NSX, and eventually made it...
With lots of dirty shortcuts, wallrides and "using-the-NSX-as-brakes" . As usual, some would say...

Would be nice to see a good driver doing it clean :)

Hey!
Glad it helped :cheers:
Nice to see the Griffith (and the Viper GTS) in racing green :)

Thanks to a Youtube chap and his comment recently, I gave another try to win the Normal Car Cup with the Celica GT-Four, but this time versus the NSX, and eventually made it...
With lots of dirty shortcuts, wallrides and "using-the-NSX-as-brakes" . As usual, some would say...

I look to you as the good driver in this thread! :D
I'd have no chance!

Last edited:
Rises from the dead
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED
(lol hi~)
Felt bored, might delete later (not)
A mostly clean run by me, being bullied by the AI half the time, with a super close call on CSR5, and a legit winnage at R11
I am rusty as hell. Haven't played GT1 in almost a year, plus i moved to using Duckstation from epsxe (hence the neater look), which means i had to make a fresh save which i immediately golded (and cheated in money because why wouldn't I?) to warm up.

This car's a friggin BOAT somehow. Slow, but i managed.
1-2-2-1-1 btw

Last edited:
:D
"Rise from the dead"... Halloween is coming, you're in the theme ;)

Very good run. You're the good driver I was talking about, indeed :)
It's getting more & more clear, I'll never understand why/how you're so fast at Deepforest. Kind of magic I think.
With 1:08:... at Grand Valley East II, you could keep up/pass the NSX, but the first lap is harsh with the GT-Four. You might have to do it dirty, and you don't want, do you?

Congratulations anyway, now I should edit the Normal Car Cup thread :)

You're the good driver I was talking about, indeed :)
I kinda had the feeling you were talking about me, so i took the bait :P
I try to avoid playing dirty, both for my reputaion here (lol) and because it voids the legitimate-ness of my run. I take these as a challenge hah

Was back on for a little stream yesterday, really didn't make any progress, even struggled a fair bit with the tuned car championship, never completed it.
My driving is definitely not up to standard, can't really blame the Griffith.
Question though, cars like the R33 with the insane amount of power you can give it, is it manageable due to it being 4wd or is it just a monster due to the power?

As Mouc would know, i started playing a beta version Gran Turismo 1.
It has one interesting bug with 4wd cars and their racing flywheels. It causes them to speed up a little :)
here:

and here is a whole Licence B from the beta

be ready for a whole new experience in catch the rabbit races!

Last edited:
Been a while since I cracked on with this, so thought I'd come back again!
Had a proper tough time with the normal car series, but not too bad with the tuned series!

Been a while since I cracked on with this, so thought I'd come back again!
Had a proper tough time with the normal car series, but not too bad with the tuned series!

Normal Cup :)
My first choice every time I fire up the PS2 & GT1, just to see how rusty I got :P

Been a while but here we are;
GT World Cup & a Normal Car attempt in this episode:

Grand Valley 300 was the event of choice for this stream:

26/4/23
Today we tackled the SS Route 11 All-Night Endurance Race 1 & went back to attempt the Normal Cup yet again to try & win it once & for all!

22/5/23
This stream we tackled the SS Route 11 All-Night Endurance Race II event & tried to Gold some license tests

23/5/23
Now that all the events are done it's time to Gold all the license events & complete the game!!

Last edited:
Back