Gran Turismo 1 Videos

1. that's likely because the track IDs for those tracks are the arcade ones (i think), which have closed pits. Should you put the right track ID you could race on END even i'm pretty sure.
I'm interested in this code as i've never found a working one myself. Though i play on PAL...
The one i have only works in time trial :/
2. basically proves that GT1 has the same 2 forms of AI rubberband than GT2, one of which spreads cars by having them rubberband when close to other cars, while the other is rubberband from your position.
3. likely requires replacing the entire data structure making up the opponent in the memory, like in GT2. So car/parts IDs, part settings etc.

I love the idea of missions like this!

1. that's likely because the track IDs for those tracks are the arcade ones (i think), which have closed pits.
I do think like this too, because when you use the 2 players mode (Mem card battle) in "Gran Turismo" mode, you can race against your mate on all tracks (non-reverse) with pits opened :)

Thanks GTRufus and Sub for explanations ;)

I do think like this too, because when you use the 2 players mode (Mem card battle) in "Gran Turismo" mode, you can race against your mate on all tracks (non-reverse) with pits opened :)

Thanks GTRufus and Sub for explanations ;)
And those are exactly the ones we need. With OPEN pits. Seems that they have not been found yet but the good news is that they exist in GT Mode too :)

Imagine a 100-lap endurance race on HSR 🤩😎

1. that's likely because the track IDs for those tracks are the arcade ones (i think), which have closed pits. Should you put the right track ID you could race on END even i'm pretty sure.
I'm interested in this code as i've never found a working one myself. Though i play on PAL...
The one i have only works in time trial :/
2. basically proves that GT1 has the same 2 forms of AI rubberband than GT2, one of which spreads cars by having them rubberband when close to other cars, while the other is rubberband from your position.
3. likely requires replacing the entire data structure making up the opponent in the memory, like in GT2. So car/parts IDs, part settings etc.

I love the idea of missions like this!
Apprechiate it mate :)

I also have the PAL version of this game, but don't have the replacement codes and the lap-code :/
Even if you discover the codes for PAL, its better than nothing :)

It's a long we have no news from Parnelli Bones, hope this run with some close racing & and a good ol' Camaro Z28 will please him as much as it pleased me :)
I have lots to catch up with I see. 👍 Summer is usually the good busy season for car mechanics here in the States, so I haven't had much free time to spend here at GTP. I should get to catch up & comment in these next few weeks.

Nice :)
Thankfully the Impreza is quite limited in top speed!
The SZ-R is excellent in GT 1; one can even win the Tuned Cup with it, and it's not so hard :)

Last edited:
Excellent :)
The Camaro is a blast to drive in this game. And those British vs Japan vs USA opponents are so good looking!

More classical thing: close racing between a good ol' Mark II Tourer V and the 3000GT by TRD (from normal cup) at Deepforest. Had to overtake this rival 6 times during the race :)

Excellent :)
The Camaro is a blast to drive in this game. And those British vs Japan vs USA opponents are so good looking!

More classical thing: close racing between a good ol' Mark II Tourer V and the 3000GT by TRD (from normal cup) at Deepforest. Had to overtake this rival 6 times during the race :)

that was amazing! I'll be skipping this week regarding the driving missions since I am focusing on the License tests in GT2.

Oh thanks, mate ;)
The A.I. does quite a good job with the Supra at DeepForest :)

Some Mitsubishi GTO footage, just because I recently realized I did not drive it a lot, despite it's an over-good car in the game :)
Fully Tuned here, but turbo stage 2 (521hp "only" :D ) against the blue Supra RZ from Tuned Cup:

I hear you gave it the flywheel upgrades, didn't have too much trouble with the induced "lag"? Thankfully you used very short gears

Oh, my bad, forgot to say that I left the "normal" flywheel*. It reduces a bit the turbo lag problem indeed.
But still, a long final & super short ratios are better for this car (the power band is quite restrained, maybe 5500 to 7000rpm?) :)

*Was it in one of your old video that I discover that trick? I think so ;)

GTRufus: It looks like you've done a similar thing to what I did long ago as well. I made my own "mission" by driving a Viper among a field of slower automobiles, but I made sure to wait until they were half-a-lap ahead of me. It's one of the videos I posted early in this thread.

I like how as you passed that final Skyline, your Viper was actually slower! Drafting the thing down the main straight did not matter. :eek: So you had to perform some magic during the curves. Also.... the blue Viper itself. OH how I missed that lovely car in later GTs. Not even in GT5 or 6 can we paint it, and still keep its white stripes as we do so. :(

Mouc: That's fun when some other car (or cars) show up and they've got the same color as me. I just did a race in GT5 in which I was driving a red New Beetle (don't ask) and so was one of the AI drivers. And we battled it out for a couple laps. WHOA that Supra's playing dirty! He just tried to spin Mouc's GTO! That's not right!

Mouc I can tell you haven't given your car a wash in a while, right? :lol: That's one thing I like about the first game, the Car Wash actually makes a difference with that shine. Awesome, looks like you've opened up quite a gap on that Supra RZ. :cheers: Been awhile since I watched one of these; your driving is almost mistake-free.

Last edited:
Let's celebrate the return of Parnelli with a C2 Corvette video :) :

Not so easy to defeat the computer driven Civic which is super nimble in the turns, whereas the overpowered-but-heavy Vette is quite limited with its stock suspension, and a super-high center of gravity :)

And thanks for your kind words!

Man, that Corvette just hums through those turns, even though it's leaning a lot! What tires are you using? Also, do you drive with a wheel or dual shock?

I like this humming 'Vette, despite all its flaws in GT1. Drive it in the automatic gearbox mode, and the computer keeps the engine at very low rpm in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears, and the sound is great :)
I tried to beat that Civic with the full stock Vette, but I couldn't; so I put the Soft/Soft racing tires on for this lil' challenge.

I only use the buttons & D-pads on the Dual Shock controller. I know it's better to use the analog sticks, but hey, I don't have patience to get used to this! And you don't really need those to have fun in GT1 I think:)

Another great American Icon, in full stock mode except SS racing tires (211hp/980kg), versus the same Civic:

Happy New Year Everyone! :)

I am back on Gran Turismo at last!

After having a bad few races before this championship I decided to pick the easy route & take the Viper out for this one.

Haha, Normal Cup with the Viper... Hard cash comming in! Wonder if a NSX would be so easy to beat with a Viper, in real life... Not sure.

MR layout cars battle: the Toyota MR2 defeating the NSX in Normal Cup. Sensitive souls, please abstain, unfair & cheating driving. Grand Valley East has been kind of stressing.

Haha, Normal Cup with the Viper... Hard cash comming in! Wonder if a NSX would be so easy to beat with a Viper, in real life... Not sure.

MR layout cars battle: the Toyota MR2 defeating the NSX in Normal Cup. Sensitive souls, please abstain, unfair & cheating driving. Grand Valley East has been kind of stressing.

In a real life situation I would be taking the NSX all day long! Unleash my inner Senna!

Here's a good one. '97 Mitsubishi Mirage at Trial Mountain. It's just spot race but it's wall-to-wall action all the way through. I just barely squeaked a win.

I love playing the struggling driver! :cheers:

Last edited:
Wonder if a NSX would be so easy to beat with a Viper, in real life... Not sure.
If both cars had their factory power, then yes, the Viper would surely win. In the game though, the NSX is ridiculously difficult to drive! I've driven the real thing several times, they are like high-dollar go karts with their precise handling. :P Granted, I've never pushed my customer's car to Gran Turismo speeds, but I doubt they handle as poorly, unless they're on crap tires of course.

Damn Mouc. Are you defeating that NSX with an MR2???? Holy crap. This is incredible. :cheers:

Yeah I see what you mean about Grand Valley. That's what we call c0ck-blocking in America. Even worse, you are deliberately destroying the Honda's line. Tsk tsk... Still though, your driving is impeccable.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Bones, but this victory of the MR2 isn't really glorious, there's tons of dirty driving used. Some perfect drivers here should win this Normal Cup race in a clean way, I think :)

Already covered by SubManiac, but just for the pleasure to stare at the original design of the GTO, a fight versus the almighty a.I. driven NSX at Grand Valley East :)

If both cars had their factory power, then yes, the Viper would surely win. In the game though, the NSX is ridiculously difficult to drive! I've driven the real thing several times, they are like high-dollar go karts with their precise handling. :P Granted, I've never pushed my customer's car to Gran Turismo speeds, but I doubt they handle as poorly, unless they're on crap tires of course.
Around a track, NSX would beat the Viper unless there is a ridiculously long straight probably.

Back