Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
Oh, that. I never even got bronze in the Viper CC @ Laguna TT never mind getting to that one

I'm very surprised that this thread has received a great amount of participation in a nearly dead sub-forum. Hopefully the next thread involves plenty more competition.

I'm very surprised that this thread has received a great amount of participation in a nearly dead sub-forum. Hopefully the next thread involves plenty more competition.
I really am suprised how many people turned out to the first round.

My time:
IMG_0265.JPG

I used the CTR2 '96

Great combo, but I'm afraid the players using RGT are going to dominate here due to the maximum power difference. Nevertheless, it was a fun drive. :)

I was wondering, how the rest of you clear the first long corner? What kind of approach do you have? I brake before turn-in and then focus on getting the maximum exit speed. In my opinion, the 3400S is the most enjoyable model of the RUF fleet, but it sounds terrible when upgraded with Racing Exhaust - exactly like Toyotas!

RUF 3400S '00 - 1'20.027

2r38it1.jpg

Great combo, but I'm afraid the players using RGT are going to dominate here due to the maximum power difference. Nevertheless, it was a fun drive. :)

I was wondering, how the rest of you clear the first long corner? What kind of approach do you have? I brake before turn-in and then focus on getting the maximum exit speed. In my opinion, the 3400S is the most enjoyable model of the RUF fleet, but it sounds terrible when upgraded with Racing Exhaust - exactly like Toyotas!

RUF 3400S '00 - 1'20.027

2r38it1.jpg
I think the CTR is even worse than the RGT. It has AWD and 800HP when fully tuned. But I think the RGT is still faster

I think the CTR is even worse than the RGT. It has AWD and 800HP when fully tuned. But I think the RGT is still faster
Based on my experience, the CTR2 is brutally fast as long as you have decent skills to control its manners - I never found enough time to explore abilities of its mid-ship 4WD configuration. :)

Based on my experience, the CTR2 is brutally fast as long as you have decent skills to control its manners - I never found enough time to explore abilities of its mid-ship 4WD configuration. :)
I may do a retry with the RGT. I prefer RWD cars as I usually floor it out of corners and expect the rear of the car to slide to help me round the corner. You don't get that in the CTR

I rarely get that sweeper right. I've never worked out the correct line or approach.

I've always loved midship 4WD, so I might give the CTR a go.

Not as many entrants as I expected considering Round 1. Either way only 10.5 hours til the round ends!

Wow. Every event I take one look and think nope. I'm not even gonna bother. I had unbelievable trouble with that 1st turn licence test in the R34. I'll just lurk until a combo that I'm good at comes along.

I have the GT-R R32 S-Tune, the R32 Type M and the Mine's Skyline in my garage.

Why don't you allow the racing versions too?

Back