Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
  • 42,959 views
I have the GT-R R32 S-Tune, the R32 Type M and the Mine's Skyline in my garage.

Why don't you allow the racing versions too?
Racing versions will be available next round
 
This round reminded me of how good the balance between realism and fun in GT3's handling model is. The first corner was tough - as I drive without driving aids, I had to be careful when turning the car with throttle. It gave me some spectacular replay actions though. :)

GT-R34 V-spec II --- 1'14.013

mmsma.jpg
 
I have made my lap time, but I will remain it secret.

@Shahar We're waiting for your lap time. 👍
 
Sorry for double post, but here's my lap time.

DSCF8282.JPG
DSCF8283.JPG
 
I have a problem with my controller. If Ill be able to fix Ill submit a time.
 
I'll probably finish 1st place in this round, I guess... If so, then I would have 9-point lead ahead of Shahar and Marco Lara. Matej would have 5 points and you would have 1 point, Jason.

No offense, but just saw that Marco Lara and Shahar aren't participating.
 
I got a time, it is horrible and If I will improve I will post a time.
 
Last edited:
Times won't be being taken until tomorrow but Round 4 is going to be SUPER GT300 (and some other 300HP race cars) at Deep Forest Raceway.

All eligible cars will be revealed tomorrow.
 
I'll probably finish 1st place in this round, I guess... If so, then I would have 9-point lead ahead of Shahar and Marco Lara. Matej would have 5 points and you would have 1 point, Jason.

No offense, but just saw that Marco Lara and Shahar aren't participating.
In other words, you want Jason to open the next round as soon as possible because you feel that your impatience is starting to kick in, yes? :p

And I'm just being curious, but what is the color of your GT-R above, Harsk? It seems like you have managed to transfer Midnight Purple Color of R34 found in GT4.

Times won't be being taken until tomorrow but Round 4 is going to be SUPER GT300 (and some other 300HP race cars) at Deep Forest Raceway.

I can't wait to decimate you all at Deep Forest. :mischievous:
 
In other words, you want Jason to open the next round as soon as possible because you feel that your impatience is starting to kick in, yes? :p

And I'm just being curious, but what is the color of your GT-R above, Harsk? It seems like you have managed to transfer Midnight Purple Color of R34 found in GT4.
Yes... I just can't wait for next round...

Well, the color of my GT-R above are from Midnight Purple Color. You can get it by winning the European Trophy on Amateur League.
 
In other words, you want Jason to open the next round as soon as possible because you feel that your impatience is starting to kick in, yes? :p

And I'm just being curious, but what is the color of your GT-R above, Harsk? It seems like you have managed to transfer Midnight Purple Color of R34 found in GT4.



I can't wait to decimate you all at Deep Forest. :mischievous:
There will be alot more than Super GT available at the next round...
 
I can't wait to decimate you all at Deep Forest. :mischievous:
To do that, you need to be faster. And to be faster, you need to do some tuning. Everytime that I modify my car, I always take it for a spin and then after, I tune my car's settings to achieve a better time. 👍
 
To do that, you need to be faster. And to be faster, you need to do some tuning. Everytime that I modify my car, I always take it for a spin and then after, I tune my car's settings to achieve a better time. 👍
WHich I don't do and is probably because I'm last. I tune it up, do some mild tuning and then do a clean lap. Not that I'm too bothered about whether I win or lose.
 
WHich I don't do and is probably because I'm last. I tune it up, do some mild tuning and then do a clean lap. Not that I'm too bothered about whether I win or lose.
Well, I want to win this race, but it would be too easy for me, as I already saw some players which are better than me like Marco and Shahar, for example.
 
Well, I want to win this race, but it would be too easy for me, as I already saw some players which are better than me like Marco and Shahar, for example.
You, @Marco Lara and @Shahar are pretty much the only ones who have a chance at winning.
 
To do that, you need to be faster. And to be faster, you need to do some tuning. Everytime that I modify my car, I always take it for a spin and then after, I tune my car's settings to achieve a better time. 👍
That is what I do as well. Testing the car, verifying what sections are troublesome and where (on car) possible improvements can be made and experimenting with the setup.

Deep Forest is the track on which I spent many hours tuning my cars, so I must not lose. And to assure that I won't lose, this time I'll keep my submission secret until the last moment.
WHich I don't do and is probably because I'm last. I tune it up, do some mild tuning and then do a clean lap. Not that I'm too bothered about whether I win or lose.
Driving is more important than tuning. Setup clicks may shorten your laps, but I always found better improvements if relying on driving itself.
 
Yes, I know. How many rounds will your Time Attack Challenge have?
I'm aiming to have 10 rounds with gradually faster cars with the final round being any car allowed on one ofthe toughest tracks on GT3.
 
Sorry for the delay but I had other things to do
Skyline V-spec II
 

Attachments

  • 20150709_003858.jpg
    20150709_003858.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 18
I think we have two Deep Forest specialists. I have spent hours and hours on Deep Forest. Mind you, I still mightn't be any good, but we'll see.

This is a challenge I can enter!
 
Sorry for the delay but I had other things to do
Skyline V-spec II
You were 15 minutes past the deadline but I'll add your time anyway.
 
Back