Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
Round 4 is now live and there is a ton of cars to choose from!
Interesting selection, cars with adjustable downforce will be in very advantageous position. By the way, I see the list features Altezza LM Race car. Was this accidentally placed given that it is by far the fastest vehicle in the group?

We are talking about 1000 hp whereas other cars can barely reach 500 hp.

Interesting selection, cars with adjustable downforce will be in very advantageous position. By the way, I see the list features Altezza LM Race car. Was this accidentally placed given that it is by far the fastest vehicle in the group?

We are talking about 1000 hp whereas other cars can barely reach 500 hp.

OK, I might hold up then until I find out because I was going to use the Altezza...
I didn't realise that, I basically chose every racing/tuned car that started with 325HP or less...

Will remove the Altezza.

I didn't realise that, I basically chose every racing/tuned car that started with 325HP or less...

Will remove the Altezza.
The Altezza of GT3 starts with 590 hp. Other installments feature touring representation instead of Le Mans, which is why they reduced power to 300+ hp. I wish they never incorporated the car in first place...

Thanks for the tip Jason, I'll probably take the Clio V6 Race car. Fun ride! :)

The Altezza of GT3 starts with 590 hp. Other installments feature touring representation instead of Le Mans, which is why they reduced power to 300+ hp. I wish they never incorporated the car in first place...

Thanks for the tip Jason, I'll probably take the Clio V6 Race car. Fun ride! :)
Oh, well I'm using the PAL version which has it at 310HP (AFAIK). I'll be using the Motorsport Elise for this one.

Set my time in the Motorsport Elise. Took about 4 laps to get a clean lap as I kept spinning at some point. Ended up with a 1:14

image (1).jpg
image.jpg

Also I didn't really "tune" this car. I just bought every available upgrade and then put on racing super softs and went for it. Also, for anyone doing these in GT Mode, try doing the events in begnner league as they usually don't have tyre wear enabled.

Last edited:
I'll be entering tomorrow, in the MR-S probably. (It's 12 AM here now)
I would've used the MR-S (Or Silvia) but I don't have any of them in my garage. The Elise was the only car in my garage that I could use.

Sorry for double post, but my lap time is made. The cornering of Lotus is a little tough as it is MR. But despite of that, I managed to get a lap time off 1'09.559.
DSCF8291.JPG
DSCF8290.JPG

Alright. You didn't answered to the following question that I made:
Oh sorry, if you mean sharing tunes with others in the thread or whatever then yes that is allowed. if that's not what you mean then you'll have to elaborate further on that

I was planning to make an similar championship, however, the only 2 differences are an restrict power and kg and the people would be able to change car up to 3 times.

I was planning to make an similar championship, however, the only 2 differences are an restrict power and kg and the people would be able to change car up to 3 times.
Problem is there is no way to know people are actually doing the power limiting on GT3

Yeah, I was trying to make an Imprezza GT500 for the JGTC championship, but could only have power too high or too low using turbo kits.

Back