Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
Pikes peak map, added in 1.02.
pikespeak_ps2.txs.png

Unbelievable! :eek::eek:

it's sooooo incredible! i'll never and i say never,and never thinked about wedding cars in GT! it so strange to see but at same time astonishing! (and the DB9 Volante is a incredible surprise!) amazing work!!:D

P.S:The Map of Pikes Peaks sounds like PDI it thinked to reintroduce the circuit seriously in GT5,but sadly leaved unfinished for the time.

Well, pikespeak is unused in GT PSP , but for now there's no way to play it. I always though that track was completely missing from the game, but since we discovered it's in GT5, I bet it could be there too. There are also other gt2 tracks in gt psp ( grindelwald_ps2, tahiti_dirt_ps2, redrockvalley_ps2 ) , but all of them doesn't work. pikespeak_ps2 is the only one in GT5

It's a brand new discovery so I don't think anyone has made a tutorial yet. And also we won't be able to make a tutorial on GTP as it is against the rules (emulation + hacking don't sit well around here unless you "show, don't tell")
However the Searching for Hidden Things discord server is where you want to go if you want to stay updated with the progresses on that kind of stuff.

It's a brand new discovery so I don't think anyone has made a tutorial yet. And also we won't be able to make a tutorial on GTP as it is against the rules (emulation + hacking don't sit well around here unless you "show, don't tell")
However the Searching for Hidden Things discord server is where you want to go if you want to stay updated with the progresses on that kind of stuff.

ok, thank you.

Yeah, I actually made that discovery yesterday; only today did I publish the findings to TCRF. I feel like I should place that stuff in a new thread eventually, but there's progress being made! :D

hey guys, is there a link somewhere to explain how to actually do this? All I see are pics and mentions of cheat engine and rpcs3.. but zero explanation on how it is done. thanks
As @submaniac93 said, the method used to do this is against the AUP of GTPlanet to publish. At the Discord server, people might be able to help you if they find the time to.

Also, the courses page on TCRF has been appropriately updated due to the recent findings. The Course Database itself is also due for an update, as we've been tested courses left and right and we're ruling out all sorts of variables. Some courses work perfectly and some have issues that require workarounds. I'm going to guess it's the shadows. Driving on any courses that crash the game during gameplay seems to be negated by driving in bumper cam. Bumper cam does not render your car's shadow while you are using it. This applies to any other cars on the course, including the ghost car in Time Trial, which casts a shadow amusingly. Disabling as many shadows emitted from vehicles seems to fix the few problematic courses, but it limits what you can do with them in terms of gameplay, but hey- once again, we'll take what we can get.

It's basically a concept that was dreamed about by many, but is now a reality! I don't think anyone thought that these courses would be lying dormant and unused for so long up until now.

Wow, I am absolutely flabbergasted by all this! :eek: I honestly haven’t seen anything this exciting since hybriding became a thing in GT5 back in 2013! For years I have fantasized about driving the Red Bull X2010 and my Bugatti Veyron at the Test Course from GT4 and just knowing it can be done now is like a dream come true to me. :drool:

The only thing I am disappointed in is the fact these cannot be played on at least 2.11, but I have a theory. If you can extract the tracks from the VOL, you could possibly replace existing tracks with the hidden ones. It’s been done in previous GT’s before and some people within this very thread know what I’m talking about. ;) They can tell you about it a lot better than I can.

The only questions I have (within the AUP at least)is:

Can you go into photo mode on any of these tracks?

Can we get gameplay footage of these tracks? (preferably on real hardware)

Last edited:
Can you go into photo mode on any of these tracks?

Photo Mode can be quite finicky, it's all white, and is quite weird. Some camera angles on Nurb exists too from what I tested.

You can do this on Real Hardware but I'd back up your save just in case. But, 1.0 just seems a more fun version now. The DLC tracks just don't compare. I'm still finding ways to not load them in by this method, but still gradually trying and relearning a bit of GT5 along the way.

Do my eyes deceive me or are those literally GT2 textures on the track?!?! :odd:
The hilarious part is that we didn't even make them playable ourselves. GT5 right now is practically unmoddable. The tracks were already functional with no modification, they just aren't present in any menus whatsoever, so you can only access them by swapping the course codes in memory, meaning the game thinks it's loading High Speed Ring or Deep Forest for instance, when in reality it's loading Seattle or Valencia.
So it’s about the same process as it was on GTPSP?
Photo Mode can be quite finicky, it's all white, and is quite weird. Some camera angles on Nurb exists too from what I tested.
Thats unfortunate. I do wonder if will differ depending on what update you’re on.

That’s something I strongly feel you guys should take note of if y’all haven’t already. ;)
You can do this on Real Hardware but I'd back up your save just in case.
Thats fantastic, I was about to ask that too. Fortunately I have a jail broken console and a few spare hard drives lying around. I’m about 150+ miles from my PS3 right now, but once I get back, I may take a gander at this. :mischievous:

My only concern is getting my save to work on older versions of the game since I’m on 2.11. I can recall having issues with it when I tried this over a year ago.

What will most likely happen is the path of least resistance... the tracks that are playable and ready to go with AI are candidates.

However unless someone comes up with some sort of program on an EMU that can patch in the menu UI so that you can choose a GT4 track.

I would also imagined this would exist on an EMU outside of Sony and your old save game.

So its some time down the road.

I'm looking into getting a capture card for this, but I don't know if I can exactly pick one up at the current moment.

Speaking of real hardware, another image blowout:

Motorland (GT4):

UQ0hZ6G.png

RapFnBo.png

...no, a filter was not applied to the game, but yes, the textures are missing their color for some reason, but the background and sky isn't.

High Speed Ring (GT4):

OVgwwbR.png

ryNSwcJ.png

AdsHrJD.png

Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course (GT4):

bYTsKuT.png

6Dqrp9B.png

0w8JRDe.png

Driving Park - Beginner Course (TT):
Honestly one of the best experiences I've done; karting is really fun and tight on this course:

RXeLLJD.png

QBKKel5.png

5ORICFu.png

5T15jxt.png

Here some more pics. I didn't take them, I'm just reposting them on this topic.

Cathedral Rocks Trail III (GTPSP) - There's no texture.. beside mountain
upload_2019-7-17_10-36-57.png

Cathedral Rocks Trail III - Reverse (GTPSP) - Funnily, the reverse version is textured... but there are people on the road :P
upload_2019-7-17_10-47-43.png

Midfield Raceway (GT4)
upload_2019-7-17_10-39-0.png

George V Paris (GT4) - In this shoot it looks pretty nice, but there are a lot of missing textures during a lap.
upload_2019-7-17_10-58-32.png

Elston managed to found 3 thumbnails of.... wedding cars :lol:

file1.img.png

file3.img.png

file2.img.png
There had been a wedding celebration for a PDI staff 10 years ago, during the season of Tokyo Game Show 2009.
A friend of the staff (the groom) reported in his blog that there was a special "wedding" version of GT5, which featured the couple and they were taking on the groom's own car.

...Eureka!! He must had been the owner of a famous cat, Primary!

Or should I call her Jenkins?
https://www.gtplanet.net/the-cat-in-gran-turismo-5/

Her 3D model must had debuted in the version, I have no doubt about it.

Last edited:
There had been a wedding celebration for an PDI staff 10 years ago, during the season of Tokyo Game Show (2009?).
A friend of the staff (the groom) wrote in his blog that there was a special "wedding" version of GT5, which featured the couple and they were taking on the groom's own car.

...Eureka!! He must had been the owner of a famous cat, Primary!

Or should I call her Jenkins?
https://www.gtplanet.net/the-cat-in-gran-turismo-5/

Her 3D model must had debuted in the version, I have no doubt about it.

So the wedding version of GT5 (I'd say GT5P from the thumbnail style) was a thing.. Good Find!!

I'm gonna build a desktop real soon... This is running on emu right?

What specs does your PC have... Does the game run smooth without bugs?

Thanks

Back