Gran Turismo 4 / PSP Courses found in Gran Turismo 5

• Thread starter elston87
  • 315 comments
I wouldn't go that far, at least with GT7. But during the PS3 era? If you placed a high bet that PoDi was aiming to develop the Gran Turismo game of many players' dreams at the time? You'd win that bet for sure.

The biggest supplementing evidence for this case is found in the latest prototype of GT5 that was discovered, "GT5 Demo 2010". The database files contain registered entries for every single vehicle that was featured in Gran Turismo 4 and the PSP spinoff title, even the likes of the 1915 Ford Model T and FPV were set to feature again. Not only that, but there's code sprinkled everywhere throughout the prototype that suggests the inclusion of "Standard" courses. All of the GT4/PSP courses are actually completely registered in the databases, just that the files are missing from the actual prototype itself. It would appear that the course files themselves found in GT5 were actually updated for the release-to-manufacturing build of the game; all of the GT4/PSP courses that work on the final game have had their files updated to do so, so the concept of Standard courses being a part of the final game might have been closer to a reality than one previously thought! But unfortunately, wasn't...

Another individual (who chooses not to be named) found out that why the particular courses that are listed as not-working on the Course Database over at The Cutting Room Floor is because their files have not been properly updated to work with the release-to-manufacturing build of the game and beyond. Previously shown off in the Discord server are screenshots of these non-functional courses working 100% as intended...if they are backported to GT5 Demo 2010. As all of these courses are registered into the databases of that build, it's as simple as adding the files to the courses and then enabling them for selection in Arcade Mode.

Whenever I find the time to setup my PS3 again, I'll post these screenshots that I have saved.
Does this mean Route 11 works on the prototype?

Elston managed to found 3 thumbnails of.... wedding cars :lol:

file1.img.png

file3.img.png

file2.img.png

those wedding vehicles can be used by AI or Player exclusive only? is it possible to use them on GT Mode and Arcade? thanks.

Route11 isn't modeled sadly, only the driving line remains.
Anyway, here's the first 2020 discovery regarding GT hidden things:

This function is in the game but there's no button assigned for it. I had to swap one of the working function to enable it

Hello!
Is there a list with cars with hazards? Could indicate more finished premiums that have higher chance of return to GTS.
Sorry for annoying!

those wedding vehicles can be used by AI or Player exclusive only? is it possible to use them on GT Mode and Arcade? thanks.
They are not in the game at all, that we know of. Also, according to the appearance of the thumbnails, they are from GT5P. It's a bit of a stretch to say they're still in GT5, but we don't know for sure.

Hello!
Is there a list with cars with hazards? Could indicate more finished premiums that have higher chance of return to GTS.
Sorry for annoying!
It's a recent discovery. So far the only car that has functional blinkers is the Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06, but more are being tested.

I think with all of these discoveries being made, a new thread for the sake of keeping track of them should be created. All of the other GT games have them, so I think it's about time this game gets its own thread, too.

I seem to recall the Aston was used in a cinematic or scripted scene in the game, and the use of the hazards was the cause for some discussion at that time.

I seem to recall the Aston was used in a cinematic or scripted scene in the game, and the use of the hazards was the cause for some discussion at that time.
It is indeed, it's the Top Gear intro sequence. Still, it's so strange to have a mappable function that works on a single car on 300 (counting only premium cars). I'm trying to check if there are other cars with this feature, or if there's a flag that enable them on this car only.

With GT 5 I think they missed an opportunity to have a beat the Stig challenge, that would have been a cool feature to add to the game...

I still miss shuffle mode

Last edited:
Another big post with another big update, sorta; sorry for the oncoming barrage of big images for mobile device users:

Thanks to the discoveries by @j0nny0093 we're not done working on these courses yet. For some courses, if you force it to load the Reverse layout's textures, it'll display in the Forward layout of the course, and these textures have much higher detail, however they are indeed intended for the Reverse layout, as signposts and turning markers are flipped the other way around, both model and texture. There's also a strange glitch that goes on with the road surfaces; whatever the case, they're not normal; it feels like the car is driving on dirt (which is why you see some of the cars clipping through the ground or appear a bit bumpy).

Regardless:

Construction finished up on Costa di Amalfi!

LnKQSUX.jpg

ESyOF8S.jpg

Crews finished up the roads in time for the race at Opera Paris!

QYMaPVI.jpg

F44yGVu.jpg

b3VUZE0.jpg

1JCYUnR.jpg

Citta di Aria is open to the driving public once again, looking a lot better than it once was!

9MfrKG2.jpg

8Oa31O1.jpg

BFmuOIz.jpg

W7SarLh.jpg

2s4Tyej.jpg

The Ice Arena was redone to accept new challengers!

R3XgXGb.jpg

dv0lVPi.jpg

h2xUXCJ.jpg

A much more scenic and lush Apricot Hill Raceway circa 2004

HMVblb6.jpg

GqjTbHR.jpg

VHFxQPj.jpg

nice man!! good thing I still have my ps3.. and GT5 XL Edition. I miss those tracks.. I hope PD will look forward for these hidden tracks. And remake (or re-release) this game with hidden tracks and selectable AI .. nostalgic feeling. and I'm sure on its first day it will sell like hotcakes. ❤

nice. High Speed Ring map but on New York

With all discoveries done, if someone mods its GT5 track list, he can actually set the layout on the preview of the circuit or at least the name of the swapped track? and how does it apply the rain or time change on the swapped tracks?

Could you imagine a GT7 that includes right from the start all the tracks and circuits from GT3-4-5-6-S and all the cars in those games also. Add to that a fun career mode that lasts for years and a full offline save for all cars and tracks and a special price available for all to get right from the start. How much would you pay for that ? Dream on...

If it includes options for players to change the rules for each race in single player mode [and race competitions like GT league in GT Sport], then I would pay twice or three times as much for such a game. Actually, if I could change all the rules in GT league I would pay 5x the usual price for this exceptional fun game industry entertainment product. That would translate to $99/€99!!! But I'm not even exaggerating my want and need for customization and rule options for each race.

Latest Posts

Back