Gran Turismo 4: Touge 300 and 400 class (with video walkthrough!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 203 comments
  • 8,781 views
I dont need the overall lap time. Please read throught the first post so that you understand how to work out your stage time. I only need the stage time.
 
amp88
How did you manage to do a 1'11 lap including a complete stop? :crazy:
Oh, red the first post ;)
Lap time - (minus) T1 = your record.
 
Dangit, I went and did a bunch of laps, without reading the whole 'stage time' thing. I have my overall laps, but don't know what my stage times would have been. :ouch:

Well, at least my overall laps will give some idea of how slow I was going. :crazy:

Silver Fujita Engineering Kouki FD3S Mazda RX-7
Power: 380hp
Wheels/Tires: Gold five-spoke Rays Gram Light GL57C, Sport Soft
Wing: Black 3D
Overall Lap: 1'23.910

Yellow Route KS NA2 Honda NSX
Power: 340hp
Wheels/Tires: Gold Rays CE28N, Sport Soft
Wing: Black 3D
Overall Lap: 1'22.505

Blue Yashio Factory Toyota Vitz
Power: 169ps
Wheels/Tires: Silver multi spoke, Sport Soft
Wing: None(used Silver 3D in the game)
Overall Lap: 1'35.428

Silver Garage Limit Suzuki Cappucino :dopey:
Power: 124ps
Wheels/Tires: Black multi spoke Enkeis with polished lip, Sport Soft
Wing: Silver GT
Overall Lap: 1'32.075

White Technopro Spirits Toyota MR-S
Power: 190ps
Wheels/Tires: Silver BBS Mesh, Sport Softs
Wing: Black GT
Overall Lap: 1'27.876


I'll have to try my 550hp Ridox Supra and Matchless Crowd Racing R34 GT-R with 650hp, just for kicks. :sly:
 
Starting Wednesday next week, we're switching ot the uphill course. I'll post more info on tusday night/wednesday morning.
Anyway, back to the downhill, thanks for the info on the cars VQuick. Ill give a couple of them a try.
 
Here is my NSX-R, just to share it with you guys.

Car : NSX-R
Power : 400BHP
Weight : 1079KG
Tires/Rims : Racing Soft/Rays 021
Wing : 3D type 2 (?)
Overall lap : 1,11,8xx (will check it later the 2 last numbers)

PM if you want the settings ;)
 
Another good 'togue style' course is Costa Di Amalfi. Good uphill and downhill sections, and all the hairpins can really eat up time if you don't take them right.

Citi Di Aria is really tight, and can challenge those who decide to use a big car with a lot of power. On this track, I watched someone in a full-tune(Stage 4 Turbo, Stage 3 Lightweight) Lotus Esprit on RSS tires lose a 1 A-Spec point race to a Renault 5 Turbo(not the rally car)...by 31 seconds. :dunce:
 
What about Trial Montain? It has great sections that is similar to touge stages ;)
 
lol.
By the way guys if your car is fine tuned to your personal specification then you can ake up a name for them to go on the leaderboard. So long as oyu can tell what the car is from the name. You can post em in here and Ill put em in when I update the leaderboard or you can include them with your time when you PM it to me.

I'm off to the Togue to have a spin in my 300 class spec M-Tune AE86 (the M is coz my name is Matt) hehe.
 
vtec_guy
lol.
By the way guys if your car is fine tuned to your personal specification then you can ake up a name for them to go on the leaderboard. So long as oyu can tell what the car is from the name. You can post em in here and Ill put em in when I update the leaderboard or you can include them with your time when you PM it to me.

I'm off to the Togue to have a spin in my 300 class spec M-Tune AE86 (the M is coz my name is Matt) hehe.
Then I'll name my car for NSX-R Spec-Z Touge Edition :p
lol
 
lol changed it and updated the board.

Cosmic still holds the lead, GO CATCH HIM!
 
I'll give the 300 class another try later. This is fun 👍
 
My M-Tune AE86 has a long way to go. I'm still upgrading parts so it definately has the potential to move up the 300 board a little. I'm going to make the switch from TRD's original suspension to Toyota's Fully Customisable suspension so I can put some toe on the car for more stability.
 
I' goign to give it a try now, need to do some minor changes n my suspension settings. Later guys.
 
gosh no one likes me vitz and cosmic is cheating :p
 
I do not cheat at all! :grumpy:
 
vtec_guy
He is just messin' around :)
So how is it going for you vtec_guy? Have you done any progress yet with your Trueno? ;)
 
I did my runs again, making sure to watch for the T1 sector time. Then I noticed I was supposed to come to a stop before the starting line. Grrrr. I'm never going to get this right.
 
Vtec_guy, get this staright for me now. Do we need to stop before the T1 line?
I'm confused.
 
Cosmic
Vtec_guy, get this staright for me now. Do we need to stop before the T1 line?
I'm confused.


Yes, you need to stop, then go from a standing start. If you just fly across it, chances are you are going 120+ and shaving off like 3 seconds... which is how you got 50 if im not mistaken
 
yeah you do.
 
I dont get it. Eh what the hell.
I need to stop before the T1 Line to 0km/k then drive as fast as I can to the finsih line?
 
Yes you stop right before the line because it's a standing start.

Anyway...here's my machines that im running in th togue:
(I still havent got the chance to tune the 86 any more, probably do it tomorrow)
eightsix9ax.jpg

rknnsx6gm.jpg

I think these are the best pictures i've ever taken, the second one looks proper mountainy styleee.
 
Ok, my bad :dunce: I'll give it a shot again.
 
feel free to post pics of your machines too.
 
Cosmic
I dont get it. Eh what the hell.
I need to stop before the T1 Line to 0km/k then drive as fast as I can to the finsih line?

Vtec are you going to update the leaderboard since Cosmic had a running start?
 
Yes I'll temporarily delete him from the board until he submits a valid time. Thanks for pointing that out.
 
*Leaderboard updated*

GT_FAN2005 now takes the lead in the 300 class and Bhawk776 storms ahead in the 400 class.

Im off to bed now, cya tomorrow peeps
 
Hey i'm supposed to be ahead of bildonia and then tie with you at rank 3rd vtec_guy. bah I'll just run the poopra again.

poopra21rt.jpg
 
Back