Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

I've always wanted GT6 on PS3 from day one, and that's still the case. There's still a decent amount of room to improve the game since GT5 was't finished to begin with. Outside of the premium cars, there's a lot of stuff that can be done. The track list can increase tenfold, the quality of the tracks can be improved, AI, upgrade system, physics, sound recordings, the number of A-Spec events, and the list goes on. Just because the premium cars themselves can't be up-scaled on the PS3 doesn't mean that GT6 has no room for improvement on the PS3.

I think gt5 was meant to be released with the ps4 and gthd to be a ps3 game but cause of the peoples comments or a rush to release a new game just for financial reasons they rushed it and downgraded it for ps3 , it makes sense guys think about it , they were co workers with sony on the production of the ps4 that started back in 2008 , cars look awesome n the tracks are low res ?!!!!! Just like they put all the graphics potentials of the ps3 on the cars ,eye candy to hide the tracks that look low res on purpose . But still all of these are just speculations until we ve got solid proof .

Of course I'm not denying it will need some work and updating, no engine stands still. I just think it's wrong to dismiss GT6 being on PS4 because Kaz said it would run on the GT5 engine.
Yep I know you are not saying that, just adding to what you said.

I thing it is wrong to dismiss any possibility of it being on either PS3 or PS4 or both or even also on PS Vita. We don't know much what is happening over the last couple of years, we do know though certain things though such as new content being recently shown on the GT5 engine and that also GT5 is still being worked on due to updates.

There are also assumptions that can be made such as financially Sony and PDI should be a lot better off if they release another GT game on PS3. Also for a huge number of fans who will continue to use PS3 as their main console for a good number of years yet, it will be good to see another big game coming on the PS3, rather than being forgotten instantly due to a new console announcement. Getting the majority of GT fan base on to the PS4 in two to three years time when PS4 will be more profitable will also be good for Sony as they will get good profits from GT gamers both on PS3 and PS4 by then and less disgruntled fans saying, it has been X number of years since last GT released.

It all depends on really the development direction they have taken over the last few years on what will happen, I personally think Kaz is probably going for a big surprise attempt by getting it to the stage of releasing and then talking about it happily. GT is not like in the stage of GT5 where there was no main GT game released and Sony needed something to show off to help sell consoles. Kaz is probably trying to keep it a secret, similar level as to how the PS4 was kept secret among Sony employees. Board members of PDI certainly seem to have got the message from Kaz going by no leaks yet from them, but the SCEE VP Michael Denny is not a board member of PDI looks to have slipped up in this secrecy game until Kaz speaks about it.

i think, in the off chance this isn't a miscommunication, a likely scenario would be GT6P. Showcase new physics, promise better graphics.

I Strongly think that GT6 Prologue is the only title that will come out on PS3 with newer tracks that don't exist in GT5 better details a handful I reckon , strictly premium cars from different classes and less than 400, improved sound and improved physics , the small amount of data will allow to implement a higher than 16 cars per race, I think PD will only go this way to develop GT6 for PS4 with the help of the community like the way Project cars is being developed. Now that said, when Kaz tried a drift car about 2 months ago if I'm correct he was asked about GT6 and one of his replies was that he will be focusing on making it emotional for the player as if he is in a professional racing atmosphere, I'm not quoting here but if you link these words to the PS4 being now integrated as any other high tech smart device into social networking remote playing on the go, this will give you a sure thought that GT6 will only be a PS4 title.

If Diablo is coming to the PS3 and PS4, that to me means it's not impossible to have the same game on two different systems. For those saying that GT5's 'engine' can't be used for GT6 on the PS4 because of the differences between systems.

I Strongly think that GT6 Prologue is the only title that will come out on PS3 with newer tracks that don't exist in GT5 better details a handful I reckon , strictly premium cars from different classes and less than 400, improved sound and improved physics , the small amount of data will allow to implement a higher than 16 cars per race, I think PD will only go this way to develop GT6 for PS4 with the help of the community like the way Project cars is being developed. Now that said, when Kaz tried a drift car about 2 months ago if I'm correct he was asked about GT6 and one of his replies was that he will be focusing on making it emotional for the player as if he is in a professional racing atmosphere, I'm not quoting here but if you link these words to the PS4 being now integrated as any other high tech smart device into social networking remote playing on the go, this will give you a sure thought that GT6 will only be a PS4 title.

If this "GT6 Prologue" includes that many features, why not just call it GT6 and name the next-gen title GT7?
GT6:P on PS3 and GT6 on PS4 makes less sense than a full GT6 on PS3.
But PD may be worried about pCARS, though. They may try to avoid some custumers migrating from GT to pCARS, keeping them interested for the next-gen game.

At first I wanted it for the PS3. I really wanted, all those years... but 6 months ago I started to feel it more in the PS4 and now I really want GT6 on the PS4.

BUT, I still believe a cross-platform version may happen because they would sell a lot and sell it a lot the PS4 version too.

Both will make an awesome lot of cash for them.

If it happens this way, I will buy both. And I know a lot of people here will do the same.

BUT, I still believe a cross-platform version may happen because they would sell a lot and sell it a lot the PS4 version too.

The problem I see with having 1 game for 2 consoles means that the PS4 version will be held back to keep with the PS3 version. The PS4, being so much more powerful than the PS3, would be full of unused potential if the game came out on both...

If Diablo is coming to the PS3 and PS4, that to me means it's not impossible to have the same game on two different systems. For those saying that GT5's 'engine' can't be used for GT6 on the PS4 because of the differences between systems.

Diablo III is a port of a PC game. Not a game designed for the PS4 or PS3.

If they were still following that pattern GT6 would already be released by now though, yet it's not even announced. Also, we didn't have updates and DLC on PS1 and PS2, did we?

I hate the "2 GT titles per console" argument. It's not one bit relevant.

Actually, it's completely relevant. When budgets are determined the sales forecast is considered to a great extent. The investment in the technical advancements needed for new consoles is meant to be applied to more than a single release. If the tech is good enough for PS4, which it could be, then the investment doesn't need to be recouped on the current console cycle.

DLC is the part that is irrelevant in the decision. DLC pays for itself and keeps the community involved.

Last edited:
Actually, it's completely relevant. When budgets are determined the sales forecast is considered to a great extent. The investment in the technical advancements needed for new consoles is meant to be applied to more than a single release.

Looking from that perspective, the GT series didn't have a single release on the PS3.

DLC is the part that is irrelevant in the decision. DLC pays for itself and keeps the community involved.

DLC also extends the consumer interest in the game compared to if it wasn't there, which was his point. Not that it can outright replace actual releases.

At first I wanted it for the PS3. I really wanted, all those years... but 6 months ago I started to feel it more in the PS4 and now I really want GT6 on the PS4.

Both will make an awesome lot of cash for them.

If it happens this way, I will buy both. And I know a lot of people here will do the same.

Count me as one of them.:)

Looking from that perspective, the GT series didn't have a single release on the PS3.

Releases like prologue or special editions are not considered full releases. That's just the way it works.

It's neither here nor there. The discussion was whether or not GT6 could feasibly be released on PS3. The answer is that it is more likely than to be a release for the launch of PS4. The install base won't be there. A dual PS4/PS3 release would be very surprising.

But what do I know? :P

Im currently 50/50 on a dual platform or strictly a PS4 game. Outside of appearance, the things that GT6 will have over GT5 i would think could still be handled on the PS3, no? Maybe more cars on track, but is it possible to increase those somehow for PS3? The PS4 one being basically just a higher res version of the same game.

Releases like prologue or special editions are not considered full releases. That's just the way it works.

In the context that you gave, in regards to budgeting hardware costs against releases for major IPs over the course of a system (in comparison to Sony doing the same thing with GT games in the past), why wouldn't they? GT5:P was marketed, released and sold as if it was a major release, with the main difference being the budget price. It had a huge advertising push and was a cornerstone title for the PS3 in the time before the rebranding of the system. It's also the second best selling game on the system, and likely paid off most of GT5's development costs before the final game even released.

And then, nearly 3 years later, GT5 proper came out.

If this "GT6 Prologue" includes that many features, why not just call it GT6 and name the next-gen title GT7?
GT6:P on PS3 and GT6 on PS4 makes less sense than a full GT6 on PS3.
But PD may be worried about pCARS, though. They may try to avoid some custumers migrating from GT to pCARS, keeping them interested for the next-gen game.

PD don't really worry about stuff like that.

I will not buy GT6 on PS3. When you have numerous PC sims releasing this year that can be optimized on the latest PC hardware as well as next gen console racers like Drive Club and even Forza 5 GT6 on PS3 is not appealing to me, at all. I'll certainly skip it. If it was announced to release in a few months things would be different though, but its not.

I will not buy GT6 on PS3. When you have numerous PC sims releasing this year that can be optimized on the latest PC hardware as well as next gen console racers like Drive Club and even Forza 5 GT6 on PS3 is not appealing to me, at all. I'll certainly skip it. If it was announced to release in a few months things would be different though, but its not.

I agree with the PC sims that are getting ready to release. They are going to be awesome. I'll only buy GT6 if it is released on the PS3. Since i have moved on to PC sim racing. I have no use for a PS4. So i am hoping for a PS3 release to see if PD can finally get their act together. The rest of the market has caught them and is now passing them with a better product. Sad but true.

Not buying GT6 on PS3 either! There are two more games i'm buying for the PS3, The Last Of Us and Project Cars then that's it for the PS3!

I rather just have GT6 on the PS4 personally and if PD wants to do something for the PS3, then they could just add on something to GT5 such as an actual update that fixes everything as an example or one last major car & track pack thing.

And you where wrong then just as you are now lol.

Can we see some proof?

I don't know... Release a game on a console with an installed base of over 60 million or release it on a console that's an unknown quantity....

Think of it from Sony's perspective - they want to make money. Take GT5, fix A Spec, add Bathurst/ Willow Springs/ Silverstone/ Midfield/ El Captain, upgrade some car's to premium, add cars (new Nissan V8 Supercar is a no brainer), updated physics etc then just release on PS3 where your last game sold over 9 million units. Then release GT7 in 2014 on the PS4 once, you know, people actually own them.

I don't like the above approach, but it would certainty make money, which you'd assume is Sony's goal.

Gran Turismo & Gran Turismo 2 - PS1

Gran Turismo 3 & Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

Gran Turismo 5 & Gran turismo 6? - PS3

It's silly anyway because...

ps1: Motor Toon Grand Prix, Motor Toon Grand Prix 2, Gran Turismo, Omega Boost, Gran Turismo 2

ps2: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo, Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul, Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 4 Toyota MTRC Version, Gran Turismo 4 Toyota Prius Edition, Gran Turismo 4 Nissan 350Z Limited Edition, Tourist Trophy

ps3: Gran Turismo HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Gran Turismo 5

Nice try though 👍

Back