Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

awr117
From a business standpoint it makes sense to release it on the PS3. The game has to be nearly finished by now. Would be kind of crazy for a business to pass up the money. That is why the do what they do....to make money.

As long as they have Konsiegg, the Pagani Hyuara and other exotics and above 1080p graphics and better physics and over 30 new tracks ill be fine lol. Sorry for spelling konsigge wrong.

GT5 was in development a few years before 2008 so I doubt its engine will work in the PS4

GT5 was in development, but the engine they originally used was completely redone after GT5P came out. If the PS4 was in development around 2008, there's a slight chance the engine used for GT5 was built to run on PS4 architecture and adjusted to handle the Cell with the PS3. So, who's to say the engine won't be feasible with the PS4.

Has any other game site mentioned this?

Oh the thing about why people don't want GT6 on the PS3 is that now the GT7 will be light years away we want our next gen stuff asap

I think it is only logical gt6 will be released on ps3. Pd needs to make money so why not release it on ps3. Wether they will release it on Ps4 will probably revealed ar E3.

Sure we all strongly consider buying a ps4 as soon as it is available, but we are the early adopters. Most people will wait some time to buy a ps4.

I also find it very funny that a lot of people suggest is is really easy to develop a game for ps4. Sure it has an easyer setup compared to the ps3. But developers will still have to put in a lot of work to create the best game they can. So the easyer programming will only alow more work to be put in other devolloping aspects. It clearly suggests a lot off people take developping a game very lightly.

I think it is only logical gt6 will be released on ps3. Pd needs to make money so why not release it on ps3. Wether they will release it on Ps4 will probably revealed ar E3.

Sure we all strongly consider buying a ps4 as soon as it is available, but we are the early adopters. Most people will wait some time to buy a ps4.

I also find it very funny that a lot of people suggest is is really easy to develop a game for ps4. Sure it has an easyer setup compared to the ps3. But developers will still have to put in a lot of work to create the best game they can. So the easyer programming will only alow more work to be put in other devolloping aspects. It clearly suggests a lot off people take developping a game very lightly.

Gran Turismo has always been a system seller. Sure, the initial install base will be small, but if there's a Gran Turismo, millions will buy the console just to play the game. It would be smarter for Sony to make sure GT6 is on PS4 close to the launch period, even if it's a GT3 scenario. At this point there's no need to bother with another GT release on PS3 if it's not going to bring anything new to the franchise.

As long as the system has USB slots, which I don't see why it wouldn't, it should support the wheel as long as developers implement it in their games.

My Xbox has USB slots and its a no go. Hopefully they won't nerf it.

My Xbox has USB slots and its a no go. Hopefully they won't nerf it.

Microsoft requires that all game peripherals be wireless. Most racing wheels aren't, except for official 360 wheels and a few Fanatec wheels specifically built to be compatible with the 360.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't want a wireless racing wheel on the off-chance that there's some sort of interference from another device while I'm in the middle of a race.

The Sony Wireless Stereo Headset has been known to interfere with wireless routers if the router is too close to the USB dongle for the headset. I wouldn't want that with wireless racing wheels.

I personally think that GT6 should be on PS4 (even though it'll take some time for me to obtain a probably 20.000 Bs./450-500 $ console).If the PS4 social functions and supposed ease of development are true,GT6 is closer and more social than everyone thought (not 2018 gentlemen).

This is just a person who says things wrong. GT6 will be PS4 optimized. But im starting to wonder if GT6 really will be a PS4 exclusive. PS3 and even PC and Xbox may be an option if PD needs the money.

Since each generation of the PlayStation console has seen 2 GT games, and the 2nd GT game for each generation has improved dramatically over the previous, I would be happy to see GT6 on PS3.

Remember that GT5 was released 4 years after the PS3 launched. It would not surprise me if GT? were released several years after the PS4 launch. In the meantime I would be happy to see GT6 on PS3.

Many people complain about GT5 and I thought they would be happy to see PD "redeem itself" with GT6 after finally realizing what the PS3 can and cannot do. Also, every company (including PD) wants profits, so why would they not develop an improved GT for PS3 since they know the PS3 so well now? It would be foolish to focus only on PS4 game development when they have spent so much time learning the PS3, a console which will be around for many more years.

My $0.02

This is just a person who says things wrong. GT6 will be PS4 optimized. But im starting to wonder if GT6 really will be a PS4 exclusive. PS3 and even PC and Xbox may be an option if PD needs the money.

GT will always be a PS exclusive.

1. Release an updated GT5 as GT6 on PS3
2. Over 60 million potential customers
3. Profit
4. Work on GT7
5. Sell on PS4 when it has a large enough install base to actually make money (same stratergy used on GT5)
6. Profit

Or

1.Release GT6 on PS4
2. ???? potential customers
3. Profit?

The part you're missing out of that is that PD are essentially part of Sony and Gran Turismo is a system seller. So to your second option you need to add 'Sell ****loads of PS4s in it's early years'.

I like how this has just devolved into the same arguments from 6 months ago; all being made as if they are exactly as valid as they were then.

The part you're missing out of that is that PD are essentially part of Sony and Gran Turismo is a system seller. So to your second option you need to add 'Sell ****loads of PS4s in it's early years'.

If GT really is a system seller, would it matter if the number behind it was a 6 or a 7?

Seeing as Europe won't get the PS4 until early 2014 ( from what I have read on here) I can see gt6 being on the PS3 now.

Maybe an E3 announcement for Christmas 2013.

I honestly don't think it would steal any PS4 thunder considering the likes of PCars and GTA5, just to name a few, coming out this fall for the PS3.

Either way its looking to be a good year gaming wise :)

Just my thoughts on the subject.

machschnel
1. Release an updated GT5 as GT6 on PS3
2. Over 60 million potential customers
3. Profit
4. Work on GT7
5. Sell on PS4 when it has a large enough install base to actually make money (same stratergy used on GT5)
6. Profit

Or

1.Release GT6 on PS4
2. ???? potential customers
3. Profit?

This is the formula I would think Sony will go with. More profit is 99% of the deciding factor in business decisions. If they want to make the best GT6 possible, they would just skip the PlayStation all together and make it for the PC; but Sony would make more money on a PlayStation game even though they do make PCs.

If GT really is a system seller, would it matter if the number behind it was a 6 or a 7?

No but obviously if GT6 was released on PS3 in the next year then GT7 on PS4 wouldn't come for another 3+ years. Sony will want it earlier than that, they don't want another GT5 coming far too late into the cycle. They'll surely want it within 2 years and if a PS3 game is going out that isn't going to happen.

Back