Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

PD made Omega Boost for PS1 as well. And the GT5 Prologue Demo AKA "Demo of the demo of GT5" on PS3.

:lol:

What you just showed proved my point. Still 2 series of gran turismo in every platform so that means the ps3 will get one more before its official dead.

Its an utterly stupid and ridiculous idea to even think about putting GT6 on the PS3. Utterly, utterly ridiculous. Why bring out a game that, due to hardware, wont be any different to a game already on that console aside from content? If it is released on the PS3, it will be an utter waste of money on something thats no different from its predecessor aside from a few extras on content that could, in all reality, be incorporated as DLC?

PD have admitted in the past that there are so many restrictions, mainly RAM, thats preventing them from doing what they want to do with the game, so why would they waste time on a very restrictive system than start work on a brand new, much more powerful system? Doesnt make an ounce of sense to me at all...

Its an utterly stupid and ridiculous idea to even think about putting GT6 on the PS3. Utterly, utterly ridiculous. Why bring out a game that, due to hardware, wont be any different to a game already on that console aside from content?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How many times do you see the name GRAN TURISMO on each consoles PD game releases in that list? Twice for each one? How can you ignore the truth really, hell ps3 alone has GRAN TURISMO HD, GRAN TURISMO 5P, GRAN TURISMO 5. Can you count to three?

And really, asking for proof such a well known fact?

Its an utterly stupid and ridiculous idea to even think about putting GT6 on the PS3. Utterly, utterly ridiculous. Why bring out a game that, due to hardware, wont be any different to a game already on that console aside from content? If it is released on the PS3, it will be an utter waste of money on something thats no different from its predecessor aside from a few extras on content that could, in all reality, be incorporated as DLC?

PD have admitted in the past that there are so many restrictions, mainly RAM, thats preventing them from doing what they want to do with the game, so why would they waste time on a very restrictive system than start work on a brand new, much more powerful system? Doesnt make an ounce of sense to me at all...
Why don't you ask kaz or sony for that?

How many times do you see the name GRAN TURISMO on each consoles PD game releases in that list? Twice for each one? How can you ignore the truth really, hell ps3 alone has GRAN TURISMO HD, GRAN TURISMO 5P, GRAN TURISMO 5. Can you count to three?

And really, asking for proof such a well known fact?
Gran Turismo HD is like a concep like 5p which I am guessing I know the word but I can't say it and 5 is just the final version. Just like Gran Turismo 4P before Gran Turismo 4 came out.

Why don't you ask kaz or sony for that?

Sony said in an article that the reason why we dont have cross game chat is that the system cannot deal with it.

Kaz has said in previous interviews, as well, that the PS3 system is holding them back from doing everything that both they, and the fans, want in the game.

http://www.techradar.com/au/news/gaming/kazunori-yamauchi-says-ps3-restricted-gt5-906363
Games developer, pro racing driver and all-round creative powerhouse Kazunori Yamauchi has said that PS3 technology restricted what Polyphony Digital was able to achieve with Gran Turismo 5.
Yamauchi announced that GT5 had finally gone gold late last week.
Hardware restrictions
The Polyphony boss said of the forthcoming Gran Turismo 5: "Software has to be created under the restriction of the hardware.
"With each new PlayStation, the vessel has become bigger, but it's still not enough.
"With Gran Turismo 5 we've made it as clean and beautiful as possible within the confines of the space we're given – but of course there's a lot more that we want to put in."

UGH if GT6 really does go on PS3, prepard to stick LONG loading screens whenever you go to GT Auto or whatever.... As well the blockly SHADOWS in game... :indiff:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Such sound logic going on in here.

Yeah I know.

Hold back GT6 for a console no one has even seen (let alone bought), or, release an updated GT5 as GT6 on PS3 at a fraction of the cost with an immensely larger install base while preparing GT7 for PS4.

Do you think Sony would prefer to sell two games or just one, to a significantly smaller market no less?

Reasons GT6 is possible on PS3.

*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money

Of course it's possible and I'd not put it past pd/sony. I never argued that point.

What a crap game it would be though, and how silly pd would look when it comes out just before the ps4(days), right at launch of ps4, or more likely after LOL

Kaz won't probably answer you.

But, I advise you to try tweet Kaz and Yoshida, why not.

Maybe, if you say him that you want GT6 on PS4, I'm sure he will read/listen you.

Of course it's possible and I'd not put it past pd/sony. I never argued that point.

What a crap game it would be though, and how silly pd would look when it comes out just before the ps4(days), right at launch of ps4, or more likely after LOL

Very true. I don't think a PS3 GT6 would be even close to the quality a PS4 release would achieve. With that said, it almost seems like a wasted opportunity sales wise to not release some form of Gran Turismo in the coming year. If GTA5 is happy with a PS3 release, I think GT6 might be too.

Nobody is forcing you to go out and buy games. I bought my ps3 for one reason Gran Turismo and COD(Call Of Duty) games.

Nobody is forcing you to go out and buy games. I bought my ps3 for one reason Gran Turismo and COD(Call Of Duty) games.

Who said anything about force? wut?

Maybe you are hoping for gt6 on ps3 because the cost of a new console will be high, but hey, no one will force you to buy a ps4 đź‘Ť

The biggest problem with GT5 is not the lack of sparkly graphics that the PS4 will add to the series. It is the lack of good tracks. Sometimes even I feel like it is a chore to start my room and run the same tracks over and over.

While I avoid the Nurburgring like the plague, I often read on here how beautiful it is at sunset. The PS3 is capable of running every track that good with weather. It just wasnÂ’t written into GT5. Hopefully GT6 will take full advantage of the PS3.

We all saw the pictures of the BRZ model being developed on a PC running 3d CAD software. GT5 premium cars have been called future proof and are already good enough for the PS4. At some point every track is going to have to be improved to the point of being future proof.

Both the tracks and cars, once future proofed will be capable of running on any system, once the engine is built.

The GT5 engine is built and is still being tweaked by PD. As Kaz said, it is just a matter of adding the GT6 apps to the GT5 “operating system”.

I am sure there is a team at PD hard at work on the PS4 engine. Remember the rumor about the GT Prologue that is in the works for GT4. I am sure that the GT7 Prologue will be the sparkliest GT ever.

For now though I will be happy with GT6 being on the PS3 with enough new track to blow my hat off!

Who said anything about force? wut?

Maybe you are hoping for gt6 on ps3 because the cost of a new console will be high, but hey, no one will force you to buy a ps4 đź‘Ť

I did not say anything force I was making an expression as in no one told you to go and buy the next Gran Turismo series if it is made for ps3 which it probably will but only time and kaz team will tell.

machschnel
Yeah I know.

Hold back GT6 for a console no one has even seen (let alone bought), or, release an updated GT5 as GT6 on PS3 at a fraction of the cost with an immensely larger install base while preparing GT7 for PS4.

Do you think Sony would prefer to sell two games or just one, to a significantly smaller market no less?

Reasons GT6 is possible on PS3.

*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money
*Money
A release on current and next gen console works for Third Party developer. Sony wants to sell the PS4 and Gt is their biggest system seller.
They have more reasons to release it on PS4 than PS3.

Just my 2 cents.

actually i think we overlooked the most likely scenario here - that this means absolutely nothing - and they're just getting the hype train going by saying stuff thatll get the fans talking.
Same reason they "leaked" the GT evolution video before the meeting itself.

Nice try though đź‘Ť
Talk about grasping for straws. For once, ebf2 had a decently sound reasoning behind his posts.

What's hilarious though, is the amount of people in this thread believes this is wrong, even though this was all leaked by a Sony Executive. Between him & everyone here, he seems to have more credibility if what he says is true.

And it shouldn't be all that surprising. Sony was still releasing PS2 games during the PS3 era & a GT6 release for the PS3 means an easier chance of grabbing sales from everyone who owns GT5, where as it would require people to buy a PS4 if it went that route. The obvious drawback is that it won't move PS4 units which is what the franchise does well, but Sony doesn't seem to be lacking any first-party titles that can fill the role.

I really hope this is true as to be honest I don't think I'll be buying a PS4 until far into its cycle when its price has come down significantly - whether there is a GT available for it or not. I would be delighted to buy a GT6 for the PS3 as I already have the PS3 sat in my living room.

The PS4 already has a release date (sorta) and GT6 hasn't even been revealed, Sony themselves said that the GT series is their most popular exclusive series and i highly doubt that they would let them stay behind for another 4 years.

Also the two GT games per console thing really isn't that valid because it had only showed up twice, and besides, companies do sometimes change tactics (or in PD's case run out of time :sly: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Such sound logic going on in here.
Theres no point in trying to put your point of view in here because most people have their heart set on GT6 being on PS4. I dont care if its a PS3 or PS4 game myself. If its a PS4 game I will buy a PS4 for it if not I still have my PS3 to play GT6.

From a business standpoint it makes sense to release it on the PS3. The game has to be nearly finished by now. Would be kind of crazy for a business to pass up the money. That is why the do what they do....to make money.

I would prefer GT6 on the PS3, gives us (hopefully) a newer and better GT with more tracks and cars and features (keeping us busy) while PD put enough time into the PS4's version of GT.

Back