Gran Turismo 6 - The Worst Driving Game I Have Ever Played - My Ranty Review of GT6 (V1.0)

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 123 comments

Do You Hate Gran Turismo 6?

• Yes

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 100 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't like the game, why even review it?
I do reccomend you read the title again.
Gran Turismo 6 - The Worst Driving Game I Have Ever Played - My Ranty Review of GT6
It says 'My Ranty Review Of GT6'. That obviously means I don't like it.

Reactions: VBR
I do reccomend you read the title again.
Gran Turismo 6 - The Worst Driving Game I Have Ever Played - My Ranty Review of GT6
It says 'My Ranty Review Of GT6'. That obviously means I don't like it.
Well, reviewing somethig you hate isn't exactly fair to the source material.

Not to mention you never attempted to look at any high points of the game in your review.

I could probably do a half-arsed review and it'd still be more fair than this.

Well, reviewing somethig you hate isn't exactly fair to the source material.

Not to mention you never attempted to look at any high points of the game in your review.

I could probably do a half-arsed review and it'd still be more fair than this.
Tell me, are there any high points of this game that I would care about.
I'm going to play GT3 now.

Welcome to my mostly ranty reeview of GT6, the latest of the GT games. NOTE: I am playing this game on V1.0 as I cannot be bothered to spend four hours of my life updating a game I do not like. Also, I often get Download errors when updating, so I almost cannot update it...

The Good Bits:
- Nice sound effects in menus
- Lots of cars and tracks
- GT5's DLC is now in-game

The Ugly Bits:
- It's GT5 with plastic surgery gone wrong. It's the same game, made worse.

The Bad Bits:
I'll go over this in detail.
Part 1: Gameplay
The game in itself is awful. You may say that the gam gets better over the updates, but read the top of this thread. The star system is worse than GT5's level system, and that was bad. If GT5's level system was planets, The Moon would be it. GT6's star system is the Sun. It's that bad. PP is awful, too. Also, the flow of gameplay is horrible. The licenses are part of the events, and in old GT games, you could have the S License before you bought a car, and when you did buy one, you could enter the Formula GT Championship in a Toyota Yaris. Those were the days.

Part 2: Unlocking Stuff
It's worse then GT5's system. Instead of unlocking tracks, you have to unlock game modes!

Part 3: Money
It is hard to get in this game. It took me four hours to get an Altezza Touring Car!

Part 4: Course Maker
Whatever you call it, it's still a rubbish track creator for rich kids who have every known gadget in the known universe. Why do I need a tablet to create a track? Also, I'll never use the track creator because of reasons shown at the top of this post. I have a tablet and it said to me "This application is not compatible with your device". It means that I need to find the 'update' button in French, or buy a new tablet.

Part 5: Arcade Mode
20 cars available in Arcade Mode. Why?

As you can see, I hate this game. But do you? (please vote on the poll)
Also, please tell me why you hate it/like it in the reply section.

God, reading this again makes my brain hurt.

I'm going to play GT3 now.
1. Wide variety of cars.
Gran Turismo 6 boasts a car library of 1,200+ cars as of 1.22. The car list ranges from the simple Volkswagen Beetle and Fiat 500 to the monstrous Sauber C9 and bizarre Chaparral 2J. Not to mention the bonus Vision GT cars. Each one is a unique take on the concept of Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) and some have even seen real models and their designs carried into the production cars. Prominent examples are the Nissan 2020, Chaparral 2X and Volkswagen GTi.​

2. Massive track list
Out of the box, GT6 has more tracks and varieties than any other current racing sim. If I recall, it was about 71 tracks across 20 locations. As of 1.22, several more tracks have been added in and the course maker is now available. This means that the potential track list, replica and original, is likely infinite.
3. All new content is free
This is pretty self-explanatory but...Usually, when a racing game offers new content, it's in the form of paid DLC. In GT6 so far, all 20 or so new cars and 4-5 tracks have been totally free for all GT6 users.
4. Simple, clean user interface.
Again, self-explanatory. Everything is organized and easy to find, and there is the option to quickly tab over to a different section by hitting R1 or L1.
5. The franchise has a dedicated online community.
GTPlanet is one of the biggest forums for Gran Turismo. You can find almost anything in here that helps with your career in Gran Turismo. As a matter of fact, you can find practically everything here, from touge communities, to rally championships, and even threads where people discuss whether or not a car is a beater or a sleeper in the game.
These are all of the ones I could think of at the moment.
And before you mention the older GTs in comparison - GT3 has about 200 cars and GT4 (widely considered one of the best entries) has 750. Neither had as many tracks as 6 did.

Personally, I think GT6's biggest selling point is its complete flexibility. You can come up with just about any type of race and you'll find people who'll join you.

I.E. one-make race with the Fiat 500? Sure! One-Make with a Red Bull? Sure!

Just take a look in the GT6 club forum and look at all of the choices.

That said, you really should reconsider how you review your games.

Wide variety of cars.
Gran Turismo 6 boasts a car library of 1,200+ cars as of 1.22.
1,200+ cars which are mainly low quality, duplicates, or rubbish cars I don't need. Anyway not even half of them can fit in the garage.

71 tracks across 20 locations.

Mainly simple variations of different circuits, most of them which I don't care about.

As of 1.22, several more tracks have been

They have done it again! I've said many times that I will not update a game I do not like.

4-5 tracks

Are there any of the tracks I want? SSR11? Is that in there? No. Then I have no reason to update.

Usually, when a racing game offers new content, it's in the form of paid DLC.

Which I prefer. I have 380 Euros (European currency), and I want to spend it on something good.

4. Simple, clean user interface.
Again, self-explanatory. Everything is organized and easy to find, and there is the option to quickly tab over to a different section by hitting R1 or L1.

And I find it confusing and stupid.

The franchise has a dedicated online community.
GTPlanet is one of the biggest forums for Gran Turismo. You can find almost anything in here that helps with your career in Gran Turismo. As a matter of fact, you can find practically everything here, from touge communities, to rally championships, and even threads where people discuss whether or not a car is a beater or a sleeper in the game.

And so does all other online games.

Personally, I think GT6's biggest selling point is its complete flexibility.

Flexible? What has Polyphony Digital done now? Made it into an acrobat?

That said, you really should reconsider how you review your games.

That said, I don't need to change my OPINIONS.

As I said in the quote, I refuse to update any game I do not like, as it would be a waste of my precious time. Most of the time I live in Britain because of various reasons. I get to France after school on a Friday a 2:45PM (English time). It takes two hours to get to where I live in France. i don't have the time to waste four hours updating a game I do not like. In that time, I could have played better games like Gran Turismo 5, Burnout Paradise, GTA Online, Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed, and the list goes on...
Just because you have a reason to not update doesn't mean it makes your post automatically valid. Besides, many of the issues you have with v1.0 have been addressed. And your reason for not liking the Course Maker is ridiculous. You don't have to have an Android or iOS device to run the Track Path Editor. You just... don't. All you have to have is an emulator for PC, and it still works brilliantly with a mouse and keyboard. Heck, you don't have to have the TPE at all, if all you're interested in is trying out some of the thousands of fantastic tracks that have been uploaded to GTPlanet.

It's quite clear to me that you only see what you want to with GT6. If you were willing to take off your poo-colored glasses you'd see that it actually has some pretty neat stuff.

Stop liking things i dont like!
What do you mean?

Just because you have a reason to not update doesn't mean it makes your post automatically valid. Besides, many of the issues you have with v1.0 have been addressed. And your reason for not liking the Course Maker is ridiculous. You don't have to have an Android or iOS device to run the Track Path Editor. You just... don't. All you have to have is an emulator for PC, and it still works brilliantly with a mouse and keyboard. Heck, you don't have to have the TPE at all, if all you're interested in is trying out some of the thousands of fantastic tracks that have been uploaded to GTPlanet.

It's quite clear to me that you only see what you want to with GT6. If you were willing to take off your poo-colored glasses you'd see that it actually has some pretty neat stuff.

Slight issue - I don't wear glasses. My vision is fine. Also, I poo in a toilet, not on the glasses I don't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Doomotron If this is how you roll your review, then you should rename the title to "Review on Patch 1.0" or something similar because it can mislead people who already updating the game.

The game changed quite alot since it came.
That is exactly what I did. If it has, why hasn't Special Stage Route 11 been added yet? I thought PD was a loyal company. But no!

1,200+ cars which are mainly low quality, duplicates, or rubbish cars I don't need. Anyway not even half of them can fit in the garage.
GT6 has more premiums than Forza 5 has cars.

Mainly simple variations of different circuits, most of them which I don't care about.
Just like every other racing sim.

They have done it again! I've said many times that I will not update a game I do not like.

You brought that bad view on yourself by not updating. Tsk, tsk. Laziness.

Are there any of the tracks I want? SSR11? Is that in there? No. Then I have no reason to update.
Learn to compromise. They brought back Midfield Raceway.
Someone out in the track database did a replica of SR11.

Which I prefer. I have 380 Euros (European currency), and I want to spend it on something good.
That 380 euros should be put towards more important things than DLC. Like say, feeding a family ot paying insurance.

And I find it confusing and stupid.
Are you a Mac user? lol
It's sorted vertically, not horizontially. You're probably used to the horizontal layout in older GTs.

And so does all other online games.
Don't forget that most of the other sims have sub-forums here.

Flexible? What has Polyphony Digital done now? Made it into an acrobat?
What I meant is that the game lets you do more things with the cars and tracks than other more serious sims.

That said, I don't need to change my OPINIONS.

Again, learn to compromise. GT6 may have been a mess at 1.00, but it's significantly better as of the most current version.

If you can't bother to update it, it's your loss and nobody else's.

1. There are 1200 cars in the game. Seriously, you have anything from a kart to a 2,500 HP monster. Yes, there are plenty of standards, but not all of them are pixelation straight out of hell that you would expect.
  2. It's free to play online. This is one reason that I'm glad that this was on the PS3, even though online play isn't the best.
  3. Vision GT. You gotta give PD credit for going to all those manufacturers to see if they wanted to build a special concept/prototype that is released exclusively in GT6. A couple of them could make it into real life.
That's to just name a few. I know you have your opinions, but don't just shoot people down when they say something. To be honest, nobody has a right opinion, that's what facts are for.

What are we comparing that to GT6? I thought we were comparing it to older, better GTs.

Just like every other racing sim.

Yes, but not on that level.

You brought that bad view on yourself by not updating. Tsk, tsk. Laziness.

Thank you very much for insulting me in front of the internet.

Learn to compromise. They brought back Midfield Raceway.
Someone out in the track database did a replica of SR11.

The developers, Polyphony Digital, are perfectly capable of adding back SSR11. So tell me, why haven't they? Also, is there the big skyscrapers like the original? No.

That 380 euros should be put towards more important things than DLC. Like say, feeding a family ot paying insurance.

I'll re-phrase myself. 380 Euros to spend on electrical add-ons.

Are you a Mac user? lol

No, I use Windows 8.1.

What I meant is that the game lets you do more things with the cars and tracks than other more serious sims.

So, where is the livery editor?

Y'all have plenty patience. The guy doesn't like the game, notwithstanding basing his prejudice from an early version long past and therefor not current, has made up his mind and nothing you could say will change it, such is the mindset.
It's like trying to convince a PC user that Mac is the best...and vice versa. You just won't win.

Before I tackle this, you need to remember that this game is right at the limit of the outdated hardware on the PS3

What are we comparing that to GT6? I thought we were comparing it to older, better GTs.
I was simply making a point about the number of premiums in GT.

GT6 actually covers some tracks that no other franchise I know of has. I.E. Suzuka East, the original tracks (duh), Ascari, Fuji Speedway...there's more but they aren't coming to me right now.

If you took that as a insult, oh well. You've not been treating me with a lot of respect.

The developers, Polyphony Digital, are perfectly capable of adding back SSR11. So tell me, why haven't they? Also, is there the big skyscrapers like the original? No.
They likely didn't because of hardware limitations. Again, the PS3 is 8 or 9 years old now, and the hardware is the same as in a top end 2000-2005 PC.

I'll re-phrase myself. 380 Euros to spend on electrical add-ons.
Buy a tablet. It'll net you more value in the long run than DLC.

No, I use Windows 8.1.
I used 8.1 for three years. I didn't like the grid layout of it. GT6's UI is still easy for me.

Hardware limitations likely prohibit the game from handling liveries right.

This is my last post because I'm tired of this guy.

Will updating the game fix reversed suspension tuning?
Will updating the game fix the AI who does not want to win?
Will updating the game fix the broken camber?
Will updating the game fix the broken top speed?

The answer is NO!

I know this because I've played GT6 version 1.0

Last edited:

The answer is NO!

But it will fix many other issues that were present in 1.0, such as horrendous handling for mid-engined cars.

But it will fix many other issues that were present in 1.0, such as horrendous handling for mid-engined cars.
Tad bit off-topic, but, just out of curiosity, has the Cizeta V16T been fixed yet, or is it still undriveable?

Tad bit off-topic, but, just out of curiosity, has the Cizeta V16T been fixed yet, or is it still undriveable?

Last time I drove the V16T (which wasn't long ago), it drove like crap, but I'm sure it can be tamed with some good tuning.

Will updating the game fix the broken top speed?

The answer is NO!

Do I have to listen to someone who claims to be absolutely done with GT6, yet always comes back to talk crap about the game?

The answer is NO!

You confuse the GT6 1.1 with GT6 1.0
The cars in GT6 1.0 are not so aggressive(tail happy)as in GT6 1.1
Do I have to listen to someone who claims to be absolutely done with GT6, yet always comes back to talk crap about the game?

The answer is NO!
The truth hurts 👍

There's something to be said for reviewing a game at v1.0. It's the standard, and it's what every player is guaranteed to experience. You don't see gaming outlets issuing re-reviews for every single update. So those insisting the game be the newest version are just the other side of the coin. He doesn't like the game, you do.

That being said, @Doomotron - you're purposely setting things up for the outcome you want. If you don't like a game, not updating it is a guaranteed way to continue not liking it. Updating it may bring things you enjoy.

That is exactly what I did. If it has, why hasn't Special Stage Route 11 been added yet? I thought PD was a loyal company. But no!

What does one track not being added have to do with PD's loyalty?

What is this nebulous "level", then?

Calling someone lazy, when they can't be bothered to do something, isn't an insult. It's accurate.

The developers, Polyphony Digital, are perfectly capable of adding back SSR11.

Assumption.

Where is the course maker in every other game?

Do you see the flaw in this train of thought?

And your reason for not liking the Course Maker is ridiculous. You don't have to have an Android or iOS device to run the Track Path Editor. You just... don't. All you have to have is an emulator for PC, and it still works brilliantly with a mouse and keyboard. Heck, you don't have to have the TPE at all, if all you're interested in is trying out some of the thousands of fantastic tracks that have been uploaded to GTPlanet.

To be fair, as none of this is mentioned in the game, it's not unreasonable to bring it up for criticism. Even if we were to assume that every single member of GTP were a current owner of GT6 (which most certainly isn't the case), it'd be about 1/20th of the GT6 population. That leaves a lot of players that may not know about the back-door ways of being able to actually use the TPE, or how to access non-friend tracks.

The latter part is especially unfortunate, since PD's very own website is the access point. That functionality should be in the game, as community-building features are always a positive.

It's quite clear to me that you only see what you want to with GT6.

Irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back