Gran Turismo 6 - The Worst Driving Game I Have Ever Played - My Ranty Review of GT6 (V1.0)

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 123 comments

Do You Hate Gran Turismo 6?

• Yes

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 100 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still ignoring all the positives about GT6? Maybe if you gave it a chance and updated it you'd actually come to enjoy some stuff about it. Sierra, for instance, is one of the best tracks in the series period; the Course Maker has allowed for some absolutely glorious tracks made by other members of the community; and there are numerous other tweaks and fixes in the updates that make GT6 much more enjoyable than it was in v1.0.

But you're not going to be able to experience any of this because you refuse to update. Listen, if you want to miss out on a great driving experience, fine. Just stop spewing negativity and hatred towards the game when most of your criticisms are outdated and no longer valid.
He's allowed to spew all the negativity and hatred he wants, it's his game and his opinion of the game, not yours or anyone else's. So long as he follows the AUP he's fine.

Is that really necessary?

This is the most inane and unavailing thing I've read in a long while - and I've seen some stuff.
It's a common complaint about Assetto Corsa too, that the environments feel lifeless and flat and it's justified. It's not a big deal to me but I've seen lots of other people complain about it. Project Cars on the other hand is often praised because it's tracks feel more alive and part of the reason is the fans in the stands and the added trackside details. AC feels like you snuck into the track when it's closed and Project Cars feels like you're actually in a race on race day. It's a completely justified element in game review IMO, but that doesn't mean we all have to agree that it's important to us.

...I've just stumbled onto this thread and I don't even... What is this place?

While it's entertaining (:indiff:) to read through, I feel the need to ask the OP, why review something you don't even like? Why waste your valuable time playing a game you so obviously don't enjoy?

When I got Dragon's Dogma on the cheap, I hated the experience, so after playing for a bit, I stopped, let alone write up a detailed review of it.

I just don't understand your motive for this thread. Ranting? I'm sure you heard of the Epic Crying & Whining thread over yonder. At least over there, you'd run into a fair few like-minded folks, instead of here where you end up making up some migraine inducing "reasons" for not liking the game...
He's reviewing it because it's the GTG Reviews and Feedback thread. There's no requirement for him to not hate it or to like it.

He's allowed to spew all the negativity and hatred he wants, it's his game and his opinion of the game, not yours or anyone else's. So long as he follows the AUP he's fine.
It's acidic ******** like this that is destroying this community. Hate the game? Fine. Feel free to post about it; this is a forum, after all, and this is why forums exist. But at least a) make sure your criticisms are still relevant (i.e. that most of them haven't been patched out), and b) don't do what Doomotron has been doing and try to pass your opinion off as concrete, incontrovertible evidence that the game is trash and then proceed to spit thinly-veiled hatred at anyone who disagrees or dares to question your incredibly flawed logic.

Behavior like this is why this community is a cesspit, and those who defend it certainly aren't helping.

It's acidic ******** like this that is destroying this community.

What, the sweary, insulting rant you just went on? That?

But at least a) make sure your criticisms are still relevant (i.e. that most of them haven't been patched out)

I already covered why reviewing a game at v1.0 is not only relevant, but common practice. You even Liked it, so I assume you read it. Perhaps I was wrong?

don't do what Doomotron has been doing and try to pass your opinion off as concrete, incontrovertible evidence that the game is trash

I haven't seen what you're suggesting. I've seen a lot of misguided things posted by the member in question, and some strange preferences... but preferences are allowed.

If he would prefer to have a track with fans and staff populating it – regardless of others' opinion on the matter, or if it's possible – he's welcome to want that. Atmosphere is important to some. Others, not so much.

proceed to spit thinly-veiled hatred at anyone who disagrees or dares to question your incredibly flawed logic.

For those keeping score at home: this is precisely what you're doing.

Behavior like this is why this community is a cesspit, and those who defend it certainly aren't helping.

If that's how you wish to label the community here, which I find incredibly insulting, feel free to click here. Your poor attitude will not be missed.

And now we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back