Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza Motorsport 5-Test Drive SRT 2013@Bathurst

  • Thread starter Thread starter super_gt
  • 451 comments
  • 42,922 views
hahahaha the funiest thing i see in 2014..
yep forza have better graphics
better sound
maybe more fun
but physics??
not game physics but
physics who can compare with real life???
(example "trials" have awesome physics but can't compare it with real life. omg)
oh god those guys
or know nothing about driving
or take money from ms ..
maybe the 2nd ..
why we talk about this?
i do this compassion with friends and a real racing mate
with gt5 and f4
(the guy never in his life driving racing games) said:

"i can said gt is good but

i can't compare all most nothing in f4 with real life"
Thanks for that 👍
 
TCS = Traction Control System. Traction can still be lost. Yes, ABS can allow wheel lock up. I've locked up the brakes on my own car driving on the highway. It comes with ABS.

Thats why in all the Forza series you can adjust your brake pressure, elimiating lockups.
 
I listed 8 points that are not even an opinion but fact and you come back with im being vague.
I can agree with 7 of those points, but how can you present "Stale driving experience" as a fact? Even the word "experience" is inherently subjective.
And personally I thoroughly enjoy the driving experience in GT6, in spite of those other 7 points.
This is in no way meant as an attack or nitpicking. I'm just trying to convey that some of us actually enjoy GT6. :)
 
Different gen consoles
Different TVs
Different controllers
Too many variables to make a fair test.. Starting to see where some people get their daft opinions from..

EXCUSES!
 
I never loved GT, always it seemed to me it is boring and senseless because in GT never there was good this physics, gt1,2,3,4 were far from a simulator (Enthusia was much better, than gt4)
the atmosphere and traditions of GT is alien to me, I love Forza motorsport is more modern game with the best physics

Gt5 was awful physics, however many considered it as a simulator) F4 was much better than the physicist of driving. these are 100% the truth

But recently having bought gt6, I fell in love with this game, with this physics! I still don't love many features and aspects гт, but the physics forces me to forget about everything and to enjoy driving.

Fantasy tracks with springboards and height differences in gt5 seemed elaborate, and silly. But with new physics it is a useful experience

Tires - the suspension bracket, all this perfectly works, it is the best physics in my life! And this pleasure. Driving in gt6 - realistic, fascinating, and as if dance on tiptoe. I love gt6, for this physics, it is delightful!

In gt6 I play on fanatec gt2 + csr-e pedals.
Also recently Forza 5 and Thrustmaster TX bought. I very much respect F4, it is good physics for 2011, but gt6 it is better. And forza5 the physics too is good, but it peculiar, and differs from gt6

Physics gt6 realistic, but "benevolent", and here physics f5 more difficult for understanding. Also I play two weeks, and I didn't understand - what it is a physics f5.

Physics f5 more difficult, than in gt6, more "solid", more dangerous, and exacting. Even the physics of F5 seems to me is more cruel and prickly. But physics f5 - it is obvious more perfectly, Than in f4. that it is better - gt6 or f5 than the physicist, I can't answer yet.

Physics F5 - good,feeling good tires, but the suspension in GT6 better IMHO.
GT6 is a sense of realism, kindness ,simplicity ,and tough but fair punishment for driving on the grass,or careless driving(slide in GT not less severe than in F5 , but in F5 it happen more often)

but still GT6 forgives a lot of mistakes - driving in GT6 as a waltz. Driving in Forza 4 as Boxing - Boxing gloves, driving in F5 - like Boxing without gloves)

In F4 drifts more frequent than in GT6, but it is easily fixed on the steering wheel,even in SIM mode.
In F5 drifts compared to the F4 less often, but more often than GT6.
And F5 drifts very difficult to fix(although depends on car model) F5 steering wheel physics is very severe, does not forgive mistakes. It's fun. But I don't know who is right GT6 or F5.
I like both, but GT6 physics I like probably more due to better suspension physics

Don't want to pass for casual,but I think that GT6 physics more realistic, as in physics F5 too difficult.
Although F5 physics can be called emotional. And F5 is a feature, driving seems more solid and immersion than in GT6

The perception of physics and influence of external factors on the joystick is a vibration in the triggers, steering wheels - what in GT6 I have a simpler Fanatec gt2 , and F5 is a more advanced TX.
Feedback in GT6 worse, possibly due to a difference in class steering wheels.

The engine sound in GT6 lousy, external special effects such as the noise of the gravel in the wheel arches,suspension squeaks, etc modern sound effects in GT6 is missing. The sound effects and the engine in Gt6 At the level of 2001.
But despite more bad feedback, and sound - I like to ride in GT, possibly nicer than F5,although I've always been a fan of Forza Motorsport.

And if GT6 would be such a beautiful computer graphics ,as in F5, the same modern sound engine and sound effects... Then F5 could compete with GT6 , if even without all this, it seems to me that GT6 nicer driving? despite the crappy graphics, sound,and not the best feedback,with wacky shaking steering wheel effect?
Now for me the sum of the driving feeling GT6 and F5 on equal terms, but only due to external factors such as sound, graphics, etc
Edit
 
Last edited:
They're out at the same time.

If you want to decide between GT and Forza and you want a game now, you have to compare Forza 5(or less) and GT6(or less). This comparison is completely fair. PD chose to develop for PS3.

Alright, but then the price of the console should also be a factor. For the price of one Xbox One you can get three PS3.
 
Alright, but then the price of the console should also be a factor. For the price of one Xbox One you can get three PS3.
It may be a factor, but not for comparing two games.
 
Of course it is, price is something you can compare.
Of course it is, but we aren't comparing consoles.
 
Of course it is, but we aren't comparing consoles.

Well:

If you want to decide between GT and Forza and you want a game now...

...then you'd have to compare the consoles as well, because there's no point in buying a game if you don't have the hardware to play it.
 
Well:



...then you'd have to compare the consoles as well, because there's no point in buying a game if you don't have the hardware to play it.
You started off as if not owning either, insinuating that it would be better to buy GT6 because you can "Buy 3 PS3's for the price of one Xbox One" People know full well that you need a console, and usually have the money for both before considering buying either. You also have to consider that if you take the PS3 route then your going down a road that isnt going to be around for long. Essentially leading you to buy ANOTHER console, if you want to continue gaming in the future.

For comparing two video games, consoles should not be a factor. We already know they are for two different systems, so cost shouldnt be that big a factor for comparing two games. If it is, why are you even comparing in the first place if your not even going to try the other just because its on a console you haven't purchased.

This is more about GT6 or Forza, and less about PS3 and Xbox One.
 
Last edited:
You started off as if not owning either, insinuating that it would be better to buy GT6 because you can "Buy 3 PS3's for the price of one Xbox One" People know full well that you need a console, and usually have the money for both before considering buying either. You also have to consider that if you take the PS3 route then your going down a road that isnt going to be around for long. Essentially leading you to buy ANOTHER console, if you want to continue gaming in the future.

For comparing two video games, consoles should not be a factor. We already know they are for two different systems, so cost shouldnt be that big a factor for comparing two games. If it is, why are you even comparing in the first place if your not even going to try the other just because its on a console you haven't purchased.

This is more about GT6 or Forza, and less about PS3 and Xbox One.

If you want to compare two games without the intent of buying them, then the console and the price doesn't matter. Just as I can compare a Ferrari to a Fiat and have the Ferrari be the winner because it's not about buying the product.

But you forget that it is about buying the product, because the question was: if you want to decide between GT and Forza and you want the game now...

...then price is an issue. For me, who already owns a PS3 and a wheel, getting an Xbox One, a Thrustmaster TX and Forza 5 would be 20 times more expensive than getting GT6.
 
...then price is an issue. For me, who already owns a PS3 and a wheel, getting an Xbox One, a Thrustmaster TX and Forza 5 would be 20 times more expensive than getting GT6.
So its turning less of a comparison between two games, but rather which option is cheaper. Does not help, what soever, with what this thread is about.
 
So its turning less of a comparison between two games, but rather which option is cheaper. Does not help, what soever, with what this thread is about.

It's not about which option is cheaper, it's about getting value for the money. I get more value for the money from GT6 than what I would get from Forza 5. Once GT7 (and FM6?) is released it will be more equal on the price aspect because then I'd have to get a new console and probably a new wheel as well regardless of which game I pick.

And price is part of the product and highly relevant when chosing which game to buy.

Again, this is where the discussion came from:

if you want to decide between GT and Forza and you want the game now
 
It's not about which option is cheaper, it's about getting value for the money. I get more value for the money from GT6 than what I would get from Forza 5. Once GT7 (and FM6?) is released it will be more equal on the price aspect because then I'd have to get a new console and probably a new wheel as well regardless of which game I pick.

And price is part of the product and highly relevant when chosing which game to buy.

Again, this is where the discussion came from:
Considering both games are $60, then I dont see the need to bring up value for money concerning the game. Cost of a required product to play it is a different story, since we are comparing games here. Would probably fit more in the Xbox/PS threads.

I understand though, you are strictly talking about whats easier/convenient for you. Still it had nothing to do with the comparison of the two games in the thread.
 
Alright, but then the price of the console should also be a factor. For the price of one Xbox One you can get three PS3.

That depends. The price might not matter for someone. Certainly, the console prices are not a direct factor in the prices of the games. You can also consider the lifetime of a console. You probably won't see any future GT's on PS3. You definitely won't see GT's benefiting from PS4/Xbox One technology on PS3.

If you plan to buy one game and play it for the rest of your lift, it's easier to figure out long term cost. If you're buying more than just a single game and look forward to future releases, it becomes more complicated.

It's not about which option is cheaper, it's about getting value for the money.
That (the value) is subjective. One option can be more expensive and have a better value.

I get more value for the money from GT6 than what I would get from Forza 5.
This is reasonable. The opposite position is just as reasonable.

Once GT7 (and FM6?) is released it will be more equal on the price aspect because then I'd have to get a new console and probably a new wheel as well regardless of which game I pick.
You can't assume that someone needs to factor in buying in the console. They may own both already, or they may be getting one or the other as a gift, etc. If they do need to buy the consoles, the price might not matter to them.

Also, if you buy GT6 then get a new game on a new console, you'd be paying PS4 + GT6 + GT7. If you get FM5 now and then later get FM6 you pay for Xbox One + FM5 + FM6. The cost is about the same in the long run.

And price is part of the product and highly relevant when chosing which game to buy.
Although the games are dependent on the consoles, you can't just add the console price to the total. It's situational. The relevance of the price will also vary from person to person.
 
@Exorcet

While price might not matter to someone, damage or handling or physics might also not matter to someone. For most people it is a factor though, and so is price.

You're right about the XB1 having more of its life ahead of it so as a long term investment it will probably have great value. But it's still a costly investment that you'd have to make and it's probably putting some possible customers off.

And yes, value is subjective. I can only speak for myself. But then again, most things in a review is subjective.

The assumption of having to buy an Xbox One is based on the fact that it's a new console, while the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has been on the market for many years. There are more people who owns a console from previous generation than who owns a next generation console. More people would have to invest in new hardware.

And yes, in the long run the costs would be more or less the same, because if you go for GT7 you'd have to get a new console anyway:

Once GT7 (and FM6?) is released it will be more equal on the price aspect because then I'd have to get a new console and probably a new wheel as well regardless of which game I pick.

A situational price is still a price that the customer would have to pay and I bet that it's something that's holding FM5 sales back.
 
Why are we comparing GT6 (last gen) against FM5 (current gen).
 
What you are asking is completely irrelevant.. Live for Speed came out in 2003 and that version is better than either of these simcades. And FYI you could play it easily on a Pentium 4 1.3 Ghz!

Does it look as good as GT6 or FM5 ?
Game play wise I can't comment, never played it.
But this thread started comparing bathurst on two very different machines with 1 having alot more power over the other 1.
Now its become a 1 is better than the other 1 graphically thread, thats why I was asking whats the point.

By the way I agree with you, there are alot of older racing games that are better (game play / physics wise) than these two.
 
Last edited:
Does it look as good as GT6 or FM5 ?
Game play wise I can't comment, never played it.
But this thread started comparing bathurst on two very different machines with 1 having alot more power over the other 1.
Now its become a 1 is better than the other 1 graphically thread, thats why I was asking whats the point.

By the way I agree with you, there are alot of older racing games that are better (game play / physics wise) than these two.
It doesn't look better but we had visible tyre flex, tyre pressure, dynamic flat spots, hot spots and tire wall deformation and generally a physics engine that was more complete than these 2 ever have - and that was more than a decade ago running on pcs slower than my mobile phone.
 
It doesn't look better but we had visible tyre flex, tyre pressure, dynamic flat spots, hot spots and tire wall deformation and generally a physics engine that was more complete than these 2 ever have - and that was more than a decade ago running on pcs slower than my mobile phone.

There the type of physics us GT player's can only dream about :)
 
But this thread started comparing bathurst on two very different machines with 1 having alot more power over the other 1.
Darin Gangi compares two identical cars in this video.
 
I just read the replies between @eran0004 and @ImaRobot, and I want to say this:

Comparing 2 games like GT & Forza seems pointless to me, because each one is made in different conditions, in different time, from different developers and offers different features in the world. Gran Turismo started in the beginning of console gaming history, and its main target was to make people enjoy their drive in a casual way. That's why it collected many fans since Gran Turismo 1.

Forza started with a different target behind. Forza gave more emphasis on how it will make a harder simulation for the most of people. This made it's games less boring and more challenging.

I believe it depends on who is the person you're looking for. If you're talking with a person who just wants to take his favourite car for a drive or a friendly race, Gran Turismo will be his main "hero". But, if you're talking with a person who wants to test his skills in a more challenging way, Forza is the solution. You can test your skills in GT too, but you won't have the same experience & data like Forza gives. But if you don't care about it so much, and if GT makes you feel happy (like me :D), then be my guest ;)

In other words: choose what makes you feel happy!
 
Not at all , but GT never moves forward.

You do not need to be a fan of any other game to see this, GT is dying and its not hard to see why, they can't even get the basics right , I was a GT fan but im not enclined to blindly support a franchise that can't sort out the basics of the game they produce.
Go play Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo 4 and then try to tell me these again...

Excuse me for double post
 
Considering both games are $60, then I dont see the need to bring up value for money concerning the game. Cost of a required product to play it is a different story, since we are comparing games here. Would probably fit more in the Xbox/PS threads.

I understand though, you are strictly talking about whats easier/convenient for you. Still it had nothing to do with the comparison of the two games in the thread.
GT6 is 40USD or less nearly all over the planet. Very few countries left where it is more than 40USD when new in box; unopened. And you can get it off amazon if you wanted and shipped across the world for next to nothing.

The physics in GT6 are far better than F5. GT6 feels like there are more physical actions and reactions taking place. As if there is just more going on; ie suspension travel and the tires reacted to the road and vehicle.

Anyone I've come across who raves about forza doesn't care about the physics. ZOMG you can even change pistons! Ok? But every car drives like a race car lol.
 
Everything
Yes, I agree with that. Whether or not the [console] cost matters is situational, and the same can be said for some features of the games. The price of the consoles is an external factor though, even if it might be relevant in a lot of cases.

When I said that to be fair, you must compare FM5 and GT6, I wasn't saying that to downplay GT. If I was still in the market for these sims, I would certainly be disappointed with PD's choice to develop on PS3 as it brings no advantages for me at all. However the opposite could be true for many people. What I was trying to point out was that just because the two sims are on different levels of hardware, that doesn't make them unfit for comparison.

Console price concerns are valid for all the reasons stated, but I'd classify that as an external cost when you're looking at the games directly.

The physics in GT6 are far better than F5. GT6 feels like there are more physical actions and reactions taking place. As if there is just more going on; ie suspension travel and the tires reacted to the road and vehicle.

Anyone I've come across who raves about forza doesn't care about the physics. ZOMG you can even change pistons! Ok? But every car drives like a race car lol.
I've only driven GT6/FM5 a handful of times and I've missed out of various updates to them, especially GT6, but you are very wrong to say that Forza players do not care about physics. For the most part, many players I know that went from GT to Forza did so at least in part due to physics. That's why I left GT5. FM4 was vastly superior when it came to physics, to the point where there wasn't really a comparison to be made. From my FM5/GT6 experience, this hasn't changed, though GT6 has been patched since. There's certainly something odd going in whatever version of GT I played when I couldn't get a FF car to step out no matter how violent I was with it on weight transfer to the front. That was the very first thing I tested upon owning FM4 and unlike GT5, the car acted as you would expect.

I think Forza is the series that cares more about physics. GT is a cool care game that's still realistic, but more about the feel of driving than the action of driving.
 
Last edited:
what an awful lot of nonsense this thread contains... starting with the non-sense comparison video, obviously.

Next time I'll go compare 1980's Arkanoid with Battlefield 4 or Crysis
 
Back