Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza Motorsport 5-Test Drive SRT 2013@Bathurst

  • Thread starter Thread starter super_gt
  • 451 comments
  • 42,921 views
I wouldn't even bother. He's not here to have an intelligent debate or add anything meaningful. He just said that list of things he doesn't like about the games are Fact...he's hopeless.
At least I know somebody has some common sense in here :cheers:
And thanks to everyone who liked my posts 👍
 
Seriously??? :rolleyes: Still trying to get the basic physics right???

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-is-totally-wrong.302818/page-3#post-9369543

(not just the Covette, everything)

I did a quick hop over to Forza 4 for the sake of comparison and found the C6 Z06 hits about 200 mph on Sarthe.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/flat-floors-custom-parts.292074/

They don't make you slower

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/camber-theory.294762/

The replacement for GT5's backwards spring rates

Don't forget the grip multiplyer tires. Or that you can't add front downforce to anything, the lack of turbo lag...
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-is-totally-wrong.302818/page-3#post-9369543

(not just the Covette, everything)

I did a quick hop over to Forza 4 for the sake of comparison and found the C6 Z06 hits about 200 mph on Sarthe.
Nothing more than a small aero glitch.

In a straight line they should, it is overdone however.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/camber-theory.294762/

The replacement for GT5's backwards spring rate

Don't forget the grip multiplyer tires. Or that you can't add front downforce to anything, the lack of turbo lag...
Half of those things aren't physics.

Overall, GT's basic physics are correct. The physics for GT6 are one of it's main excelling points. All other things are just small glitches that aren't anywhere near game breaking.
 
Nothing more than a small aero glitch.
Yet no attempt to fix it yet, it's been around for a while. Either it's bigger than it seems or its intentional, like early GT downforce vs drag.


In a straight line they should, it is overdone however.
They shouldn't at any point. I explain in the thread I linked to.

Half of those things aren't physics.
Adding the front downforce option isn't a physics issue, but it's a very strange thing when you can add rear downforce which in some cases requires front downforce to balance.

Overall, GT's basic physics are correct. The physics for GT6 are one of it's main excelling points. All other things are just small glitches that aren't anywhere near game breaking.

From the GT6 Academy demo I did see a small improvement in suspension, but I was not able to thoroughly test suspension in GT6 proper, so I left that out. However, I can't overlook an oversimplified tire model (this is no glitch), and tuning options having backwards or non-sensical results (you could argue that the camber thing is a bug, but GT5 went its whole life with backwards suspension.

Forza 4 was a better sim in terms of driving than GT5 and it seems like it's better than GT6.
 
At least I know somebody has some common sense in here :cheers:
And thanks to everyone who liked my posts 👍
You are not alone but at this point there is not much people caring to argue in these threads. They are always the same people that automatically jumps anxious to prove how GT failed in almost all departments meanwhile they defend how awesome are the Forza games. It has been the same for years, cherry-picking only the lows in one side to prove their distorted reality. A world where GT is stealing all the credit that would deserve other games. No matter their success and achievements. And will be the same with GT10, even if Forza does not exist by then!
 
You are not alone but at this point there is not much people caring to argue in these threads. They are always the same people that automatically jumps anxious to prove how GT failed in almost all departments meanwhile they defend how awesome are the Forza games. It has been the same for years, cherry-picking only the lows in one side to prove their distorted reality. A world where GT is stealing all the credit that would deserve other games. No matter their success and achievements. And will be the same with GT10, even if Forza does not exist by then!

So, you know, we're still waiting on those videos you never provided. Any chance that's going to happen, or will you disappear again and pretend it never happened?
 
They are always the same people that automatically jumps anxious to prove how GT failed in almost all departments meanwhile they defend how awesome are the Forza games. It has been the same for years, cherry-picking only the lows in one side to prove their distorted reality.

It works both ways, doesn't it?
 
You're still clueless on what I said. I highlighted certain vague points that were the words of a fanboy, and yet again, you're just bashing GT and you can't say a single bad word about Forza. Also, tell me how "stale driving experience" is a fact. I don't use the term fanboy lightly, but you're honestly one of them.

EDIT - If you hate GT this much, why do you keep coming back to this thread? I treat Forza and GT fairly equally. They could both learn from each other. But you can't say a bad word about Forza, and instead GT is so much of a failure, and it's a disaster, it's stale etc. Apparently, these are all facts, and not opinion in any way (a biased and tainted opinion at that) :rolleyes:.

So by saying GT series lacks in number of aspects, It automaticaly means, that he praises Forza and claiming, it is perfect? Sorry, but the only perfect representation of butthurt fanboy is You, going by what You post here. Again, he provided a list of LONGTIME and WELL-KNOWN issues, that GT series have been plagued by over the course of X years, yet the only thing, that You are throwing at him are the sales number and now the stale driving experience, which while I agree with, I also can see how can this only be a matter of taste and opinion. And by You not responding to other issues, he listed, It may seem to me, that You agree with them. About the arguments bieng vague..theese issues (sounds, AI) have been discussed to death in number of threads so I don´t see the need for more in depth explanation.
Don´t get me wrong, I have played Forza 3 only once and that was it. But I don´t need any direct comparsion to see the issues of GT series.

EDIT: I didn´t read Your response to me, sorry
 
Last edited:
Despite that, some people still play GT even with all the things Alss mentioned. Need I say people don't care about the flaws games contain? They will still enjoy said game no matter what. Other games being better or not, who cares.
If we don't complain about the problems, PD won't give a damn about fixing them. Forza has been out for around 10 years now and PD still refuses to add or change things that Forza does better. Imagine if Forza was on the Playstation alongside GT. Why would people put up with problems on one game that are not existant on another.

Now Forza does things wrongs as well like no night racing, even when it was in Horizon. And no rally racing even though there are a couple of rally ready cars in F5. To be honest though if they're going to half-ass it like PD did, I wouldn't even bother.
 
It works both ways, doesn't it?
See how many versus threads exist and what side have the more vocal, insistent and annoying users. There is no color. GT has been trashed and nitpicked to the death and for every Forza flaw exposed there are always at least two users denying any criticism or trying to find a theory to excuse the problem. The personal attacks and the hostile or evasive replies aren't rare if you are not on their side!
 
See how many versus threads exist and what side have the more vocal, insistent and annoying users.
What does that show?

GT has been trashed and nitpicked to the death and for every Forza flaw exposed there are always at least two users denying any criticism or trying to find a theory to excuse the problem.
Switch GT and Forza and you see exactly the same thing.

The personal attacks and the hostile or evasive replies aren't rare if you are not on their side!
Yes. No matter what side you're on.
 
Nothing more than a small aero glitch.


In a straight line they should, it is overdone however.


Half of those things aren't physics.

Overall, GT's basic physics are correct. The physics for GT6 are one of it's main excelling points. All other things are just small glitches that aren't anywhere near game breaking.

Heh. You don't hesitate to throw the "fanboy" label out (disregarding how often the staff have pointed out these sorts of insults are unacceptable), but brush away any criticisms as glitches or unimportant. There's some irony for you...

See how many versus threads exist and what side have the more vocal, insistent and annoying users.

The count did seem sort of low lately; welcome back, then.

There is no color. GT has been trashed and nitpicked to the death and for every Forza flaw exposed there are always at least two users denying any criticism or trying to find a theory to excuse the problem. The personal attacks and the hostile or evasive replies aren't rare if you are not on their side!

Wait, I found the irony jackpot! Cue more baseless claims by Zer0, followed by weeks of silence and/or back-peddling when he's called on his claims.
 
Heh. You don't hesitate to throw the "fanboy" label out (disregarding how often the staff have pointed out these sorts of insults are unacceptable), but brush away any criticisms as glitches or unimportant. There's some irony for you...
I like to put people who aren't willing to have a discussion in their place.

EDIT - Shouldn't mods take some role in sorting out 'overly biased' (rhymes with canboy) users who aren't contributing to the argument? It's kind of a put down to bring the thread back to an orderly discussion, get a lot of likes for it, and then get told off :guilty:.
 
Last edited:
If we don't complain about the problems, PD won't give a damn about fixing them. Forza has been out for around 10 years now and PD still refuses to add or change things that Forza does better. Imagine if Forza was on the Playstation alongside GT. Why would people put up with problems on one game that are not existant on another.

Now Forza does things wrongs as well like no night racing, even when it was in Horizon. And no rally racing even though there are a couple of rally ready cars in F5. To be honest though if they're going to half-ass it like PD did, I wouldn't even bother.
I know. I was just saying some people wouldn't be bothered by them, not all. ;)
 
Different gen consoles
Different TVs
Different controllers
Too many variables to make a fair test.. Starting to see where some people get their daft opinions from..
 
No it's not forced on, but being several seconds faster with SRF, means you have no chance to crack the top few hundred or thousand without it, and certainly can't compete for a top spot without it. I tried it for the first time in the Rocket Seasonal and hated every second of it. I almost spun once getting a wheel onto the grass heading into the hairpin and actually gained on my ghost as a result. Mario Kart is more realistic than GT with SRF:tdown:👎

A salient couple of points:cheers: Add to that he's using SS tires and the stock tune is based on SH tires, who knows how that affected the results.
Which is exactly why there should be separate leaderboards for online-related events. One for assists especially, but one for picking regions as well.
 
You are not alone but at this point there is not much people caring to argue in these threads. They are always the same people that automatically jumps anxious to prove how GT failed in almost all departments meanwhile they defend how awesome are the Forza games. It has been the same for years, cherry-picking only the lows in one side to prove their distorted reality. A world where GT is stealing all the credit that would deserve other games. No matter their success and achievements. And will be the same with GT10, even if Forza does not exist by then!
haha That is why I'm using this new "Like" system more than ever. It becomes and is so irritating arguing about something that won't affect someone's point-of-view, even if it were just slightly. We all want better things for car games on game consoles, but it's not like arguing why something is or isn't the way it is or shouldn't be will change anything.

I think the changes CAN come if most posters collectively agree on the changes that need to be made, instead of making threads that will inevitably become a "hater's" or "apologist's" paradise. I'm an apologist so the haters don't care what I had to say when I was always posting during GT5's run on the PS3.
 
I like to put peole who aren't willing to have a discussion in their place.

EDIT - Shouldn't mods take some role in sorting out 'overly biased' (rhymes with canboy) users who aren't contributing to the argument? It's kind of a put down to bring the thread back to an orderly discussion, get a lot of likes for it, and then get told off :guilty:.
You like to put people In there place , and you are who ? You resort to name calling a look thats not nice ,your putting nobody in there place.
 
I like to put people who aren't willing to have a discussion in their place.

By brushing off anything that doesn't align with your view (otherwise known as "not furthering the discussion")? Again, ironic.

EDIT - Shouldn't mods take some role in sorting out 'overly biased' (rhymes with canboy) users who aren't contributing to the argument? It's kind of a put down to bring the thread back to an orderly discussion, get a lot of likes for it, and then get told off :guilty:.

No - so long as people are posting their opinions, staying reasonably on-topic, and not violating the AUP, they can continue to do so. Though if you really think "overly biased" members should be dealt with, well, would you really want to be silenced?
 
Are you proForza or just a regular Xbox fanboy?
Sorry to disappoint but neither.
I'm glad you jumped to that conclusion though. Makes things much easier for me.
 

Granted the xbone dude wasn't using a wheel, and it was damp at the track, they seem to switch frustrating understeer into oversteer, for enjoyment. (in my opinion)
 
Yes, FORZA5 is unnecessarily tail happy. Yes it's fun.
 
See how many versus threads exist and what side have the more vocal, insistent and annoying users. There is no color. GT has been trashed and nitpicked to the death and for every Forza flaw exposed there are always at least two users denying any criticism or trying to find a theory to excuse the problem. The personal attacks and the hostile or evasive replies aren't rare if you are not on their side!

The difference is that Forza actually has the tools that ''fanboys'' need to defend it whereas GT ''fanboys'' just hold on to nostalgia and promises that never actually come true.
 
Forza 4 was a better sim in terms of driving than GT5
Boy... a lot of people disagree with you, and some of them are pros like Tiff Needell.

I like Forza too, just not as much, and as with everything, personal preferences play a big role. Just like bot A.I., some people like overly aggressive bots, but Forza's bots get on my nerves and are really too violent to be included in a racing sim. But this is why a variety of games is a win for us all. If you want bots that race like net brats or are overly polite, there's a game available that suits your desires.
 
Boy... a lot of people disagree with you, and some of them are pros like Tiff Needell.
I invite him to make a case for his side (and if it was in the video above I didn't see it. I saw someone used to a wheel not understanding a controller. It's your typical driving simulator test with poor standards and very low objectivity.

I like Forza too, just not as much, and as with everything, personal preferences play a big role.
I'm activly avoiding preference in this case. Physics comparisons have the ability to be completely objective, which is one reason why I focus on them when it comes to comparing games.

Just like bot A.I., some people like overly aggressive bots, but Forza's bots get on my nerves and are really too violent to be included in a racing sim. But this is why a variety of games is a win for us all. If you want bots that race like net brats or are overly polite, there's a game available that suits your desires.
The AI wouldn't be included in my line about driving. I meant the physics. I agree that Forza's AI is overly aggressive. I think it's better than GT's AI, but that would be preference.

I'm all about trying to suit desires, I usually rampage (exaggeration) up and down the GT forums screaming for more options in the game. Forza could do with them too.
 
hahahaha the funiest thing i see in 2014..
yep forza have better graphics
better sound
maybe more fun
but physics??
not game physics but
physics who can compare with real life???
(example "trials" have awesome physics but can't compare it with real life. omg)
oh god those guys
or know nothing about driving
or take money from ms ..
maybe the 2nd ..
why we talk about this?
i do this compassion with friends and a real racing mate
with gt5 and f4
(the guy never in his life driving racing games) said:

"i can said gt is good but

i can't compare all most nothing in f4 with real life"
 
Last edited:
Back