Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes:

Drive fast enough and look to the left or right in cockpit view and it looks like an episode of Star Trek.

How is this achievable? Do you simply need to drive for a long enough period of time, or is there a certain weather % that needs to be maintained? Once again, really not trying to take this all off topic, just very intrigued by this discovery.

I've found it works best if you leave it around 25%, but I've never really not had it snow when I turn weather on at the track (and because of that, I always turn the weather on). It doesn't just automatically start snowing, as you need to go out and drive around a bit. But once it does start it basically doesn't stop unless you turn weather off entirely, even if the track starts drying.

Here's another one:

Special%2520Stage%2520Route%25207_15.jpg

LMP/Group C cars were the best, because of how their windows were on interior view.

Last edited:
Now, Amar, you know as well as I- the limitations of the ps3 were KNOWN QUANTITIES when PD started to develop GT5 with these 500,000-polygon cars and tried to get them to do all of those wonderful things you listed.

Thats like having a stock motor in your sportscar, being told that the bottom end can only handle 500hp, and then going off like a total dingbat and slapping a giant 18psi turbo on there giving you a 'predicted' 750hp.

You know? 750 horsepower sounds great! But we knew beforehand that the block, crank, rods, and pistons could never handle that. So who would be foolish enough to slap that big turbo on there? And then go back and blame the bottom end for NOT having the strength?

:ouch:

This sums up the decision-making abilities of Polyphony Digitals leaders. All of this controversy can be traced to them, and them alone. 6 years of developement for gt5 is the root cause of our ps4 issue. WE are the ones paying the price for THEIR ineptitude. It's disheartening to hear people use the term "rushed game" when talking about gt5. 6 years?

My guess is they didn't want to have to do all that work twice: once for PS3, and then again for PS4 (Kaz alluded to this back in the GT2 / GT3 days - hence the original "future proof" claim for GT4's cars). It's a shame for us, but it should give GT a big boost for PS4. They've effectively been working on GT6 for some time now, and by the end of 2014 that could easily be more than 5 years already.

By that point, it'll be a while before they have to iterate content again, and the difference then will be even smaller (than PS3 - > PS4), so after that they could potentially wait two gens again before re-making everything. That's assuming we stay with the "discrete generations", which is looking increasingly unlikely in the case of controlled delivery of content and environments in which to use that content (i.e. console games); streaming and distributed computing (!!!) should start to come into its own once the infrastructure is upgraded. Although, that'll mean they'll be doing weird things with hardware...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully more information regarding GT6 comes out in next few days at Tokyo Auto Salon. It is about history of Gran Turismo so hopefully Kaz gets asked about the future.

Hopefully more information regarding GT6 comes out in next few days at Tokyo Auto Salon. It is about history of Gran Turismo so hopefully Kaz gets asked about the future.

If it really is a PS4 game you're not going to hear anything until it's announced. Well, maybe little tidbits but I doubt it.

I'm not trying to be forceful or push the issue at all. I think it's kind of unfair to present what appear to be rumours as truth (until proven true) and expect us to swallow them as fact.

I'm by no means saying the OP is lying or is misleading us but without proof it's hard to take it seriously. I know the reason for lack of proof has been posted, but that, to me, screams of an excuse.

To me, I honestly take it as fact until proven wrong. what reason do any of us have to doubt this person? it's not like any half conscience person is taking these statements and planning their whole life around them, if the guy is wrong, he's wrong, but unless he is ill informed, he wouldn't have taken the time to post them if he wasn't pretty confident they are true...

And this is, of coarse, just my opinion

To me, I honestly take it as fact until proven wrong. what reason do any of us have to doubt this person? it's not like any half conscience person is taking these statements and planning their whole life around them, if the guy is wrong, he's wrong, but unless he is ill informed, he wouldn't have taken the time to post them if he wasn't pretty confident they are true...

And this is, of coarse, just my opinion

I'm Kaz himself and I say the OP is lying. What reason do you have to doubt me?

Well you're a 20 year old situated in Denmark for a start..

It's my disguise. :)
Or maybe I've just misinformed all of you for the past years.

Obviously I was trying to make a point. Believning something a complete stranger on the internet says, dispite that person not giving any evidence to support his claims, isn't the smartest thing ever.

I personally hope GT6 is a PS4 game.

If it is a PS4 game and a launch title, i would expect footage of GT6 to be aired the same day as the PS4 is revealed. Rumors and speculation seem to indicate the reveal will happen this year with the release happening in 2014. The OP indicates a GT6 released in March 2014... which seems a reasonable release date for the PS4.

The OP's comments seem plausible. I think Sony would do well to really push GT6 as a launch title. The advertising would certainly build up a lot of hype for the new system. Hell, I know i'll buy a PS4 day one if GT6 is a launch title.

Potential closed door reveal of the PS4 in February
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1754655/ps4_reveal_coming_february_rumour.html
&
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...sed-doors-industry-event-ahead-of-ps4-reveal/

Last edited:
It's my disguise. :)
Or maybe I've just misinformed all of you for the past years.

Obviously I was trying to make a point. Believning something a complete stranger on the internet says, dispite that person not giving any evidence to support his claims, isn't the smartest thing ever.

One other thing, Yamauchi doesn't speak english, he always have a translator with him.
Phishing is a very serious thing my friend :)

One other thing, Yamauchi doesn't speak english, he always have a translator with him.

It's easy to use a translator on the internet.

I totally believe him. Keep up the good work Kaz. 👍

Spagetti69
Doesn't make any sense to me.

xD i made a mistake.

ch3ng
The problem is Forza and Xbox. They can't afford to release GT6 on PS4 while Forza 5 is released on new Xbox.

Just my 2 cents

Edit:

ch3ng
The problem is Forza and Xbox. They can't afford to release GT6 on PS3 while Forza 5 is released on new Xbox.

Just my 2 cents
/
/
/
/

thelvynau
In that case he would be wrong.

Spec 2 is hardly a separate game.

Well. It's true GT5 Spec 2 isn't a new game, but they had the opportunity to update the game. They didn't need to make a new GT on PS3.

Last edited:
My guess is they didn't want to have to do all that work twice: once for PS3, and then again for PS4 (Kaz alluded to this back in the GT2 / GT3 days - hence the original "future proof" claim for GT4's cars). It's a shame for us, but it should give GT a big boost for PS4. They've effectively been working on GT6 for some time now, and by the end of 2014 that could easily be more than 5 years already.

This is a bit off topic but could you please give me a source of that quote that GT4 cars are future proofed? I see a lot of people use it as an argument here on GTP but I never believed that this was actually said by PD or Kaz (because it's too stupid). So I'd love to know if I'm wrong on this the whole time or not.

ch3ng
xD i made a mistake.

Edit:

/
/
/
/

Well. It's true GT5 Spec 2 isn't a new game, but they had the opportunity to update the game. They didn't need to make a new GT on PS3.

Agreed but my original point was if you took prologues into the list then the number of games on each system isnt a pattern.

Well, except for the Top Gear license, no big revelation here. How unlikely is it to launch a huge selling title on a system that will be replaced by 2014? With no hint at a new title early 2012, it was obvious that PD was spending all it's energy on Sony's next system. Kaz has always said that GT5 was the first step to their next title. From Kaz again, standard cars were implemented because they couldn't make it on time for GT5's launch. With ugly results in 1080p, it can't imagine how poor of a result in 4K. So no more standard cars, that's a fact!

This is a bit off topic but could you please give me a source of that quote that GT4 cars are future proofed? I see a lot of people use it as an argument here on GTP but I never believed that this was actually said by PD or Kaz (because it's too stupid). So I'd love to know if I'm wrong on this the whole time or not.

Heh, it's practically legend by now, so it might be that it was never said, or it was only said in passing as some kind of ideal, or it was taken out of context or misinterpreted.

As I remember it, I wasn't particularly convinced at the time that they actually were future proof.

A brief search returned nothing (although Google is getting steadily worse at retrieving what I'm actually asking for), so maybe it never happened...

If the game didn't take 6 years to be made the "future proofed" quote would have been true.

It's not like the a GT6 version of the current premium cars will be acceptable in PS5 games right (not a typo).

Heh, it's practically legend by now, so it might be that it was never said, or it was only said in passing as some kind of ideal, or it was taken out of context or misinterpreted.

As I remember it, I wasn't particularly convinced at the time that they actually were future proof.

A brief search returned nothing (although Google is getting steadily worse at retrieving what I'm actually asking for), so maybe it never happened...

I believe it never happened, because it makes zero sense. Especially when you consider that in those days they were already making high quality car models for trailers etc. so to say that those in-game 5000 poly cars are ready for the future is silly. And not to mention that GT4 cars are done in the same quality as GT3 cars so by that logic GT3 cars should have been future proof too. So, I'll consider that a myth until someone proves me wrong.

If the game didn't take 6 years to be made the "future proofed" quote would have been true.

It's not like the a GT6 version of the current premium cars will be acceptable in PS5 games right (not a typo).

Maybe I'm reading this wrong bit I assume that you're referring to GT5 (6 years in the making) but I was talking about GT4.

But are you also saying that premium cars will not be acceptable for, let's say PS5? Because I'm pretty sure that premiums will be used for all future GT games, whether it's on PS5 or PS9 or PS100 . Definitely updated, but not remodelled. Car modelling is pretty much "maxed-out" by PD (and not just PD), there is not much more to be done in this aspect.

I don't know why people think PD will keep remodelling those cars for every next generation, they deliberately made them more detailed than necessary to avoid having to do that. The very definition of future proofing.

I believe it never happened, because it makes zero sense. Especially when you consider that in those days they were already making high quality car models for trailers etc. so to say that those in-game 5000 poly cars are ready for the future is silly. And not to mention that GT4 cars are done in the same quality as GT3 cars so by that logic GT3 cars should have been future proof too. So, I'll consider that a myth until someone proves me wrong.

In which days were they "already" making high quality models for trailers? I'm talking about before we saw anything of the original GTHD (which actually is a demonstration of the idea that the content would be used again, now that I think of it). Remember how the in-game models and the photomode models were slightly different in GT4? And yes, the GT3 cars (some of which are in GT5) must be "future proof" by the same measure (the same situation exists with GT5 and GT6, potentially), assuming that's what was actually meant. In fairness, it could have just meant that Kaz intended to use the models again in the future - which is true.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers this remark (because someone else jogged my memory recently), but I just don't remember the exact context to be able to figure out what was actually meant by it, hence the joke I made about it being legend.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong bit I assume that you're referring to GT5 (6 years in the making) but I was talking about GT4.

But are you also saying that premium cars will not be acceptable for, let's say PS5? Because I'm pretty sure that premiums will be used for all future GT games, whether it's on PS5 or PS9 or PS100 . Definitely updated, but not remodelled. Car modelling is pretty much "maxed-out" by PD (and not just PD), there is not much more to be done in this aspect.

I don't know why people think PD will keep remodelling those cars for every next generation, they deliberately made them more detailed than necessary to avoid having to do that. The very definition of future proofing.

I wouldn't bet on the bold part, what happens if the industry transitions from polygon models?

And that last paragraph is true of GT4's cars - they had to be used in a slightly lower level of detail in the game, because they deliberately made them more detailed (so they looked better in photomode).

How funny would it be if some graphical revolution renders the Premiums obsolete? Another Sony / Microsoft arms race might have the power to do just that...

In which days were they "already" making high quality models for trailers? I'm talking about before we saw anything of the original GTHD (which actually is a demonstration of the idea that the content would be used again, now that I think of it).

I'm talking about, for example, the Supra model used for GT3 intro (i know it's CG) which was far more detailed than in-game cars obviously. Same goes for the Ford GT in GT4 intro. They must have known that models of that quality would be used for games in the near future so claiming that 5000 poly blocky in-game models are future proof would be silly on their part.

Remember how the in-game models and the photomode models were slightly different in GT4? And yes, the GT3 cars (some of which are in GT5) must be "future proof" by the same measure (the same situation exists with GT5 and GT6, potentially), assuming that's what was actually meant. In fairness, it could have just meant that Kaz intended to use the models again in the future - which is true.

Well if he meant "future proofed" as in they will be used again then okay. But I want to find the source so I can see for myself.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers this remark (because someone else jogged my memory recently), but I just don't remember the exact context to be able to figure out what was actually meant by it, hence the joke I made about it being legend.

I believe that people remember it because it has became a myth (assuming that I'm correct and it was never said), like the lv.40 unlocking damage that many people still believe.

I wouldn't bet on the bold part, what happens if the industry transitions from polygon models?

Obviously, I had that in mind but forgot to clarify. But assuming that polygons continue to be used for making models, I would bet on it.

And that last paragraph is true of GT4's cars - they had to be used in a slightly lower level of detail in the game, because they deliberately made them more detailed (so they looked better in photomode).

They looked better in photomode, but overall nowhere near good enough or accurate enough for the PS3 and beyond. GT5's premiums, on the other hand are. GT4 cars were made slightly more detailed for photomode purposes, GT5 cars were made more detailed so that they won't have to remodel them again (unless, as you said the technology changes make this necesarry).

I mean, just compare a premium car to the real one. On the outside it's practically identical - the dimensions and proportions are correct, the detail is there. I would add a bit of polys to the curves, wheels and interiors but the basis is there. That's why IMO these cars are ready for the future.

How funny would it be if some graphical revolution renders the Premiums obsolete? Another Sony / Microsoft arms race might have the power to do just that...

I'm sure that won't happen very soon, but yeah both would have to start from the beginning. Heh, that could actually be good for GT, since they are already way behind the competition in the number of (high quality) car models.

I think GT6 will be a PS4-title altough I would love to see a PS3-title, too. But the hardware-restrictions and the problems with cars, weather, particles and loading times indicate that it in fact might be for PS4.

Hope, it will come out this year, though 2014 seems to be much more realistic, maybe as a launch-title for PS4-worldwide-launch:

2004 #GT4Prologue
2005 #GT4
2007 #GT5Prologue
2010 #GT5

Let's speculate
2013 #GT6Prologue (could be left out if GT6 is a PS4-title)
2014 #GT6

If it's true that the Top Gear-license will not be included anymore, I will miss it a lot, although the track was quite restricted: no drag strip, no different track layouts, no starts from starter field and of course no Suzuki Liana and no Kia as reasonably priced cars.
Would love to see something like "Auto Vista" (?) from Forza with Jeremy Clarkson commenting on cars or something like "Race against The Stig"...

I'm talking about, for example, the Supra model used for GT3 intro (i know it's CG) which was far more detailed than in-game cars obviously. Same goes for the Ford GT in GT4 intro. They must have known that models of that quality would be used for games in the near future so claiming that 5000 poly blocky in-game models are future proof would be silly on their part.

Well if he meant "future proofed" as in they will be used again then okay. But I want to find the source so I can see for myself.

I believe that people remember it because it has became a myth (assuming that I'm correct and it was never said), like the lv.40 unlocking damage that many people still believe.

Obviously, I had that in mind but forgot to clarify. But assuming that polygons continue to be used for making models, I would bet on it.

They looked better in photomode, but overall nowhere near good enough or accurate enough for the PS3 and beyond. GT5's premiums, on the other hand are. GT4 cars were made slightly more detailed for photomode purposes, GT5 cars were made more detailed so that they won't have to remodel them again (unless, as you said the technology changes make this necesarry).

I mean, just compare a premium car to the real one. On the outside it's practically identical - the dimensions and proportions are correct, the detail is there. I would add a bit of polys to the curves, wheels and interiors but the basis is there. That's why IMO these cars are ready for the future.

I'm sure that won't happen very soon, but yeah both would have to start from the beginning. Heh, that could actually be good for GT, since they are already way behind the competition in the number of (high quality) car models.

Clearly in hindsight saying the Standards are "future proof" might well seem stupid, but it's not really that important especially when we both think it was a silly thing to say (never mind the fact that there is no such thing as "future proof", because nobody knows the future). PD showed an intention to use them on PS3 from the beginning (nobody said anything about "beyond", except you), so maybe it doesn't matter if it was said at all - it was demonstrated instead.

Again, the context is everything, and it could have just been an allusion to making use of the same models in GTPSP as much as anything else - in that sense it might have meant "future investment", which is clearly true of the Premiums, too. They've spent more time now to avoid spending even more time in the future, which is something Kaz definitely said (or words to that effect), because of the lessons learned with GT3 - they didn't quite anticipate the step from PS3 to PS4 when they were making GT3's cars, so didn't quite save themselves the trouble of having to re-do them all again this time.

I'm not going to waste any more time looking into it. But do bear this in mind: the current model detail isn't actually high enough for 1080p, and 1080p isn't likely to be a ceiling either. And yet some people think making the Premiums as detailed as they are was a mistake, which is what prompted the original reply.

GT6 what I know.... It'll be a major disappointment to anyone blinkered enough to get hype following GT5.
Kaz is a racecar driver now, first and foremost, Gt is his cash cow, deal with it.

GT6 what I know.... It'll be a major disappointment to anyone blinkered enough to get hype following GT5.
Kaz is a racecar driver now, first and foremost, Gt is his cash cow, deal with it.

He is a racecar driver, but I don't think that GT is simply his cash cow at this point. He doesn't race that often. And considering that he's the head of a massive car game, it sorta makes sense that he'd like to race cars once in a while. But I think it's completely absurd to say that he's a racecar driver "first and foremost" because he doesn't race in any series, just occasional races like the N24 and such.

:rolleyes:

Oh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back