Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,810 views
Man I thought that was the C8 GT3 for a second.


:(
I had the same thoughts too.

I remember reading things that the Yangwang U9 Xtreme can do a 6:59 around the Nurburgring at best, because going flat out would drain its battery mid-lap.
 
Last edited:
A first gen Twingo? Hell yeah! See, that’s how you do slow city cars for this game, not with a bloody Captur.

It’s already my favorite of the pack. Like I said a few days ago in another thread, being a simple road car was never the problem, and here’s proof.

Now this one will be fire to fully tune and put Corvettes and Supras to shame!
 
I have a feeling it's some **** car like the Renault Twingo.
I wish they would put more obscure vintage cars in than dead weight like twingo, its bound to ruin a slot in the weeklies too yawn.
I see some people never grow out of the childish notion that speed is the only thing that makes a car.

The Twingo is one of the most iconic cars of the '90s and an absolute legend, grow up.
 
I see some people never grow out of the childish notion that speed is the only thing that makes a car.

The Twingo is one of the most iconic cars of the '90s and an absolute legend, grow up.
1776518806139.webp


Race car material as well, isn't it?
 
Man I thought that was the C8 GT3 for a second.


:(
Same here. Next thought was McLaren Senna GTR, which also was somebody's reply to the original post on X via using Gemini to uncover the cars.
 
So we got a 3000hp electric monster (that's gotta be a record high im pretty sure, never expected an IRL car to be the thing that would surpass the Tomahawk's output), a Porsche-shaped mystery, and a loveable little fella who kids think is worthless just cause it's small and low-power.

Interesting. Honestly tho for me cars are only half the attraction, i'm always on the lookout to see what new engine swaps pop up.
 
Last edited:
Honestly i never understood why people get mad whenever updates add strange cars like the Twingo or the Kangoo from a few updates ago. I thought GT had always had oddities like those as part of it's identity? Or is that the modern racing game slop brainrot taking hold?
 
Two out of three ain't bad!

Good job car collection doesn't count toward game completion.
 
Can't wait to do the potential top speed run of the U9 Xtreme on SSRX, since the record run was limited by tires and length of the test track straight so the driver back out at 496.22 km/h while it clearly still pulling.
Wild that we now have a production EV that have more power than a fantasy virtual prototype like SRT Tomahawk X.
Rimac Nevera R been really quiet since this U9 Xtreme came out and did some record runs.
 
Last edited:
I see some people never grow out of the childish notion that speed is the only thing that makes a car.

The Twingo is one of the most iconic cars of the '90s and an absolute legend, grow up.
It's really sad that a lot of people forget the fact that Gran Turismo is supposed to be a car encyclopedia, sandbox game since its inception in 1997.

Chasing numbers and lap times make little to the driving experience.

For my case, I want a 911 not because of its Nurburgring lap times. I want one because of how fun and engaging it is. That Twingo? A yes for me.
 
Last edited:
It's really sad that a lot of people forget the fact that Gran Turismo is supposed to be a car encyclopedia, sandbox game since its inception in 1997.

Chasing numbers and lap times make little to the driving experience.

For my case, I want a 911 not because of its Nurburgring lap times. I want one because of how fun and engaging it is. That Twingo? A yes for me.
I blame modern games that just hand out everything like candy with next to no substance or explanation so that you end up with something outrageous like a Bugatti within the first 60 minutes of playtime. Forza Horizon is one of the worst offenders and i'm not saying it cause im a GT fan (Forza Motorsport 1, as in the OG from 2005, was awesome BTW).
 
Last edited:
The one and only thing I want from the Yangwang U9 Xtreme is to use the Overtake/DRS button to activate the jump system.



That's it. This or I riot.

Shame it’s not a roadsters, but I bet there will be some creative Mach 5 liveries. ;)

 
Honestly i never understood why people get mad whenever updates add strange cars like the Twingo or the Kangoo from a few updates ago. I thought GT had always had oddities like those as part of it's identity? Or is that the modern racing game slop brainrot taking hold?
Because past games like GT4, which is used as the benchmark, had a lot more cars, and had a very up do date car list by comparison.

GT7 has an extremely outdated car list, and the ratio of cars that players want vs meme cars is getting out of control.

The game has massive glaring omissions for most brands, yet PD is wasting a lot of resources modeling cars that are objectively terrible.

At the end of the day, we still don't have the "holy trinity" completed, as we are still lacking the P1, so that tells you a lot about their priorities.

Compare this to the updates from GT Sport, and those actually generated hype.
 
Back