Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,798 views
Is that YangWang a huge car? It dwarfs the 964 ...
 
I really wish that Porsche was the OG Yellowbird, most glaring omission imo. Unfortunately, the hood crest doesn't match the Ruf logo, so likely no.
 
The one and only thing I want from the Yangwang U9 Xtreme is to use the Overtake/DRS button to activate the jump system.



That's it. This or I riot.

Give it to me baby aha aha!!!

I also want this function!!! 🤟
 
Scrolled through the photos before reading, and thought the Twingo was a Gen 1 Honda Today for a second. Update ruined! 😤

tenor.gif


Another Ruf would be nice.
 
Its very likely that as was the case with the Xiaomi SU7 Ultra, PD modelled the higher end model (Something they've done multiple times, not everytime mind you but models like the BMW M3 Sport Evolution and the Mercedes 190E Evolution II are good examples of this)
IMO, sadly. I rather prefer the basic models of both of these chinese EVs. Less eccentric and closer in terms of performance to the cars present in the game. With EVs, more power often equals more weight due to batteries which is detrimental to the driving pleasure.
There was a Twingo Cup?? How awesome!!
Now I want a Power-Pack kind of race just with Twingos and those liverys🙏
There IS a Twin Cup, since 2011.
 
The one and only thing I want from the Yangwang U9 Xtreme is to use the Overtake/DRS button to activate the jump system.



That's it. This or I riot.

The car jumps?! Learn something new every day.

Dare I ask, why? Is there any sort of practical reason? Or maybe it's simply "because we can."
 
snc
what update ? ;d you have already toggle to use latest pssr in system settings
No. GT7 doesn’t support the latest version of PSSR yet.

Anyway, looking forward to the update. Always happy about any Porsche, absolutely pumped for the Twingo.

No opinion on the other car yet.
 
Last edited:
We still need the Super5, the Trafic and the Scenic 😁

(and all the Renault I've had IRL will be in game)
In my opinion, it’s better to diversify the iconic Subaru: Legacy BE, BL; Forester SF, SG; Alcyone, Levorg.
 
I loved what PD did with the RX7 FD Type R by giving us more extreme customisation (especially front) options then the same gen Spirit R model already in the game, to make it feel more unique. Now if it is indeed another 964 model 911 that's included in this upcoming update, I hope they do a similar thing with it by giving us some customisation options to differentiate from the existing 964 already in the game.

I'm hoping for an option for the Western market only 964 X84/X85 lights (below picture) and especially the Japan exclusive 964 X83 style lights (bottom picture):
InCollage_20260418_183227200~2.webp
 
Last edited:
Renault is becoming my favorite manufacturer in GT7 because of the lineup of cars with personality. It feels like classic Gran Turismo at least for this manufacturer.
I would add Mercedes (not AMG) and Toyota to that feeling
 
Without reading anything yet, based on photos alone

Twingo
1969 911 sc ?
FERRARI Le Mans ?
If you mean the 499P, you are way off just on shape alone.

1776563599064.webp


The Porsche 911 is anyone's guess, good luck nailing down which of the many 911s it exactly is.
 
Last edited:
Very happy with the Twingo. Since I was a kid, I love that bubbly design language of that generation of Renault. The Kangoo is quite forgettable as a car that represents this design in GT7 since it served more as a look into European utility cars. I also am intrigued into how the Yangwang will handle given it requires a GT wing to keep it planted, and yet a shark fin variant exists.

As for the Porsche 964, as long as it's turbocharged, any related guess goes. I expect better aero options than the 964 Carrera RS we currently have.
 
There is only one Chinese made EV in the game right now and one more coming. Out 550+ cars, players don’t ever have to buy it.
The way the Weekly Challenges are, those who participate might only see the U9 in Time Trials and maybe One Make races once for the next three weeks or once for the next three months. If it’s any more than that, so be it. Doesn’t hurt the car count or the way people play the game.
 
No. GT7 doesn’t support the latest version of PSSR yet.

Anyway, looking forward to the update. Always happy about any Porsche, absolutely pumped for the Twingo.

No opinion on the other car yet.
It sort of does, the PSSR 2 option in the PS5 system menu will automatically make GT7 use that new model instead of PSSR 1, but it's not a native patch. It's quite good as is, I think really the only things that it needs is some cleanup for things like ray traced reflections (beyond the usual speckle they have, the system-level PSSR 2 struggles with them in GT7).
 
Back