Gran Turismo 7 and GT Sport User Interface Fan Art

Can someone make drag mode?
Clarify?

Anywho, designed the garage list concept, with a search function.

(Here we go, full resolution 1080p! Mind the poorly cropped Crown tho)
71IWRsa.png

On another note, while this isn't UI (spoiler'd for being a little off topic) I made my own redition of the GT7 box art.

13QB5Nq.png

Last edited:
I've been mucking about with Illustrator lately in between study breaks, haven't really worked on a UI but I've penned down a few ideas.

Just been working on line art lately (Not done yet)

View attachment 544889

That looks fantastic! are you planning on including some of this art in your UI design?

Amazing UI designs so far everyone!

Also @masterrugalm I should note that the 2015 Vipers are not SRT Vipers; they're Dodges again since SRT was dropped as a car brand.

Thanks for the tip! I really didn't looked too much into the info when doing this, I've just grabbed a random image from google and used it as the "poster car," same with the text (wikipedia) I was thinking of something more "dramatic" as a background, like when you hit the info button on the dealership there is a smooth transition in the camera to something like the gallery view in GT5, all at the same time the background switches and the info and the elements appear on screen, I'll try to find a better image and change it.

That looks fantastic! are you planning on including some of this art in your UI design?

Thank you kind sir. I might, I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do for a UI. I've done 6 Imprezas over the last 2 weeks to get to grips with Illustrator :D

So now that we've seen some of the UI that Polyphony has shown us for GTS, do you guys feel pleased with how it looks? Do you feel like they've taken any cues from this thread perhaps? Or is it a bit sub-par to you?

So now that we've seen some of the UI that Polyphony has shown us for GTS, do you guys feel pleased with how it looks? Do you feel like they've taken any cues from this thread perhaps? Or is it a bit sub-par to you?

Overall, I was happy with it. It's an evolution of their style since GT5 onward, but it also introduces some new elements, like 3D text that interacts with objects on screen, and some new typefaces (Futura Condensed was a nice surprise!) They also seem to be budgeting space better than they have in the past, using the full size of the screen to deliver content and information they never used to. I'm talking about the view of the interior in the car color selection screen, or the placement of the course map in between the tach and speedo in gameplay (an unconventional design choice, but one I'm glad they made). They're going to have to use that space to convey lots of time-sensitive info and notifications thanks to GT Sport's significant online component, and it looks like they've handled the transition well. Speaking of which, I also really like the window in the upper-right hand corner displaying the clock, friends, notifications and event appointments. I've seen a similar idea in many proposals in this thread (I had something like it in my own work), and I think it's a good solution. It makes me think Polyphony just might be looking to this thread for some inspiration; we know they read GTP anyway!

As slump said, it's not a radical change; they're still using large tiles, and aesthetically nothing here is a huge departure from GT6. Nor should it be. But it is a step in the right direction, and there are some screens in particular, like the car select and mode select within Arcade, that I really, really like. I'd love to see the rest of the UI carry that minimal-but-elegant feel that was missing in GT6's comparatively boring design.

I decided to look through the thread to see if there has been any designs that were similar to the videos we've seen. I found these two to be the closest anyone has gotten.

Y'see, I always have these great ideas when I make fake or predicting artwork for certain things. Also, they always come out way worse than I expect... As shown here!
pkk1WHA.png
R4FRRy0.png

(Credit to those who took the pictures)
EDIT: #PhotoShopFurLeifHuehuehue
EDIT 2: I changed the picture a tiny bit, it's cleaner.

upload_2016-5-21_19-33-47.png

source (youtube)

More of my UI idea. I will try to do the next level down, with the individual championships in each category soon. Credit to @ScotteDawg , @Mattpro , Simone Tanduo and mir685 for the images.

Qtq9vxJ.jpg

upload_2016-5-21_19-35-56.png

source (youtube)

Hopefully they change the selection sounds. That weird but sonorous 'clunk' sound is a bit annoying!
Plus the way the car model's names float away from the car doesn't look like GT.
Apart from that, it looks great!

Beautiful work @TayeezSA. Fabulous attention to detail. Keep it up!
Mother-Of-God.jpg

Wow @TayeezSA. That's really amazing. Keep up that good work :D Wish I was that good at shading / coloring. :lol:

Thank you chaps,appreciating the kind words. 👍

It's really time consuming but it is destressing too:D. I'm loving the way the cars are coming out but they look much better when I'm not taking pics with my phone lol.

@syntex123 tutorials definitely help with colouring ,shading and light reflections but another thing to always consider is where your lightsource is and how reflections and shadows would turn out depending on the position of your lightsource.

It's WAY easier and nicer to do line art & colouring in Illustrator though.

@TayeezSA I would never be able to do it as nicely as you no matter how many tutorials I watch :D gotta say though, the pen tool tutorial you gave me helped tons, but I guess a proper coloring/shading tutorial won't work, unless you make a simplified one for me again :lol:

I tried installing Illustrator today. Turns out it doesn't work :banghead: (it tells me I need an older Java version, but when trying to install said Java version it won't let me because a newer version is installed) :banghead:

Ohhh right.

Just played GT3 again, I'm on the Audi Tourist Trophy. Nostalgia!

Also, does anyone else like the GT5P Dealership UI and OST better than GT5? Or is it just me?

Back