Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Seems like BoP breaks the flames and turbo noises of the Skyline Super Silhouette. I suspect it's due to the tuning sheet and part shop saying Anti-Lag is not available for the car, even thought when running without BoP it most definitely has it turned on.
It's quite a bummer as it takes away half of the car's excitement regarding the sound it makes. I suspect it has a small impact on performance as well :scared:

Last edited:
Why do car sounds on my GT7 are not as "aggressive" than the ones I find on YouTube? I play on the base PS4 and the videos I watch are most of times played on the PS5. I've been noticing this for a while, but when I watched MotoGamesTV's - and some other channels' - videos driving the 918 Spyder I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. Why do their cars sound way more aggressive, as if there was a echo/reverb/overlay effect? It makes the sound way cooler, creating that aggressiveness, but I have no idea how to get that, my game is always with the raw sound, without these "effects".

A few things to note:
  • The car is always stock on these videos, I'm not talking about custom exhausts here.
  • I've used the same headphones to watch the videos and then play on my PS4 and still heard a huge difference.
  • I even put my 918 on the same tracks at the same sectors with the same camera as these videos for a better comparison and it still sounds different.
  • I've tried adjusting the engine noise volume on the options menu, but all that does is... increasing the volume, it doesn't create that "effect".

Is it because I'm on the PS4 and only the PS5 gets the cool sounds? If it is, it doesn't make any sense. Sorry if I'm asking something dumb at this point, but I really have no idea. Thank you.

Last edited:
Lap Time Challenge at Trial Mountain. Do some laps in the Civic. Don't really like these low powered street cars on street tires, but whatever. Figure I can get at least 250k or a million. Ran a dozen or so laps and got it down to under 2:20. Stopped and backed out of time trial (no rage quit or turning off the game or anything). Says my record is 4:56.630. WTF? Do these people even play their own game? If they did, they would know what's wrong. Somebody at PD owes me 250,000 credits.

WTC800 at Fuji

The weather radar stopped working.

20220730_045353.jpg

Must confess I didn't cotton on earlier to note if it was working at all or stopped working half way through... you don't tend to expect it until its already happened.

Fuji always starts wet and dries out. My rain radar on lap 10 with blue skies is engulfed by rain! Ha!

The weather radar at the Spa 1 hour race quites working around lap 15. It was a torrential downpour, but my weather radar said it was clear. Tried multiple times with the same results. (playing on PS4)

OMG this is grim lol.

My Human Comedy turned into a comedy!

20220730_060756.jpg

I'm on Inters, the AI is on Wets but I couldnt know that at the time of my pit stop...

Check the radar lol. Clear as day!

Got to hope it clears and Beauvois pits for Inters after the Wets and then Mediums after the Inters. Otherwise 2nd place looms again. Wish me luck lol.

Refueling seems to be broken aswell.

Before it would indicate projected requirements accurately; howevers It's suggested 1 lap short three times since yesterday (at Suzuka WTC800 - pitted ended of 6 needing 4 laps to see out 10 laps. The gauge recommended refueling for 3 laps).

And now it's suggesting a full refuel when there's about 5 laps left of the race (8mins of an hour endurance at 1:30 laps).

20220730_064138.jpg

Before it would indicate projected requirements accurately; howevers It's suggested 1 lap short three times since yesterday (at Suzuka WTC800 - pitted ended of 6 needing 4 laps to see out 10 laps. The gauge recommended refueling for 3 laps).

And now it's suggesting a full refuel when there's about 5 laps left of the race (8mins of an hour endurance at 1:30 laps).

View attachment 1178489
that refuel meter was always like that for the Human Comedy missions because i guess they want you to calcuate your own fuel :P

Last edited:
that refuel meter was always like that for the Human Comedy missions because i guess they want you to calcuate your own fuel :P
I'm not sure that it was TBH. I'd have brought it up, I reckon, if that were the case.

It certainly under-quoted me thrice at Suzuka.

Can someone verify? Or is it just me?

The Weather Radar does not show any level of precipitation at all during a Custom Race. I set the weather to have a Torrential Rain then changing to a Cloud With Rain afterwards, but the radar is not showing any semblance of blue, let alone a speck at all.
It works, it just seems the weather needs time to establish itself (which it can't do if it changes too often).

EDIT: Never mind, just ran the same 4-lap custom race on the Nordschleife back-to-back and got two different weather progressions:
  • Race 1: rained a bit on the first lap, clear 'til lap 2, then downpour for the rest of the race. Didn't take note of the radar as I was driving with the HUD off.
  • Race 2: had the HUD on this time and it worked when it drizzled a bit on the first lap, then it cleared up and it was just cloudy most of the race until a third into the final lap when it started bucketing down - radar remaining blank.
Weather system is definitely broken, this is the settings I had for the race:
1659169001561.png

...and it produced two very different race experiences. 😓

I wonder if just having the radar open and it being observed changes it's behavior - like quantum physics...

Last edited:

View attachment 1178489

I'm not sure that it was TBH. I'd have brought it up, I reckon, if that were the case.

It certainly under-quoted me thrice at Suzuka.
I’m pretty sure that if it’s a timed race it doesn’t give you an indicator of how much fuel is required (it was even like this in GT Sport). As for the underfueling, did you change your fuel map before you pitted?

I decided to fire GT7 up this morning and complete the Neo Classical races, I did the racesat Fuji and RBR and everything was fine, but then when I went to Willow Springs there were no car engine or tyre sounds. Very odd.

I restarted the race and there were still no engine and tyre sounds. So I've shut down the game for now, I'll see if the sounds are back when I have another go tomorrow morning. Not had that happen before though.

@Sunzi I always give myself at least an extra half a lap of fuel that what it quotes/the number of remaining laps needed, just the way you drive can increase or decrease the fuel range, short shifting etc.

Last edited:
New Bug since 1.19 Update

On Spa Franchorchamps in the one hour race the weather Radar disappears in the middle of the night, I'm not able to finish that race anymore in a good place. I found a video that shows it ().
Is there any possibility to contact the Team of Gt7?

I’m pretty sure that if it’s a timed race it doesn’t give you an indicator of how much fuel is required (it was even like this in GT Sport). As for the underfueling, did you change your fuel map before you pitted?
I agree with both of those points. A timed race as opposed to set number of laps won't have a suggested amount of fuel to refill to, even if there is only going to be one lap left. And I've noticed inconsistencies while in lap races and have come to realize it will calculate how much fuel you need based on your fuel map coming in. If you plan on changing it for the post fill-up segment of your race, then plan on making that change before you pit.

@Sunzi I always give myself at least an extra half a lap of fuel that what it quotes/the number of remaining laps needed, just the way you drive can increase or decrease the fuel range, short shifting etc.
Of course, I do similar, always take on a 0.5-0.8 extra fuel to be on the safe side.

It's not that I couldn't count what I needed, I was surprised it was under-quoting me - we're all familiar with it usually and accurately suggesting the correct amount of fuel to see out the race so I was surprised by this.

I'll capture next time.

@Islaygaz nope standard FM1. Rarely found I've needed to change it outside of the Human Comedies.

It doesn't change based on the FM you're running but how your overall fuel consumption was previous to the pitstop. It basically calculates how much fuel you'd need to finish the race if you keep driving like you did before coming into the pits.

Last edited:
It works, it just seems the weather needs time to establish itself (which it can't do if it changes too often).

EDIT: Never mind, just ran the same 4-lap custom race on the Nordschleife back-to-back and got two different weather progressions:
  • Race 1: rained a bit on the first lap, clear 'til lap 2, then downpour for the rest of the race. Didn't take note of the radar as I was driving with the HUD off.
  • Race 2: had the HUD on this time and it worked when it drizzled a bit on the first lap, then it cleared up and it was just cloudy most of the race until a third into the final lap when it started bucketing down - radar remaining blank.
Weather system is definitely broken, this is the settings I had for the race:
View attachment 1178561

...and it produced two very different race experiences. 😓

I wonder if just having the radar open and it being observed changes it's behavior - like quantum physics...
Followed up with a third run of this same race:

Was raining when the race started this time and lasted until 2/3rds into the first lap, then was just cloudy with occasional rain appearing on the radar but not on the track until halfway into lap 3 where it was spotty and cleared up at the end.

At some point early in lap 4 I noticed a couple of spots of rain in the corner of the radar, but from that point on, every time I checked it the spots were in the same location and hadn't moved. I realised halfway into the lap when it started raining hard, that the radar had actually bugged-out and frozen.

In short, weather in custom races:
  • is inconsistent from race to race;
  • doesn't match up with what you set (at least with the rain); and
  • the radar glitches after a while and freezes/disappears (I estimate it had frozen after the 30 minute mark in that last race).
Think that'll do me for the night. 😢

Last edited:
Wierd bug.

Drove couple laps dragontrail Seaside with Sf19 and from one moment to te other the left side of haptik feedback and rumple stops working. When i drive with the right tire over kerbs rumble and feedback on the right side, with the left side nothing. Paused nothing change, left track go back nothing happen. Had to load the track from new all fine. Happens only ones right now.

Last edited:
I'll capture it. Only way lol.
20220730_211607.jpg

I have 4 full laps to go and filled up to 4.8 laps.

You can't tell me that filling to the suggested fill point indicator will cover me for the 4 remainning laps. I've just come in at the end of lap 6, going out in to lap 7.

Here's me approaching the pits at the end of Lap 6 (before the pic above):

20220730_212137.jpg

I had a weird bug a couple days ago when I was tuning a few cars to be identicle, and one of them had 0.05 PP more than the others. Went back and forth between it and the others and everything was exactly the same. I removed the suspension and re-installed, then set to the same settings and it matched the others.

Jimini Cricket. Just now.
1659214835751.png

Set up a “Championship” race. Save the settings and game froze. Music plays and I’m stuck. Hope this is a one off. Reported.

I had noticed before this update the analog rev meters being bugged in some cars, but it seems to happen to a ton of 50s-80s cars now including the new skyline. Basically the meter is extremely jerky and lags behind the atual revs of the cars. What the hell?

Edit: A few cars I tested:

917k '70
DB3S '53
D-type '54
A6GCS/53 '54
Skyline Silhouette '84
A220 Race Car '68
XJ13 '66
500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54
That’s how the gauges function.

Minor bug, I can't see this mentioned so far. If you change a car's exhaust in the garage settings menu, the car has no exhaust when you go back a menu to the car preview. Only when you exit the garage and go back in does the exhaust come back.

This is so infuriating, especially for the races where you depend on the weather radar for tactics in knowing when to pit for wet tires. I grind for credit at the 30min Le Mans and 1hr Spa and since the update the weather radar issue has almost cost me a race on the last few laps. Hoping they fix this as fast as they fixed the engine tickets glitch 🙄😤😠
The "weather radar stops providing weather data" glitch

Back