Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Froze the game again.
FY9XPgzUUAAkh8W.jpeg

View attachment 1178740

I have 4 full laps to go and filled up to 4.8 laps.

You can't tell me that filling to the suggested fill point indicator will cover me for the 4 remainning laps. I've just come in at the end of lap 6, going out in to lap 7.

Here's me approaching the pits at the end of Lap 6 (before the pic above):

View attachment 1178741
Your pictures do not contain all information. The "Cruising Range" that the game gives you, is an estimate that is based on how much fuel you were consuming in the race before, no matter which fuel map you were using. That means, that if you used a fuel saving map, and therefore used less fuel, it will show more laps that you could go, if you continue using the same strategy. If you then switch to map 1, the "Cruising Range" will be off, and depending on what fuel map you used before, it could be way off.

That's why I never rely on the laps it estimates, I calculate myself, knowing how much fuel I need per lap on map 1, and fill to the multiple of remaining laps times that amount.

Your pictures do not contain all information. The "Cruising Range" that the game gives you, is an estimate that is based on how much fuel you were consuming in the race before, no matter which fuel map you were using. That means, that if you used a fuel saving map, and therefore used less fuel, it will show more laps that you could go, if you continue using the same strategy. If you then switch to map 1, the "Cruising Range" will be off, and depending on what fuel map you used before, it could be way off.

That's why I never rely on the laps it estimates, I calculate myself, knowing how much fuel I need per lap on map 1, and fill to the multiple of remaining laps times that amount.
I do the same. I just highlighted it as I noticed it was underquoting and it wasn't the first time.

Pics were to support my point.

There's not too much info missing TBH. Watkins Glen or any of the WTC800s that I've completed and repeated numerous times before aren't rocket science events. It's a 1 stopper on FM1 with all Gr.3 cars - and when one did 1 stop, the estimated cruising range was historically correct.

Was merely highlighting, as per my pics, that something is amiss. As I confirmed - there was no elaborate strat; going as fast as I can on FM1 until I need a reload. When I need a reload I was recommended 3 laps of fuel for 4 laps remaining. I tool on 4.8 - ended up taking a little extra as I wasted some time screen capturing on the console.

Last edited:
I do the same. I just highlighted it as I noticed it was underquoting and it wasn't the first time.

Pics were to support my point.

There's not too much info missing TBH. Watkins Glen or any of the WTC800s that I've completed and repeated numerous times before aren't rocket science events. It's a 1 stopper on FM1 with all Gr.3 cars - and when one did 1 stop, the estimated cruising range was historically correct.

Was merely highlighting, as per my pics, that something is amiss. As I confirmed - there was no elaborate strat; going as fast as I can on FM1 until I need a reload. When I need a reload I was recommended 3 laps of fuel for 4 laps remaining. I tool on 4.8 - ended up taking a little extra as I wasted some time screen capturing on the console.
Right, now I see your point. It is indeed a recommendation for 3 laps instead of 4.

My suspicion is, that this is an effect of changing the lap counter when pitting. It used to be that when you enter the pits you stay on the current lap and only when you leave the pits, the new lap begins. It's a documented change in this update that the lap now changes when you enter the pits. This, of course, causes the remaining laps to be one less when the actual pitstop takes place (assuming it is based on the same lap counter that we see in our display). So, the algorithm still works, it's just based on a (now) faulty lap count.

It's quite a simple bug, but you would think that they think about something like that when they change how the lap counter works.

Last edited:
There's only a 100% rain chance with R07 and R08.
This might be an exercise in wasted effort – but after reading that, you got my noggin joggin' and I tried a Custom Weather setup like so:
1659208642418.png

Gonna try forcing the weather events to see their current behaviour this patch. There'll (hopefully) be 4 downpours, with one on the latter-half of each lap.

Note: this race I've been doing (4 laps of the Nordschleife with low-PP cars on Comfort Hards) has a total time of 44 minutes – so approx. 11 minutes a lap. Should make it a little easier to see if weather events occur equally spaced-apart during a race. I'd estimate the weather changing every 4 minutes 53 seconds (44 minutes ÷ 9 weather events = 4.888888888888889 minutes or 4:53). Really though, since this is a lap race, it would probably be triggered by you driving [total race distance] ÷ 9.

Race weather events:
(Downpour start / stop measured from when raindrops first hit windshield, to when the wipers automatically stop, respectively)

Lap timeRace timeLap KmOdo.
Km
ObservationsPredictions / notes
Lap1
0:00
0:06
Hazy with a few clouds[S05 Misty, Cloudless and Sunny] start
4:47
4:53
Hazy with a few clouds[R08 Thick Cloud with Torrential Rain] expected start
6:49
6:55
First downpour starts, light-fog and heavy cloud2 minutes late
8:25
8:31
First downpour stops, mist and heavy cloud1¼ minutes early
9:40
9:46
Mist and heavy clouds[S11 Sunny with Alpine Mist] expected start
End
10:44
10:50
Hazy and cloudy
Lap2
3:10
14:00
Hazy with a few clouds[R08 Thick Cloud with Torrential Rain] expected start
6:12
17:02
Second downpour starts, light-mist and cloudy3 minutes late
8:03
18:53
Raining and heavy cloud[S10 Misty and Sunny with Lots of Clouds] expected start
9:01
19:51
Second downpour stops, light-mist and heavy cloudMinute late
10:19
21:09
Third(?) downpour starts,Either part of the second downpour, or 2½ minutes early
End
11:01
21:51
Misty and cloudy
Lap3
1:18
23:09
Third downpour stops,5½ minutes early
1:55
23:46
Misty and heavy cloud[R08 Thick Cloud with Torrential Rain] expected start
?:??
?:??
?.?
???.?
(Radar clears around this point and it remains blank for the rest of the race)
6:49
28:40
Light-mist and cloudy[C03 Cloudy and Dark] expected start
End
11:12
33:03
Hazy and cloudy
Lap4
0:30
33:33
Cloudy[R07 Cloudy with Torrential Rain] expected start
2:52
35:55
Fourth downpour starts, cloudy2½ minutes late
5:17
38:20
Fourth downpour stops, complete cloud coverShould not stop
5:23
38:26
Complete cloud cover[R07 Cloudy with Torrential Rain] expected to continue
End
11:00
44:03
Complete cloud coverShould be raining

Not sure if that third downpour was actually the second part of the second downpour since I was expecting it lap 3, but there's no reason it should have stopped raining for the second-half of the final lap - it should have continued right through to the end if it's a 100% chance.

Havent played much recently but yes, there is something wrong with the refuel suggestion and it would be 1 lap short of the total distance in the case I noticed it. But I dont remember the circumstances I played at that time.

I had a weird bug a couple days ago when I was tuning a few cars to be identicle, and one of them had 0.05 PP more than the others. Went back and forth between it and the others and everything was exactly the same. I removed the suspension and re-installed, then set to the same settings and it matched the others.
I have a number of MX-5s all tuned & upgraded to the exact same specs and they all have varying PP scores.

Thank you, someone else here was saying I was not going fast enough to trigger the brake zone, kept telling him it's a bug, but he would not listen to me...
also just had this happen on Blue Moon Bay (Oval), T1 braking zone disappeared after Lap 1.

This will probably never get fixed, but I'll put it in the list.

There's a scape scene in Morocco (all blue, very small space) that only allows the smallest cars to be placed, and barely placed at that. Try and place anything larger than a Kei car and you get a warning.

It's not really a bug, but kind of a silly addition.

Weird bug at the moment to start the race on lobbies, players go in without issue the system assigned the same entry # to some player and that cause the glitch and won’t let you start, we manager to fix it by making the players that have the same # exit and go back in until the system assigned different # and then we were able to start the race. I think this bug was already fixed but it came back on the last update.

Weather radar glitch: on the Spa 24h (1 hr 1 mil credits race) the weather in the radar disappears after 20ish minutes and never comes back.
I can confirm this bug as well. It has happened to me the last three times I've done the race, and seems to happen regardless of whether you pit or not. I also tried a different car, and still had the radar screen go blank. For me, it seems to happen right around 18:45 or thereabouts.

Weird bug at the moment to start the race on lobbies, players go in without issue the system assigned the same entry # to some player and that cause the glitch and won’t let you start, we manager to fix it by making the players that have the same # exit and go back in until the system assigned different # and then we were able to start the race. I think this bug was already fixed but it came back on the last update.
This plagued my lobby last night also.

I can confirm this bug as well. It has happened to me the last three times I've done the race, and seems to happen regardless of whether you pit or not. I also tried a different car, and still had the radar screen go blank. For me, it seems to happen right around 18:45 or thereabouts.
Same here - 18.45 approx, happened with 3 different cars and pitting or flicking through the options doesn't make a difference. Only happens at Spa for me - Sarthe 30 mins is fine and Red Bull Ring and Fuji work in the Neo Classics.

Game froze again while loading a singleplayer time-trail

FFB is still numb - and buggy in low speed scenario (wheel is shaking heavily)

When will they fix this ??

Last edited:
+1

You go from working radar, to blank.

But this race is easy enough, just pit for intermediate tyres when all other cars go in, I won yesterday with 2 laps ahead on hard difficulty, best ever :)

In regards to varying PP with identical cars, some I have, vary due to me having used them at least once. Could have just been one lap or less ,changed its PP. Some, are due to when I bought the car with different mileage(obviously).
As for a new car, with zero mileage, I haven’t experienced the varying PP. Again, only after having used the car.

Last edited:
Was doing the Spa 1hr race, and when it was raining, I pitted for intermediates, with the Weather Radar displaying, in bumper cam mode. When I left the pit, the Weather Radar didn't display the weather any more. It was raining, and also had heavy rain, but nothing was shown on the radar for the remainder of the race.

Last edited:
Was doing the Spa 1hr race, and when it was raining, I pitted for intermediates, with the Weather Radar displaying, in bumper cam mode. When I left the pit, the Weather Radar didn't display the weather any more. It was raining, and had also had heavy rain, but nothing was shown on the radar for the remainder of the race.

I've found the same - weather radar goes blank after approx. 19 minutes into the race, despite two spells of prolonged rain. All info just disappears & radar remains blank for the remainder of the race . I tend to use 50 mile radar view, but changing radar range doesn't make any difference.

Hi, every time I start the 24h of Le Mans the noise of the engine and tires disappears. Before starting the race everything is fine then at start it stops, you will hear sounds when I change the cursor position in the options menu. If I start another race on any track after the 24H of Le Mans, this will always happen until I reboot the game. This on PS4 slim

Last edited:
And also refuelling time is very different. Sometimes its fast sometimes its slow.
Ex: Refuel done in 20 seconds
Sometimes its cost 40 seconds

Last edited:
And also refuelling time is very different. Sometimes its fast sometimes its slow.
Ex: Refuel done in 20 seconds
Sometimes its cost 40 seconds
In what race(s). From memory (apologies I’m on holiday so can’t check) there is an option in custom races to change refuelling rate, so maybe the races you are doing have set rates??

In what race(s). From memory (apologies I’m on holiday so can’t check) there is an option in custom races to change refuelling rate, so maybe the races you are doing have set rates??
Yes, you are right. I checked the videos of different fuel ratio races. The filling time is changing with it. My bad sorry :(

When starting a custom race at any track, with a rolling start, if you change it from 20m, it always goes to 15m, has anyone ever seen this?

So in the Spa 60-minute, in my experience the rain after sunrise is usually lighter than the overnight rain, so when it started, and was pretty light, I pitted for intermediates. Could hardly get up the Kemmel straight, and was off at Les Combes. Some 5 or 6 minute later, this is coming back to the pits to go full wets. :lol:

Sure hope this gets fixed soon!!!

52272028909_99a22cb8c7_b.jpg

Seeing this in the replay made me wonder if the AI is just as uninformed as we are... or are they just as dumb as they've always been?

Last edited:
Back