Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
Theres nothing stopping you from installing a 2.5" SSD in your PS4 and its not that hard to do either. I installed an SSD into my PS4 and it makes a very big difference in loading games and everything else you do with your PS4. As you can see in this video installing an SSD into a PS4 makes a very big difference

A SSD in the PS4 has nothing to do with the "SSD" in the PS5, a game taking full advantage of the PS5 SSD makes it impossible to port the game to a PS4 or a PC for that matter.

Meanwhile, Forza Horizon 2 on XB360 was fundamentally a different game from the XBone version, on a stripped and buggy version of the map, with many of the same cars but not all of them. I dunno.

I don't find it implausible for a GT7 on PS5 to offer things a GT7 on PS4 wouldn't offer. We have the technology. It's Sony's/PD's choice.
This generation is not the same as that gen though. We already have a multitude of games that are fundimentally the exact same game between Xbox One/SeriesS/X and PS4/PS5. Actually, I think every single game that has come out in the last 7/8 months is working like that, as well as any in the foreseeable future. They are just bumped up slightly compared to the previous generation with all the same features.

Hmm, they have since deleted it. Odd....
It's odd because I can see it when its quoted, but not on the original post.

upload_2021-6-3_7-9-55.png

A SSD in the PS4 has nothing to do with the "SSD" in the PS5, a game taking full advantage of the PS5 SSD makes it impossible to port the game to a PS4 or a PC for that matter.
I never said a 2.5" SSD is as fast as an NVME Drive. I was correcting you because you were whinging about your slow 5400RPM laptop HDD which is not that hard to change and you can make things faster by installing an SSD. But when I mentioned you can install an SSD you immediately had to assume I was comparing the PS5 NVME drive to a 2.5" SSD :lol:

Also how are other developers managing to take full advantage of the PS5 NVME drive and yet make their games cross platform?

That article and statement is based on their opinions, they don't have an official source.

This doesn't sound very opiniony to me:

Gran Turismo 7, after all, was outright advertised as a PS5 exclusive in December, although to be fair to Sony, I understand the decision to release a PS4 version was made only fairly recently.

Although of course he doesn't divulge why he understands that, but it's not presented as an opinion. Someone has told him that, we just don't know who or how reliable they are.

Last edited:
snc
which information is wrong in first paragraph ?

Actually, @Samus basically corrected me just now. I thought the writer was claiming that Hurst's statement that they were looking into making GT7 cross-platform was total confirmation that GT7 was being developed for PS4, but they do seem to imply that they got the information from another party within Sony.

Mind you, it's still not confirmation as far as I'm concerned, especially as we don't know who/what/where the source is, but it does give the possibility a bit more weight.

Actually, @Samus basically corrected me just now. I thought the writer was claiming that Hurst's statement that they were looking into making GT7 cross-platform was total confirmation that GT7 was being developed for PS4, but they do seem to imply that they got the information from another party within Sony.

Mind you, it's still not confirmation as far as I'm concerned, especially as we don't know who/what/where the source is, but it does give the possibility a bit more weight.
to be honest don't know why some people still says its not confirmed that gt7 is crossgen, it was clearly written that ps4 players also will be able to play it.
Where it makes sense to develop a title for both PS4 and PS5 — for Horizon Forbidden West, the next God of War, GT7 — we’ll continue looking at that. And if PS4 owners want to play that game, then they can. If they want to go on and play the PS5 version, that game will be there for them.
That being said, it’s also very important to have showpieces for PS5, hence the development of Returnal and Ratchet that are exclusive to PS5.

Last edited:
If you open the article, it literally says at the top of the page that it's an opinion article.

Opinion articles can contain facts to frame the opinion(s) you know.

Also if you truly choose to believe this source, let's look at some past articles shall we?

I never said I choose to believe it, I merely stated it was not presented solely as an opinion. "I think this was probably a recent change" would be an opinion.

Of course I don't totally trust an un-named, unverified source though.

snc
to be honest don't know why some people still says its not confirmed that gt7 is crossgen, it was clearly written that ps4 players also will be able to play it.

Because all we've gotten from an official, confirmed source tied to Sony and/or PD is that "they're looking into it." There's no extra meaning or hidden secretes behind that statement, yet loads of people are already like it's 100% confirmed and that they know how it'll effect GT7 (I'm pretty sure I saw a post earlier saying that this meant standard cars were going to be a thing again, which is a whole different kettle of fish).

Plus, if GT7 does end up being cross-platform, we don't know in what way they'd make GT7 available to PS4 users. It's entirely possible that they could develop the game squarely for PS5, but have another part of the team and/or studio develop or support a nerfed version of GT7 for PS4 (see Black Ops 3, GTA V as examples).

Like I said, there seems to be more weight to the possibility, but that's it. Let's wait for Sony and/or PD to actually confirm something substantial, as reading into something that isn't there (yet, at least) and taking speculation as fact is really good way to always be disappointed.

Because all we've gotten from an official, confirmed source tied to Sony and/or PD is that "they're looking into it." There's no extra meaning or hidden secretes behind that statement, yet loads of people are already like it's 100% confirmed and that they know how it'll effect GT7 (I'm pretty sure I saw a post earlier saying that this meant standard cars were going to be a thing again, which is a whole different kettle of fish).

Plus, if GT7 does end up being cross-platform, we don't know in what way they'd make GT7 available to PS4 users. It's entirely possible that they could develop the game squarely for PS5, but have another part of the team and/or studio develop or support a nerfed version of GT7 for PS4 (see Black Ops 3, GTA V as examples).

Like I said, there seems to be more weight to the possibility, but that's it. Let's wait for Sony and/or PD to actually confirm something substantial, as reading into something that isn't there (yet, at least) and taking speculation as fact is really good way to always be disappointed.
hehe ok, they mention new horizon, gow and gt7 as titles that ps4 users can play and ratchet and returnal as ps5 only games but hope die last ;d also it will probably be crossplay so we can forget about separate versions

Last edited:
I mean, it's really not that surprising.

That really hasn't been a thing for games this generation. See every game released this gen that works for both consoles. There's a load of them.

Last edited:
GT7 on PS5 will be a shiny expanded GTSport.

With a robust single player mode, but without dynamic ToD or weather or any significant advancements in simulation due to the jaguar bottleneck.

Book it.

DON`T EVEN WANT TO START TO THINK ABOUT WHAT THAT MEANS FOR PSVR2 AND GT7.

Immensly dissappointing.

Last edited:
Back