Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
GT7 may not be optimised for PS5 but we can still reap the benefits of faster loading times and 4K graphics, so it's not a total loss. I for one would appreciate the faster loading times from the SSD because it's of my biggest gripes with the PS4. It's soo slow, particularly when it comes to installing updates. I will get a PS5 no matter what because I'm ready to upgrade.

I can see where you're coming from but I'm on the side that firmly believes that GTS is GT7P, and is a dumbed down version to satisfy the need on PS4 while completing development of GT7. I'm not looking for a new experience from GTS, I'm simply looking for a completed vision of GT7, that builds on GTS. Unfortunately it will be neutered.

Thing is I've already accepted this "sub par" experience you've mentioned. I accepted the game would be GTS at its core long ago when the first trailer was shown using GTS assets, and I'm okay with the commonly talked about static time of day/weather and current car grid size. I do not race online and I don't do endurance races so neither of those features interest me in a GT title. For me I'm not losing much from the experience by playing on my old PS4.
I don't think you should consider it sub par if you think of it as GT7 Prolonge. Why would they completely revamp GT7 after GTS? I think it was clear it was a placeholder. Not a new staple in the series.

Does PS5 have the same update system where you need 100gb for the game then the patch needs at least 110gb to copy the game AND the patch?

I will eventually get a ps5 but I'd be overjoyed if GT7 comes out Xmas 2022. I'll put a spare 500Gb ssd into a usb case and do that.

Plus we know they can't include the LM24 race because Motorsport Games have the license locked up now. We can only hope we get the track.
It would be a major tragedy if Le Mans doesn't return in GT7 and even the next Forza, although I highly doubt it and could still return, and even in other future games too.

Anyone can make their own 24 Hours of Le Mans replica race in Arcade Mode (as you could in GT Sport), minus the multi-class racing. Even in Forza's Free Play mode (in Motorsport 7) you can also use "buckets" to replicate multi-class racing and do something almost similar to the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.

Above all else, Motorsport Games should really shut down and get run out of business.

Last edited:
Thing is I've already accepted this "sub par" experience you've mentioned. I accepted the game would be GTS at its core long ago when the first trailer was shown using GTS assets, and I'm okay with the commonly talked about static time of day/weather and current car grid size. I do not race online and I don't do endurance races so neither of those features interest me in a GT title. For me I'm not losing much from the experience by playing on my old PS4.
Well I really think you are missing out not racing online. The Sport races suck but regular lobbies are just fun. I have been hosting weekly races since Jan 2011 with some of the same players all this time. You should come race with us some Wed night. Send me a friend request to Obi-Tonobi. That goes for anyone else as well.

Yes, they will. GT3 and 4 had far worse AI than GTS but I can still count the amount of racing games that are as good or better on my ten fingers.
I mean, all of the major racing games are better at this point, no? I struggle to think of any racing game by a major studio that is worse. Forza, AC, iRacing, NfS, Grid, F1, Dirt, and probably anything else you can think of are all better than GT because they at least offer adjustable difficulty, something that was a basic feature twenty years ago. No matter how crappy the AI is at going wheel to wheel, if they can at least keep up with the player then there's the possibility of some good racing.

The only way the the AI in GTS is even passable is if you're the one person who is actually the perfect skill level to match with the AI. And you better hope that you don't get any better at the game.
I can see where you're coming from but I'm on the side that firmly believes that GTS is GT7P, and is a dumbed down version to satisfy the need on PS4 while completing development of GT7.
This is apologetics on another level. A prologue, for an entire generation of consoles, while the developer took what will probably end up being ten years to finalise the actual game? That bar is so low it's subterranian.

Yes, they will. GT3 and 4 had far worse AI than GTS but I can still count the amount of racing games that are as good or better on my ten fingers.
I can't actually think of a single racing game with worse AI than GTS, well maybe Racin' Bros, but even that manages pack racing. GT as a series has been getting further and further behind the curve in terms of AI since the day it went down the route of 'chase the rabbit' as the norm.
Technically enhanced? Certainly? Completely undriveable? Also certainly.
Yeah, No. It's far from undrivable and on balance about as good as GT in terms of the overall physics model.

Last edited:
Technically enhanced? Certainly? Completely undriveable? Also certainly.
I mean, all you're doing is telling us how poor your skill as a driver is. "Undrivable" is demonstrably false from an objective viewpoint as people drive in it all the time, so you must mean subjectively. Forza is undriveable for you, in the sense that you are unable to drive in it. Sick self-burn, bro.

And if you can't drive in Forza then there's no way at all that you can drive in anything more realistic. So why is anyone supposed to take your opinion on the subject seriously? You can't even drive well enough to experience real physics simulations, let alone distinguish nuanced characteristics.

God forbid you're on a public road somewhere, I imagine there will be a lot of lamp posts gaining extra stripes of paint. Just remember, pedestrians are not worth extra points in real life.

I assume that if you get the PS4 version first, then eventually get the PS5 version, you'll still have to start over again, right?

I assume that if you get the PS4 version first, then eventually get the PS5 version, you'll still have to start over again, right?
I wouldn't think so, all though I'm not entirely sure how it works on the PS4>PS5 for saves. The only differences between the games are going to be graphical fidelity anyways, I'd imagine, so with that said I'd assume a save will work on both.

I also like that apparently Forza Motorsport's physics model is bad and downgraded (once again proving how this board seemingly cannot handle Forza being mentioned in any regard, even within context of the topic of the thread at the moment, and devolves into **** slinging and absolute falsehoods) yet wasn't it proven that Polyphony changed the handling model in GT Sport deep into the game's life to make it both easier and harder on specific vehicles?

I wouldn't think so, all though I'm not entirely sure how it works on the PS4>PS5 for saves. The only differences between the games are going to be graphical fidelity anyways, I'd imagine, so with that said I'd assume a save will work on both.
Now, if that's the case, is that only because it's Gran Turismo, or do you also think it'd work with something like Battlefield 2042?

Now, if that's the case, is that only because it's Gran Turismo, or do you also think it'd work with something like Battlefield 2042?

It's because of Gran Turismo. BF2042 already has cross progression between the different versions (which is effectively cross saves) and is linked to an Origin account.

It's because of Gran Turismo. BF2042 already has cross progression between the different versions (which is effectively cross saves) and is linked to an Origin account.
So if I have this right: for both games, you don't think I'd have to start over if I started on the PS4 version(s), but for different reasons?

So if I have this right: for both games, you don't think I'd have to start over if I started on the PS4 version(s), but for different reasons?

BF2042 will most likely require you to make an Origin account, ostensibly for cross play but also for stat tracking and unlocks, which will then track across your Origin account and allow you to pick up play on any version of 2042 you buy with no loss of save data.

GT7 we don't know, but the pessimist in me says that save data will continue to be heavily locked down to soothe 'hacking' fears like GTS, and will probably require you to have a new profile set up for crossing generations.

BF2042 will most likely require you to make an Origin account, ostensibly for cross play but also for stat tracking and unlocks, which will then track across your Origin account and allow you to pick up play on any version of 2042 you buy with no loss of save data.

GT7 we don't know, but the pessimist in me says that save data will continue to be heavily locked down to soothe 'hacking' fears like GTS, and will probably require you to have a new profile set up for crossing generations.
I think I already have an Origin account, despite never being a PC gamer, so that should be simple enough. I suppose we'll just have to wait for more info regarding GT7. You're right that save data could be locked down due to hacking concerns, but at the same time, I feel that having save data be stored online like in GTS would address that, and therefore you could use that same server to transfer profile progress between the PS4 and PS5 version. I feel like all we need right now is possible confirmation of that - and for as little as we know, that could be coming this Thursday.

I

Yeah, No. It's far from undrivable and on balance about as good as GT in terms of the overall physics model.
I don't agree with this at all. Forza with a wheel it's horrible really and cars slide all over the place,even cars that are supposed to have high amount of downforce... suspensions also are laughable, they seem made of butter even on f1 cars and aerodynamics doesn't work(example you can make a corner with the drs open without any problem)...

Last edited:
Here We Go Dragon GIF by CBC

I don't agree with this at all. Forza with a wheel it's horrible really and cars slide all over the place,even cars that are supposedto have high amount of downforce...
It's fine you disagree, but you're trying to argue against one of the few people that can actually explain why, and isn't just going on preference like you or others are. Either way, you're getting into a specific area, when it was said that its' just what these two games accomplish overall concerning the physics are extremely comparable to each other - it's been noted many times that both games do things the other doesn't, both do things better than the other, and both do things worse than the other. It's not a big deal either way, because that's the goal of both the games, to straddle the middle ground for the newbies and be passable enough for the well-versed. If you're worried about the realism about Forza, than it would makes sense to put GT in the same regard - and that's not a problem for either game at all and does nothing to take away from what they accomplish and how optimized both their driving models are. Hell, if you're worried about realism of physics in the first place, these games aren't for you then.

Last edited:
I've been on this forum for 16 years and I STILL cannot grasp why people cling SO hard to a game like its their family or its their god, slinging dirt at the others while denying ANY flaw in their favorite.

Why? Its just a game.
The emotional attachment is just way too strong for some. It's like loving someone and the only beauty you see is within them only.. except this is not a living thing, making it extremely weird. This is probably the only part of the forum that the mentality you speak of - the console/game wars - still exist and crop up often.

Last edited:
Back