Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
I've been on this forum for 16 years and I STILL cannot grasp why people cling SO hard to a game like its their family or its their god, slinging dirt at the others while denying ANY flaw in their favorite.

Why? Its just a game.
Yeah exactly, look at how that comment about forza undrivable physics enraged the forza fanboys, it's like someone offended their mothers 😆

Last edited:
Yeah exactly, look at how that comment about forza undrivable physics enraged the forza fanboys, it's like someone offended their mothers 😆

This is absolutely rich considering how you react when it comes to Forza being mentioned in any regard.

Yet they are the fanboys, alright.

This is absolutely rich considering how you react when it comes to Forza being mentioned in any regard.

Yet they are the fanboys, alright.
I mean im in a GT forum, why i can't be a fanboy of the game lol . The thing i don't understand why you forza fanboys are here since it is clear that all you do in here is to bash GT and try to bully all the people that say something about forza (look at that guy's comment what reactions received)...

The thing i don't understand why you forza fanboys are here since it is clear that all you do in here is to bash GT and try to bully all the people that say something about forza
If you don't think people should be allowed to mention Forza in this thread because it's a Gran Turismo forum, then I'll be handing out the appropriate warnings to you as well, since you mention it twice.

Wind it in. And "fanboy" is an insult. Don't aim it at another GTPlanet member ever again.

Edit: That was not a suggestion.

Last edited:
look at that guy's comment what reactions received
I’m glad that blatant lies and/or misinformation gets called out and corrected. People shouldn’t be allowed to do as much, it’s literally against the forum rules to do so willingly. It weeds out the ones trying to just crap on everything.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this at all. Forza with a wheel it's horrible really and cars slide all over the place,even cars that are supposed to have high amount of downforce... suspensions also are laughable, they seem made of butter even on f1 cars and aerodynamics doesn't work(example you can make a corner with the drs open without any problem)...

So you mean like the underdeveloped tyre model, over damped suspension and so basic it hurts aero model of GTS?

Or maybe the FFB that gets a drop off in SAT in understeer utterly wrong, or the utter lack of a good LSD model (ITRs drive nothing like they should, ditto every FWD racecar?

They both have issues with physics and FFB so big you can drive a truck through them.

Damn, I've missed the absurd tribalism that makes e up some of the GTS community. Oh well at least we haven't hit back to the point of people claiming its better than PC titles in terms of physics.

Oh and as for me being a rabid defender of FM, that's quite frankly laughable it's so wide of the mark. They are both so far behind what I look for in a Sim that they hardly get any seat time at all.

Last edited:
I mean im in a GT forum, why i can't be a fanboy of the game lol
Sure, you can be. Not stopping you in that regard. But one can also realize that GT, as a series, has a multitude of problems, right down to the very core of the series. Which has been pointed out by me, and indeed, Scaff.
The thing i don't understand why you forza fanboys are here since it is clear that all you do in here is to bash GT
See above. Likewise, would you consider what Scaff posted 'bashing', considering that he is probably the number one authority for physics in racing games on this forum, able to be critical and explain why in relatively easy to understand detail? Or is it simply because he put GT and Forza on the same relative level (which, full disclosure, they absolutely are. They both are entry level sim racing games, which has been the case since 2005 when this entire rivalry started) that had you shooting off to Youtube to try and find videos which underlines your own viewpoint that runs contrary to the actual truth? Come on, I'm not stupid. I know your game, I've known it since I started interacting with you on this side of the forum for years now.

and try to bully all the people that say something about forza (look at that guy's comment what reactions received)...
Have you used the site's new search feature? It's pretty great: you're able to search by keywords and users. You would see, very clearly, that the user in question posted a frankly asinine thread, tried to (very poorly) state their opinion, and then tried to walk it back before coming back to dig more dirt onto the grave that was the thread, leaving them right back where they started.

If you want to criticize FH4 (in this specific case) or FM7 or whatever, then you're allowed to do that. That's your prerogative. I've certainly done it. The issue becomes when dishonest actors (yourself included) pull out absolute falsehoods and have pre-conceived notions about the Forza series born out of years of pissing matches that got played out in 2011, when more often then not, Forza is brought up often within context of the thread where it was mentioned. As it was here. Some elements of this forum (yourself included once again) feel it is still 2011 and that Kaz will personally award you a medal for defending the honor of the series. He won't.

Frankly, give up. Looking at your posts is an absolute joke of how fervent your desire to defend GT (when again, people are without question criticizing it on valid merits), and my feeling is we're seeing your last stand. I'm certainly done here.

So you mean like the underdeveloped tyre model, over damped suspension and so basic it hurts aero model of GTS?

Or maybe the FFB that gets a drop off in SAT in understeer utterly wrong, or the utter lack of a good LSD model (ITRs drive nothing like they should, ditto every FWD racecar?

They both have issues with physics and FFB so big you can drive a truck through them.

Damn, I've missed the absurd tribalism that makes e up some of the GTS community. Oh well at least we haven't hit back to the point of people claiming its better than PC titles in terms of physics.

Oh and as for me being a rabid defender of FM, that's quite frankly laughable it's so wide of the mark. They are both so far behind what I look for in a Sim that they hardly get any seat time at all.
Bla bla bla, just take the wheel and see what i mean...GT even having these issues it's clearly a way more realistic and tight game when it comes to physics. After this i can't take you seriosly when you talk about physics

Bla bla bla, just take the wheel and see what i mean...GT even having these issues it's clearly a way more realistic and tight game when it comes to physics. After this i can't take you seriosly when you talk about physics
In the absence of facts and proof, just pretend that what you read is nonsense while pretending what you say isn't. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Last edited:
So no actual rebuttal, simply an ad hominem attack.

I suggest you try for a constructive post and re read the AUP while you are at it.

Last edited:
"why i can't be a fanboy of the game lol"

1631041891928.png

1631041945746.png

Bla bla bla, just take the wheel and see what i mean
The fact you say this suggests you know absolutely nothing about Scaff. He has "taken the wheel" in just about every racing game going, and shares his unbiased thoughts on his YouTube channel.

Knock yourself out, listen to his thoughts and then come back with why you think he's wrong on anything, with your own experience. Not in this topic though, mind you.

I assume that if you get the PS4 version first, then eventually get the PS5 version, you'll still have to start over again, right?
Hopefully, it’d be like Assetto Corsa Competizione for PS5 next year (from the. GTP news):
Assetto Corsa Competizione is to get a dedicated new-gen console upgrade version early next year, as Kunos Simulazioni brings the official game of the GT World Challenge to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles.

Available as both a digital and physical release, the “ninth generation” version of ACC will launch on February 24, 2022 — and there’s some good news if you already own the title on eighth-gen machines. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners will be automatically upgraded to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series respectively, free of charge.

In addition, you’ll be able to take your existing game save and any of the game’s DLC you’ve purchased with you when you upgrade — so you can pick up where you left off.

Well it's been a year since the last blowup over @Scaff not being absoutely butter smooth in racing sim demonstrations despited noted reasons why.
I also learned that real world experience means very little in the face of experience with a video game.

Hopefully, it’d be like Assetto Corsa Competizione for PS5 next year (from the. GTP news):
I don't have a next gen console yet, but how does it work with any of the other cross-gen games right now? I haven't heard any complaints so I can only imagine that game saves are interchangeable between the two. One of my friends that has a Series X hasn't mentioned anything about having to start over on any of his games, and with his large library, I feel like that would have been something worth mentioning.

Last edited:
I don't have a next gen console yet, but how does it work with any of the other cross-gen games right now? I haven't heard any complaints so I can only imagine that game saves are interchangeable between the two. One of my friends that has a Series X hasn't mentioned anything about having to start over on any of his games, and with his large library, I feel like that would have been something worth mentioning.
I only have Wreckfest, but while it wasn't available of the bat interchangeable game saves came in an update for those of us that got the PS5 PS Plus free version and already owned the PS4 version. My experience was overall pretty good with the process but there were a couple of minor hiccups. The main concern I had before updating was losing my 2 seasons pass content and the cars I'd bought with fame points but luckily this turned out to be a non-issue.

Hiccups;
The first was not being able to progress with the Platinum trophy, but I'm not a trophy hunter so it wasn't a biggy for me. The second one was a bit more of an issue as I lost all of my 'Fame' (used for purchasing Exclusive items) on both of my profiles. On one profile it wasn't so bad (even though I had 800k saved) as I already owned everything in the shop but on the other one I'd been saving to go on a spending spree when I had more points (because I couldn't decide which cars to purchase :dopey:).

I apologize if I caused the thread to become off topic; I only brought up the comparison to show what might be possible on newer hardware. I know that most of your know me from Forza mainly but I do own a PS5 and I am paying attention to GT7 and will likely buy it when it comes out.

The bottom-line is that the decision has already been made and anything discussed here is nothing more than a theoretical talk on what could have potentially happened if it were PS5 only. That doesn't mean that game is going to be bad or that we won't see improvements over GTS.

Last edited:
I can't actually think of a single racing game with worse AI than GTS, well maybe Racin' Bros, but even that manages pack racing. GT as a series has been getting further and further behind the curve in terms of AI since the day it went down the route of 'chase the rabbit' as the norm.

Yeah, No. It's far from undrivable and on balance about as good as GT in terms of the overall physics model.
Stupid design decisions have ruined the integrity of GT. They are soo far behind in soo many areas, with many essential features that are commonplace in every other racing game left out completely. It's baffling. They've dropped the ball time and time again. I don't know what it is with PD, they seem to ignore the competition and do their own thing because they somehow think it's the right thing to do. I still want GT to have it's own character but it should implement important features that will increase playability.
I don't agree with this at all. Forza with a wheel it's horrible really and cars slide all over the place,even cars that are supposed to have high amount of downforce... suspensions also are laughable, they seem made of butter even on f1 cars and aerodynamics doesn't work(example you can make a corner with the drs open without any problem)...

This reminds me of my own ignorance when I joined 7 years ago. I used to proclaim that GT6 was the perfect simulation and everything else was a poor imitation, until I discover Project Cars and realised how hilariously wrong I was. That game changed everything for me and I never looked down upon Forza again.

Can't even imagine once both motorsport and gt7 have been released. It's going to be a WW3 here in GTPlanet.
I honestly don’t think it’ll be that bad. Over the years people making asinine posts like that have dwindled down by a good bit and the forum has kinda matured a bit in general. Most of them get themselves banned as well, just like this, and the repeat offenders over the years.

Man, this thread immediately derailing into rabid snarling because someone did something so outrageous as to note that Forza 8 being built for modern hardware means it shouldn't have the technical limitations of GT7 being built for crappy hardware from 2010 (and not even say that it guarantees it will be better!) reminds me of the Zer0 days. I wonder, when both of them come out probably around the same time, if people will just lie about the things GT7's engine can do and fake videos to prove it.

"GT5 models torque steer" all over again!

Last edited:
Can't even imagine once both motorsport and gt7 have been released. It's going to be a WW3 here on GTPlanet.
I would actually think things would tone down a bit. If they both came out same time it's going to be a breakdown of how they both F'ed up and how both of them underdelivered and how they both go about fixing stuff thru updates and what DLC is coming down.

Busy playing a bit but mostly busy complaining about the state of play and support.

Man, this thread immediately derailing into rabid snarling because someone did something so outrageous as to note that Forza 8 being built for modern hardware means it shouldn't have the technical limitations of GT7 being built for crappy hardware from 2010 (and not even say that it guarantees it will be better!) reminds me of the Zer0 days. I wonder, when both of them come out probably around the same time, if people will just lie about the things GT7's engine can do and fake videos to prove it.

"GT5 models torque steer" all over again!
This is what gets me. It wasn't even anything really that inflammatory. It was a simple truth that I bet even Polyphony themselves, if you ask them in private conversation, would agree with is kneecapping their ability to create the best game they can. And with a franchise that, in recent history, has pushed graphical fidelity to an almost hilariously one sided degree, to the detriment of every other aspect, is that not a bad thing that then next game in the series is forced to drag behind an aging system with bad architecture, when by the time it invariably releases (if one goes with the safe bet) that any and all reasoning to have it be on the older system will have turned to dust?

Like, this isn't the original version of Persona 5, where sunk cost fallacy and the fact that the game isn't pushing the newer system in any way, means that they can get away with releasing a game on the outgoing system long after most everyone else stopped caring about the older system. This is a game where the higher horsepower of the PS5 could actually be useful, and it's not being taken advantage of.

GT as a series has been getting further and further behind the curve in terms of AI since the day it went down the route of 'chase the rabbit' as the norm.
And physics, tyre and suspension model, weather..., GT has been getting further behind the line for a while now. It feels as if Yamauchi was interested only in graphics and photorealism, but hey we're talking about the real driving simulator.

I know that they're actually developing the game for ps4 as the base platform is very good news for millions of users, but for those of us who were expecting and actual upgrade thanks to the powerful cpus of these new consoles, at the very least in the physics department the news couldn't be more discouraging, as I was one of those many folks out there who were willing to returning "home" after so many years (GT3).

Perhaps we get a proper updated for new gen GT game at the end of the ps5 cycle..

Last edited:
Back